[cpk] [tou] [ovl] ICARS (fictional series)

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
puttz

[cpk] [tou] [ovl] ICARS (fictional series)

Post by puttz »

Here is my first carset that I have ever released :bg: It is a fictional series that is designed to be contested on a combined schedule of ovals and road courses (sort of like a closed-wheel Indycar Series). The name is an acronym, International Championship Auto Racing Series. The cars are based off of a formula of having the main body of the car be standard between all models, and the front end being unique to each manufacturer (kind of like the NASCAR Nationwide series). Each car in the pack has slightly unique physics, such that some cars have a little more power, and some have more downforce, some are a little faster, and some have less drag. The physics are pretty well balance in my opinion, as all the cars have physics values within a small range, and I designed it such that if a car has better numbers in one area, it has worse numbers in another. In testing they seemed to balance out pretty well, some cars had an edge on some tracks, and others on other tracks, but for the most part they are fairly equal. In the initial pack there are 6 different cars, two fictional, and four based on real manufacturers. From left to right in the screenshot, they are the Swift Arrow (fictional), Dodge Challenger, Alfa Romeo, Cherokee (fictional), BMW, and Chevy Camaro. I hope that you enjoy these cars. There will be more coming, but I figured I'd get this initial set out.

Additionally, I have included in the zip the base body for the cars, and anyone is free to use it to create additional manufacturers for the series, under the condition that all of the polies and vertices that are already there do not get changed, except for changing colors, and that you release any car that you create with it in this thread. More specific terms are in the readme. As far as physics, I would suggest copying them from one of the existing cars in the pack. You will be credited in the readme and in this thread for any car that you may make with the base.

I may or may not run a compo using this formula, depending on what people think of the cars. That is the reason for the compo clause in the readme (not that I would expect anyone else to want to use these in a compo :roll: )
Attachments
ICARS_update1.zip
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
ICARS.jpg
Last edited by puttz on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Re: [cpk] [tou] [ovl] ICARS (fictional series)

Post by puttz »

Anybody got any comments/criticisms?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

I have added two new cars into the pack, the Toyota Camry, and an Audi. See the preview below. The 3 on the left are the Camry, the 3 on the right are the Audi.

Anyone trying to create cars with the base?

...Thought not :P
Attachments
ICARS_Camry_Audi.jpg
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Sorry for the temporary stalemate of comments :P Anyhow, I am enjoying this kind of (semi-)fictional cars. :bg:

Nice to know they are released :)