[for] [cpk] Formula 1 pack - Four cars from different eras

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

[for] [cpk] Formula 1 pack - Four cars from different eras

Post by Krisu »

- Porsche 804 F1 - McLaren MP4/2 - Williams FW12C - Renault R25 -

Aaaand hello folkz! :mrgreen:

Here are four Formula 1 cars from different 'eras', as can be said.
From oldest to newest (check the pic):

Porsche 804 F1 (1962)
The car wasn't anything ground breaking in 1962, but it was distinctive for its era:
Minimalist design, to make the car as lightweight and as streamlined as possible to compensate
for the tiny engines of the era. Indeed, a 1,500 cc, 184 bhp engine in a tiny, sleek body to
make up just 452 kg of weight in total. The French GP of 1962 was won with the car, Dan Gurney at the wheel.
The only GP victory for Porsche works team.

McLaren-TAG MP4/2 (1984)
Simply put, the MP4/2 is one of the most dominant Formula 1 cars ever. Taking 12 victories of the 16 Grands Prix in 1984,
7 for Alain Prost and 5 for Niki Lauda, it was clear that who was the team at command, leaving only few pence for everyone else.
The drivers championship battle was far from boring though, Lauda winning the title by the tiniest margin ever in F1 - half a point!
MP4/2 was the first McLaren F1 car to be designed for a turbocharged engine, the powerplant being a 1,500 cc Porsche V6, badged TAG,
creating a very fair load of horsepower.
Including the MP4/2B and MP4/2C variations - only little was changed after all - the chassis remains the most successful in the history of F1, scoring all the possible championships in 1984-1986 but the 1986 constructors title. A total of 22 GP victories, out of the possible 48, was scored.

Williams-Renault FW12C (1989)
The sport faced its most drastic rule changes in many years, FIA banning forced induction completely after the 1988 season. The new regulations permitted only max. 3,500 cc naturally aspirated engines. Renault was back in business with their to-be-extremely-successful V10 engine in 1989, providing it exclusively for Williams with full factory
support. The combination showed promising after the disappointing 1988 season, the team scoring two wins, both for Thierry Boutsen. After the
dominant McLarens, Patrese took a great 3rd place in the championship despite winning no Grands Prix, while Williams
went on to be the runner-up in constructors championship. The FW12C was a natural evolution of the 1988's FW12, and was replaced by the FW13
later in 1989.

Renault R25 (2005)
Before the 2005 season, hardly anybody believed that the all-conquering command of Ferrari and Schumacher could be stopped.
Fortunately, sports offer sudden surprises, and F1 is no exception: the R25 was fast straight out of the box, especially in the hands of young Fernando Alonso.
Later in the season, McLaren and Räikkönen proved to be very tough opponents, but the near flawless first half of the season were enough to bring Renault both titles, the first ever for Renault, including the team's first incarnation of 1977-1985. One could claim McLaren's reliability issues cost them both titles and Renault being sort of lucky, but it's hard to deny that Renault did their homework brilliantly, especially in the reliability area.

Player coloured (0/4) cars included as well!
Attachments
F1_Pack.zip
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
F1_pack.PNG
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [for] [cpk] Formula 1 pack - Four cars from different er

Post by Krisu »

Seriously, zero comments?

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Better late than never :D

These cars look pretty good! Only funny things is the rear wing of the Renault, but as you perhaps ran out of polys, it doesn't matter that much. :bg:
Steelronin

Post by Steelronin »

I love all of your cars Krisu, would love to see you do some GT's!
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Dukla: Nope, the Renault's rear wing is intended to look like that ;)
Just take a look at 2005 F1 cars, and you'll see why :p

Thanks guys!

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Each of the models looks epic! :shock: Only the two youngest seems to have pretty wide front wheel-base. :scratch: For driving no objections. :D

5/5. :up: