[cpk] [ser] [for] Formula 1 2013

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cpk] [ser] [for] Formula 1 2013

Post by XYY »

Hi all,
something no one expected (I even surprised myself), punctual just after the first race has been held, I'm proud to present you my Formula 1 2013 carpack.
The pack includes 11 models which are all unique (apart from Mercedes - McLaren, they share the same model :P ), but with equal physics. The physics were taken from the PGRF1 2011 carpack. As I had and have several problems applying my physics to F1 cars (which was really notificable in the 2011 pack, but would still be imperfect with my current physics), I asked Rudy and he gave me the permission to slightly modify the physics. :)

So here they are, fresh from my car factory :cool2: I hope you enjoy them, so please leave a comment. ;)
Attachments
f1_2013_xyy.png
F1 2013.XYY.zip
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cpk] [ser] [for] Formula 1 2013

Post by Bouncebackability »

Just a couple of points I see from the screenshot. It's probably just the angle but the front of the Ferrari looks really odd and cut off. Also the shadow at the front, I think would have been better had it led to a single point, rather than this 'squared' end.

As I said, this is going by the screenshot, so may look completely different when actually being used, Otherwise I really like the models!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your comment, BBA :) I made the nose of the Ferrari like this to have 2 more vertices left. As a result, there are those white stripes below the air intake leading to the front. Of course I can understand that not everyone likes it that much cut off, but I think it's the best solution for this car (at high WS, where F1's are often used, you don't really notice the little kink in the hood ;) ). If it would only bother you that the nose is so short, I looked on a photo and there it was significantly shorter than the front wing.

Talking about the shadows, I don't really like a "single point" solution. However it might be an idea to move the squared end "under" the front wing, so that it becomes invisible... :scratch:

Some more comments please? ;)
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

These are very good Formula 1!!! :bg: At physical I do I can't well! I have the model, but I can't do the physical. :D :D :D
Sorry for my bad english!