View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average. 
 [cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012 

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post [cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012
Hello guys.

This pack contains models of three cars entered by Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz respectively in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters since season 2012 - Audi A5 DTM, BMW M3 DTM and AMG Mercedes C-Coupé.

This small carpack was created for a competition called GeneRally DTM 2012. Because so far nobody has released any these DTMs, I had to make my own. :taped: Due to the purpose I had neither an ambition nor an interest to cover liveries of cars entered in real 2012 DTM season, each of the three models is available only once and in a user-defined color scheme. If you're by a chance interested in the series, you can try to entertain yourself by this try while waiting for somebody, who will make/release some more proper carpack dedicated to DTM. :shrug: BTW All three models in the carpack share equal performance and driving characteristic. :-)

Few technical details too:
Spoiler: show
DTM cars are silhouette models loosely resembling serial production of mentioned manufacturers. As base a carbon fibre monocoque with steel roll-cage, around a bonnet, doors, side panels and wings in carbon fibre - a mix, which guarantees safety for driver together with weight around 1100 kg. Aerodynamic modifications to front splitter and side panels, flat bottom, front and rear diffusers and a rear wing produce high down-force. Atmospheric V8 engines of capacity 4.0 l provide approx. 500bhp and torque around 500 Nm, transmitted by a 6-speed gearbox on rear wheels in size 13x18 in, front wheels 12x18 in. Brakes consist of a carbon braking system without ABS.

Thanks to XYY and Mad Dan for testing and advice. :up:

Enjoy, comments are welcomed! :hattip:

Attachments:
TH - DTM 2012.zip [42.03 KiB]
Downloaded 274 times
TH - DTM 2012.png
TH - DTM 2012.png [ 38.57 KiB | Viewed 1389 times ]

My GR Racing Stats; thanks to GWR!
Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Post Re: [cpk] [tou] Cars for DTM 2012
I really enjoy racing these cars, the main reason I chose to sign up to the competition. How accurate they are I'm not completely sure, but theyre really nice to drive so I will be using them in my GR game for a long time to come!

My GeneRally

Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks, BBA! :bsmile: BTW Credits for nice handling to Mad Dan's feedback of an early test version, which wasn't at all as ''user-friendly'' as the final cars. :mrgreen: And XYY gave some good hints too, like about Audi's front. :)

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

These cars are just incredibly smooth to drive! The balance between acceleration and top speed is perfect for my taste and the handling is just super sweet. Just like BBA, I too will enjoy these cars for a long long period of time. :goal:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for comment, Niko! :goodvibes:

I'm not sim-racer, so it's not based on an experience from another game/mod, but at least in TV the cars look like having some sort of ''super-sweet'' handling, so hopefully the driving impressions are similar to yours. :mrgreen:

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Since you made the DTM cars, can you make these cars:

Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

GeneRally Trackmaster

Strictly to say, you're off-topic, so it was quite wise by you to post it rather in requests too.

To reply you, as you can read on top, release of these DTM cars was just a side effect of some other effort, not a primary objective on its own, so I don't think I'll be devoted to creating another cars of this type unless I'd have again a similar desperate need to make them. So I won't make those, at least not in foreseeable future, sorry.

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] • Topic rating: Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.Ratings: 4, 5.00 on the average.