[cpk] [gt] [lmp] [for] Classic Racers volume 1 by Lukeno94

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[cpk] [gt] [lmp] [for] Classic Racers volume 1 by Lukeno94

Post by Lukeno94 »

Here is the second instalment of the cars I've made for GTGR2 - this time, it's the pre-1995 race cars I made.
Car 1: Huron 4A Cosworth DAF Variomatic. This little hillclimb car was re-engineered by DAF to showcase its Variomatic CVT gearbox, in combination with a Cosworth BDA engine, producing 210 hp. It has a Performance Index value of 551.
Car 2: Alfa Romeo 164 Procar. As the only car in its category, it is completely unique - a special Formula 1-style V10 engine, producing 605 hp, was used. It has a Performance Index value of 700.
Car 3: Ferrari 166 F2. This 1967 F2 car has a 1.6 litre V6 that produced 210 hp. Compared to its contemporaries, it lacked power but had a reasonable chassis. It has a Performance Index value of 448.
Car 4: Miller V16. This was an entry for the 1931 Indy 500. Despite showing lots of promise, and a healthy power output of 300 hp, reliability issues prevented it from getting the results its pace showed. It has a Performance Index value of 392.
Car 5: Penske PC23 Mercedes-Benz. A car that literally changed the Indy 500 rule book after it - perfectly legitimately - exploited a loophole involving the fact that pushrod engines could be utilized with a higher engine capacity. Its Mercedes-Benz engine produces a whopping 1,024 hp. It has a Performance Index value of 841.
Car 6: Bugatti Type 35B. The early-1930s GP racer everyone wanted. With 135 hp, it seems a bit modest now, however! It has a Performance Index value of 327.
Car 7: Cunningham C-5R. This 1953 GT car incredibly finished 3rd beyond the all-conquering D-Type Jaguars of that year's 24 Hours of Le Mans, thanks partially to its potent 300 hp Chrysler V8. It has a Performance Index value of 437.
Car 8: Ferrari 308 GT/M. This Michelotto-built car was actually a Group B car, however it was only ever entered in one rally - the 1984 Monza International Rally, where it lead until it suffered a puncture. With 363 hp, it's not surprising! It has a Performance Index value of 633.
Car 9: Ferrari 712 Can-Am. As the name suggests, it is a 7 litre, V12-engined Can-Am car, producing 750 hp. Due to Ferrari's low interest in Can-Am, however, the chassis was very underdeveloped, so it must've been a massive handful! It has a Performance Index value of 709.
Car 10: Chaparral 2K Cosworth. This car's claim to fame is that it introduced ground effect to the CART circuit. Only reliability glitches prevented it dominating its first season, where it had to wait until the last race for its first win. In 1980, however, it comfortably took the title. With 780 hp, this is a terrifyingly fast car. It has a Performance Index value of 883.
Car 11: Porsche 909 Bergspyder. This hillclimb car weighed just 385 kg, so, with 275 hp, it was massively quick. Due to the lack of any real competition, however, it was used sparingly, with the heavier Porsche 910 used more frequently instead. It has a Performance Index value of 584.
Car 12: Lotus 56. This car used a 500hp gas turbine, AWD transmission and a highly aerodynamic shape to great effect. Sadly, legislation was constantly brought in to severely restrict the car's performance and to favour piston-engined cars by the USAC. It has a Performance Index value of 658.
Please enjoy and leave a comment! :)

EDIT: Whoops, looks like it was missing the Lotus 56, and had two unnecessary Bugatti Type 35s instead. That's now fixed!
Attachments
Classic Racers volume 1 by Lukeno94.zip
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Classic Racers volume 1.png
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [cpk] [gt] [lmp] [for] Classic Racers volume 1 by Lukeno

Post by Lukeno94 »

Over 24 hours have passed, 7 downloads, yet no comments? :(
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Well i haven't downloaded them but they look great!
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Just gotta love that Chaparral! :love: I'll just leave some comments: Both the Penske and the Chaparral seem to have a way too high balance, and the Miller V16 car feels too light for having one of the biggest engines in the front part of the car. But well, I know that you used the GTGR physic calculaton ;) Speaking about the models, I think the Ferrari group 7 should have a little bit of livery, and the Huron's air intakes are maybe too big. I also have one little suggestion for the Porsche: It could also work if you would use one more vertex for the green stripe leading to the windscreen, because now it's IMO way too wide. You could take it off at the rear wing and make the lower parts of the rear wing with just one poly, but I don't know how it would look like and I haven't either checked if it works with the number of polies available.
Btw, why is the lotus 56 in the screen and in the list, but not in the carpack, please? :rofl:
Anyways, you'll have my :com: vote :bg:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

The Lotus is not in the car pack because I forgot to save my updated carpack, which included the 56 I'd initially missed, and included two slower Bugatti Type 35s.

Yes, I did use the GTGR2 physics calculation. The Miller V16 weighed just 1,073 kg, so it was fairly light. The Huron's intakes are perhaps a bit bigger than they should be, but if they weren't, they'd be invisible, and thus pointless. As for the Ferrari, it was almost completely red anyway, with some white stripes down the very edges, which I couldn't really add properly. I am aware of the fact that the stripe on the Porsche is too large, but I wanted to make the rear flaps like that, so chose to have that as my sacrifice.

There is an updated version of the pack remedying the missing Lotus and removing the needless, slower Bugatti Type 35s. :) Thanks for the constructive criticism!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Actually I made a typo- I wantedthe huron Intakes to be bigger so that they're better visible, but well :D
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Too big, too small, make your mind up my friend :rofl: Just kidding, but still, that was the best I could do with regards to the size of that car ^^
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

They look really nice! Top Job!
Lukeno94 wrote:Over 24 hours have passed, 7 downloads, yet no comments? :(
We have to encourage people to participate more in the forums. I had the same feeling in the Tracks forum many times.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Thanks for the comment Black Rebel :)