[oth] Wildcat

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Glen

[oth] Wildcat

Post by Glen »

I'm happy to present you my first self made car Hovercraft. Wildcat
Water.jpg
Beach.jpg
Wildcat.jpg
Wildcat-specs.jpg

Thanks to Genetleman, Trigger Happy and Haruna for the car making Tutorials, and ACM for the Specs. :up:

Enjoy :)
Wildcat.zip
(911 Bytes) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by Glen on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ACM

Re: [oth] Wildcat

Post by ACM »

Having being the author of an old hovercraft pack that I feel now has the problem of bad controls, I felt obligated to try this out.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised with the physics. I didn't know what to expect, considering all the 'flying' cars I've seen made have the same problem of bad physics, but this one has a nice balance between 'floatiness' and controlability. I don't know how realistic it is, but you certainly nailed the fun factor down. This has to be the nicest, well rounded 'hovercraft' I've driven so far. :)

If only it was possible to have cars that could float and maneuver on the surface of water. :scratch:
Glen

Post by Glen »

I asked it on the official request thread,
But this morning, I found out how to make cars float, I will update the car this night :) no I wan't. (but cars specs updated, see first post)

It realy float :) trust me
ACM

Post by ACM »

This is in response to your private message.

To be honest, I didn't think making changes was needed. I don't know if the last paragraph of my post enticed you to do it, but that wasn't me telling you to make changes. And using the negative downforce trick to gives cars buoyancy doesn't address the issue of not being able to control your car once on the water so there's little benefit there, and just messes with the car's physics unless that's what you wanted to do. In the end I feel you just made the car harder to control, although I don't know if that was your intention all along. :|
Glen

Post by Glen »

Ok, so, I found the first version like a car, the second, I agree after comparing the twice, was to much...

So here is the final Setup, I ad an image with the specs in the first post and thz Zip file is new.

I will not change it again, it's for me the best between : slides, float, speed, mass, control and fun!