[tou] V8 Supercars Ford Falcon 2001

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
lesirro

[tou] V8 Supercars Ford Falcon 2001

Post by lesirro »

Okay guys, this is my first work, it's not awesome and leaves room for improvement but I think it deserves to be released :mrgreen: You don't need to be nice to me, criticize me as hard as you can :goodvibes: only way to learn.

Cheers, lesirro
V8s.png
V8s.png (17.63 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
V8 editor.png
V8S 2001 Falcon.zip
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [tou] V8 Supercars Ford Falcon 2001

Post by Lukeno94 »

Looks very good for a first car, especially considering the horribly challenging car you chose to make!
lesirro

Post by lesirro »

Lukeno94 wrote:Looks very good for a first car, especially considering the horribly challenging car you chose to make!
My first thought was: If you take a car with striking characteristics it would be easier to make the car recognizable... well... it wasn't, it was just more difficult to realize these characteristics :D but if I create the Holden I can reshape the fron of the ford so you can see the difference better. I think, it'll work.

Any advises?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

First, centre the car better - the furthest point at the front is at 2.75, and the furthest point at the back is -2.1, they should be the same, or roughly the same.

Second point: The car is very uneven. Make sure each vertex point has the same values as the opposite one (just switch positive/negative). Vertexes 9 and 10 are a prime example of a big gap, but there are several other dodgy ones as well.

Third point: Your shadow is far too wide, you should edit it to fit the car better.

Fourth point: I think the front windscreen is too slanted, and I also think, personally, the roof should be slightly higher up.

And finally, the sliding values for Glenn Seton's car do not match the other two. Also, you may want to make the X/Z models reflect the car model better, as these define what part of the car model is recognized when you hit something (Y value is only for ground clearance.)
lesirro

Post by lesirro »

Lukeno94 wrote:First, centre the car better - the furthest point at the front is at 2.75, and the furthest point at the back is -2.1, they should be the same, or roughly the same.
Is there a way to centre the car afterwards?
Second point: The car is very uneven. Make sure each vertex point has the same values as the opposite one (just switch positive/negative). Vertexes 9 and 10 are a prime example of a big gap, but there are several other dodgy ones as well.
Okay
Third point: Your shadow is far too wide, you should edit it to fit the car better.
:D Forgot about that, thanks.
Fourth point: I think the front windscreen is too slanted, and I also think, personally, the roof should be slightly higher up.
Okay
And finally, the sliding values for Glenn Seton's car do not match the other two. Also, you may want to make the X/Z models reflect the car model better, as these define what part of the car model is recognized when you hit something (Y value is only for ground clearance.)
Is there a tutorial for that or shall I just play a little bit with the settings to find out the right setup?

Thanks for the advice! :bg:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

1: Not to my knowledge
5: I personally set the X value to the widest point of the car, and the Z value to the longest point.