[lmp] Banshee KPX

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
puttz

[lmp] Banshee KPX

Post by puttz »

Here's a car that I've had sitting around my hard drive for a couple of weeks, although I cannot claim total credit for it. I based it off of the Lambda PN2 by Gzehoo (with permission, of course). The physics are identical, and some of the polies are the same, just some of the main body polies. The nose, wing, and rear are my design, and the windscreen was rearranged.

Now, about this car (fictional background). The Banshee KPX came out of the ruins of the Swift EP prototype racer after the project was cancelled when Swift Racing Development decided to focus their efforts in another direction (this project, which is still in the works, will result in the Swift JF013). The initial idea was to race in the 24 hours of Le Mans, but Swift couldn't come up with enough backing for the car, so they tossed the plans aside. A few of the designers and engineers who worked on the EP project split off to become the Banshee Design Group, and proceeded to build the car under a new name, but to slightly different specs than the initial plan. The new idea was to compete in the Lambda Endurance Series 2012 2013, so it was reconfigured to be the same spec as the Lambda PN2, the sole competitor in the 2012 season. Now they just have to get the car approved by the GRChA, and find teams who will race the car. It is rumored that Volcano Motorsports will step up to give the car a shot if it is approved for racing.

I hope someone enjoys this car. Don't forget to try it with the Lambda PN2 :bg:
Attachments
Banshee KPX.jpg
Banshee KPX.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Last edited by puttz on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Gzehoo

Re: [lmp] Banshee KPX

Post by Gzehoo »

Not bad. I see that you change some parameters but you could also change Balance in your car. Anyway, IMO it's a good opponent for my Lambda PN2 :bg:

BTW. There will be Endurance Series 2013, not 2012 ;)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
puttz

Post by puttz »

:doh: Still haven't gotten used to saying 2013 yet :D
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

What a wonderful model! :shock: