[cpk] [tou] [gtc] Old Americana Pack

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[cpk] [tou] [gtc] Old Americana Pack

Post by Lukeno94 »

At long last, ages after apassi requested them, I release the finished cars.

This small pack contains:

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

As these cars are not balanced against each other (to give near-equal performance, obviously they use related physics), they are based on OHS power and weight values, however, they have the same grip (albeit with less sliding) as the International Muscle Car Cup cars.

And you may notice that the file name says "pack 1". This is because I am willing to take requests for a future pack (or several). Please, before requesting, make sure that I haven't already made it for the Muscle Car Cup or OHS, and that it is an American car built between 1945 and 1985. Any type of vehicle - 4x4, pickup, bus, truck, sedan, wagon, coupe (as the yanks call them) or convertible, you name it - as long as it isn't a bike (no Harley requests please!) or farm machinery (don't fancy making tractors :rofl: for this pack at least).

Leave a comment and any requests you may have!
Attachments
old american pack 1.png
Old Americana pack 1.zip
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cpk] [tou] [gtc] Old Americana Pack

Post by Trigger Happy »

From a look on the corvette's rear on picture, you should more care about poly order. Same issues had 2 your models in UOGRC (formula and modern mini). It's pity to devalue own work by so trivial issues. :) Otherwise nice cars. :bg:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Whenever I've adjusted poly order to stop issues in the past, it made no difference, so I didn't bother here. :rofl:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Lukeno94 wrote:Whenever I've adjusted poly order to stop issues in the past, it made no difference, so I didn't bother here. :rofl:
Rethink your approach again.

Moving all the roof polygons to the right of the order is only the first step to solving the problem.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lukeno94 wrote:Whenever I've adjusted poly order to stop issues in the past, it made no difference, so I didn't bother here. :rofl:
Funny, because whenever I've tried to fix any of those 3 models by sorting the order like should be, it always made a positive difference. ;)
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

To defend Luke, when at the same time agreeing with Haruna, there are some things about poly glitching that cannot be fixed.

At certain view angles, 'sharp' (low angled) ends of triangles tend to appear over some polys above them (e.g a rear wing glitching with a car's back), no matter how you sort the polys in the order slider.

Haven't tested these cars if it could be fixed, but I'm very sure it can't be fixed as the view angle on the screenshots is such low.

Trust me, I've spent like infinite amount of hours trying to prevent poly glitching :p Some just can't be fixed, probably due to the graphics programming etc. the Räbinäs used back then. Pretty similar glitching happens even in some Playstation one games, for example.

The cars look good btw. To be honest my physics preferences are way different to Luke's, but I like the blue/yellow car :)
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!