[tou] Braymore Sanremo

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tou] Braymore Sanremo

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello guys. :wave:

I tried to make a car in style of early '50s and this coupe is the result. :D Second Braymore, this time named after famous Mediterranean tourist destination on Italian Riviera. :cool2:

Beware: the performance is very different from some Ms...' cabrios, which it may visually loosely remind.

BTW Merry Christmas! :santa:
Attachments
TH - Braymore Sanremo.png
TH - Braymore Sanremo.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
TH - Braymore Sanremo.zip
(973 Bytes) Downloaded 247 times
Alex

Re: [tou] Braymore Sanremo

Post by Alex »

Just tested it and it's pretty nice, the vinyls, headlights and incorporation of windows are awesome details and the car as a whole definitely looks like a muscle car. Nice job Ivo! :bg:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for positive comment, Alex. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I don't think it looks like a muscle car, rather like a sporty sedan from mid-50's...
However, the physics are really nice (very slippery :bg: ) but I don't entirely like the model. The front end is very nice, but the back :? I think you should have e.g. saved the vertex for the light, because the light's shape isn't really nice (I know that it's almost impossible to make it neat with three vertices while two are fixed :P ). I also think that if you want to create the feeling of "free" wheels, you shouldn't only make it at the rear, but also at the front tyres. Because of this (I guess) the continuation of the front mudguards got too long :scratch:
Also because you used the very rear vertex and didn't spend another one closer to the tyre, to improve the look, the car's body runs lowest at the very back and gets higher when approaching the tyre, which is the opposite to what cars are usually (I don't know if you'll understand that at all :D )

But keep the work up :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for comment, XYY, I'm glad you like the way it flows on road. :cool:

I had no intention of making cute rear lights, but rather something reminding vertical stripe of single lights like some old car have (or are on rear of some current retro-styled cars like wiesmann cars). :)

Also I didn't want to make ''impression'' of free wheels, but I did it only to decrease the amount of cases, when bigger half of the rear wheel disappears during the lap. I don't think, that front wheels of this model are as sensitive as rear to this, so I chose to use the vertexes and polies rather at different places, where it seemed to be more beneficial. :mrgreen:

The expression of third detail is really a small mystery for me. :hide:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I hope this little sketch helps :hide:
Attachments
rear.png
rear.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Exkakx

Post by Exkakx »

I like it. It looks great and it's fun to drive.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Exkakx: Thanks a lot. :bsmile:

@ XYY: understood. :) But it doesn't hurt me much in top view racing in the bottom of vertical element - not more than when I see e.g. tarmac through interior or even through front grill. :mrgreen: