[tou] V8 Supercars Car of the Future

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

[tou] V8 Supercars Car of the Future

Post by Haruna »

As per the demands of puttz

New version here

Ford Falcon V8 Supercar COTF '13
dp-v8scFalcon.png
dp-v8scFalcon.png (2.54 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Holden Commodore V8 Supercar COTF '13
dp-v8scCommodore.png
dp-v8scCommodore.png (2.38 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Mercedes-Benz E-Class V8 Supercar COTF '13
dp-v8scEclass.png
dp-v8scEclass.png (2.46 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Nissan Altima V8 Supercar COTF '13
dp-v8scAltima.png
dp-v8scAltima.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
Looking to make their official racing debut in 2013, the V8SC Cars of the Future are, as their name implies, next-generation successors to the current breed of V8 Supercars, which are V8 sedans. The series is known for intense, close range melee action, as witnessed in the 2012 Bathurst 1000 km race, where Jamie Whincup managed to fend off David Reynolds in a last-lap standoff to the finish. Despite weighing a staggering 1355 kilograms, these cars are surprisingly nimble given their lack of downforce and relatively high weight. Due to the high-horsepower output from the 5.0 liter V8s the V8SCs use, they're very capable of speeds of over 200 miles per hour - and bringing these cars to a slow is no easy task. For a rookie to such powerful machines, driving a V8 Supercar is a daunting task - but an ultimately rewarding experience, with powersliding aplenty and a lot of technical skill involved in keeping this madness under control.

As a side note, all of the cars in this pack use identical physical parameters, all the way down to the wheelbase and head positioning - this is a measure done to prevent favoritism wars between the manufacturers.

Specifications
635 BHP from a 5.0 liter V8 (atmospheric)
Front-engine / Rear wheel drive
3 Sizes (inches): 193.0 L x 70.9 W x 47.2 H
Wheelbase (inches): 112.2
Dry weight: 1355 kilograms without driver
44% frontal weight
Racing slick tires
Tire widths f/r: 300/300 mm
-726 lbs of lift @ 200 km/h
Drag Coefficient: 0.47
Power to Weight Ratio: 0.47 HP/KG
Acceleration Rating: 4.9 out of 10
Speed Rating: 7.8 out of 10
Cornering Rating: 5.4 out of 10
Grip Rating: 4.1 out of 10
Performance Index: 640/B
Racing Classification: Australian V8 Supercar (Sub-type: Car of the Future)
Attachments
DP_V8SC_COTF.zip
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Last edited by Haruna on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [tou] V8 Supercars Car of the Future

Post by Marcinho »

Where is front poly (Nissan)??

Great cars :D
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Marcinho wrote:Where is front poly (Nissan)??

Great cars :D
None primarily because it's not noticeable in gameplay.

puttz

Post by puttz »

Awesome! Thanks, Haruna. Can't wait until I get a chance to try these out on the circuits that will be in V8SC S2. I presume that I have your permission to use these in the compo? And by the way, are the physics identical to the 2009/2010 cars?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

puttz wrote:Awesome! Thanks, Haruna. Can't wait until I get a chance to try these out on the circuits that will be in V8SC S2. I presume that I have your permission to use these in the compo?
Permission is not required for use in competitions. By extension of that, you have all right to go forward to use the pack.
puttz wrote:And by the way, are the physics identical to the 2009/2010 cars?
NO. These models handle significantly differently to the point where the older, non-COTF models may have an unfair (dis)advantage against the new models. Please do not mix the two sets together, as balance of competition will be lost if this occurs.

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Hi,
I don't really like these new cars if I compare them to the old cars (2009/2010 base pack) :? . I think the style of those cars from 2010 was way better and they also looked much better in-game :nod: . You could really look at the cars of 2010 and identificate them as a V8 Supercar Holden or Ford. If I now compare the Holden and the Ford, the only difference seems to be a slightly different shaped front and a repositioned spoiler which looks almost the same in-game :| . Similar with the Mercedes, although the grille sticks out a bit. And the Altima is quite different from the other cars, although it could have been made a lot better if you hadn't made the gaps for the tyres. :roll:
Furthermore, the cars seem to be really thin. I even believe that you used proper values and that they are this wide and long in reality, but with the tyres moved so far to the inside it looks really strange and not at all like a nice GR-car.
I won't ask where is the progress because you probably like what you've done and I won't change your opinion about the gaps for the tyres (which I don't like so much if you have to waive important details) by writing this comment, but in my eyes your cars have become worse visually :sorry:
And the physics are quite okay, although not exactly my cup of tea (we have different styles there). But I won't talk about them now (haven't tested them too extensively either, but they felt okay compared to your other cars :bg: ).

In sum 3,5/5 :star:

Btw, you wrote that they'd be very capable of speeds over 200 mph. I always thought that their gearbox would stop them at 306 kph (191 mph). Or is this a new feature of the COTF? :)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

XYY wrote: Furthermore, the cars seem to be really thin. I even believe that you used proper values and that they are this wide and long in reality, but with the tyres moved so far to the inside it looks really strange and not at all like a nice GR-car.
I won't ask where is the progress because you probably like what you've done and I won't change your opinion about the gaps for the tyres (which I don't like so much if you have to waive important details) by writing this comment, but in my eyes your cars have become worse visually :sorry:
This is why I gave up car making - comments like these.

There is a reason why I use the gaps for wheels, it is because I wanted to maintain consistency across all of my car models. It was retarded, looking at my Audi R18 model, and seeing gaps there, but no gaps for any of my other closed-wheel cars. This irks the crap out of me. Plus, I wanted to reduce flickering.

BTW, yes, all V8 Supercars are gearbox limited - but if it weren't for that they'd be very capable of hitting 200 mph.

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Please don't feel offended or anything, I of course accept that you choose another style than I do, and I think that if you have the motivation to do stuff, you should do it, no matter what others may think about it (even if it's only for your own fun). And if making cars like these feels right for you, then do it. Also you musn't forget that many people like your cars so don't disappoint them. ;)
And btw, not all of these cars with the holes for the wheels look bad. Even you gave an own example - the Ford Falcon posted in your Project New Direction. :yummy:

btw2: If I take your motivation by writing posts, should I just stop? :taped:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...!!!!!!

Leave others in the dust, don't let them get in your way:talkth:

Fight them monsters, show your power, a mass of steel, you WILLLLLLLLLLD THING~♪ :misch:

Fumes of burning hot blood on the CAR!!! :o

Storming of the wheel~♪ :cool2:

...Engine stays hot but I stay cool, kick the gas pedal to the floor~♪

Show me what you can do! :rally:

Victory is yours!!! :champa:

Oh, wait...
Models significantly improved.
Note that the front and rear track of these cars is +0.2 greater than old models, which changes handling characteristics.
Attachments
dpr1-v8falcon.png
dpr1-v8falcon.png (2.52 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
dpr1-v8holden.png
dpr1-v8holden.png (2.39 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
dpr1-v8eclass.png
dpr1-v8eclass.png (2.62 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
dpr1-v8altima.png
dpr1-v8altima.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 5473 times
DP_V8SC_COTF_R1.zip
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

puttz

Post by puttz »

Alright, much better! :bg: I'll admit I was a little disappointed in the initial models, but I was happy enough with the fact that those were even made at all. :goodvibes: Still haven't gotten to test out the physics, I'll be thrilled it the AI can handle these much better than the old ones.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Steelronin

Post by Steelronin »

Good God! the new models are awesome!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I have to agree that the new models are a massive improvement, what a pity that you couldn't find another vertex for rectangular spoilers for the Mercedes and the Nissan - anyhow, I prefer these cars ;)
ACM

Post by ACM »

I'm really loving how your recent crop of cars drive, Haruna. Keep up the good work. :)