[ral] Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
One

[ral] Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

Post by One »

Hello dear community,

I felt it, exactly like women feel when they want to have a child. Well it's about the same thing : I felt in my deep self that I wanted to give birth to a new car (my last one, the 2011 LMP1 pack dating to june 2011, almost 2 years). That was an inexplicable need.
Then it was like a logical process in my mind, this Pikes Peak car elected itself in my brain and the idea stuck there until tonight.
I have posted a preview maybe 2 hours ago, showing you how I just can't stop working on a car when it's going on, until it's very finished. That is to say that I wanted it finished so much, that I was about to post it a first time, then wanted to change something on the model, so had to delete all the screenshots and do them again !

Now about the car : Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak
15 years after the first of their two consecutives victories (with Ari Vatanen, then Robby Unser on a 405 T16), the french automobile industrial Peugeot, with the precious help of Sébastien Loeb, is coming back to the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb this year (on June's 30th) with a modified Peugeot 208 T16 (rallycar), with a tuned 875hp V6 who made his new driver Loeb calling it "a rocket". With a 0-100km achieved in 1"8, it might be trustful.

So here it is, feel free to enjoy it as your convenience. ;)
The .car file include a free-to-colour model, as well as a painted one depicting the real car.
Don't hesitate to give comments, opinions, advices (or congratulations of course !), that might be helpful to motivate me to create new cars within 2 years this time !
Attachments
Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak.zip
(1010 Bytes) Downloaded 305 times
208T16B.png
208T16C.png
208T16A.jpg
a.k.a Lyserg and previously GeneHunter
Rendy

Re: [ral] Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

Post by Rendy »

Looks great! I'll let you know how its performance is after I tested it!
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
One

Post by One »

A pleasure to see how enthusiastic everybody is... :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Don't let it get to you, the car subforum is dead. That said, it's good to see you back, and with a very solid looking car! I do think the top vertex of the headlights should be moved forward a bit, otherwise, with your style of carmaking, it's basically bang on. Good job!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The performance is great! You've got potential there! :)

One

Post by One »

Lukeno94 wrote:Don't let it get to you, the car subforum is dead.
But every car get tenth of views, people passing by can simply leave a little comment, it doesn't takes a lot of time and that's really how to thank and cheer up the work of people.

Thanks for your kind words, yours too Rendy ;)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Well, it is not exactly the Peugeot 208 I need, but thanks anyway for your nice work. :bg:
ACM

Post by ACM »

I can give you my theory for why no one comments in the cars forum: Properly evaluating cars requires extensive knowledge of automotive history. To give an evaluation for a specific car that would be even remotely helpful would require first hand experience of the real car being replicated and how it handles, or at least to watch demonstrations of that car - which very few people in the world, let alone an internet forum for an inconspicuous game like this can ever hope to be qualified for. Much of the appeal of carmaking is being able to vicariously drive real life cars - but anyone who isn't a motorhead and just likes games will see an overwhelming amount of models which all look the same and have only marginal power differences - that they wouldn't know how they should be properly evaluated. Currently the most receptive cars are sports season packs such as Formula 1 and World Rally Championship, and that's because most people watch sports and thus can relate to their cars.

Tracks by comparison are very easy to evaluate - you fire up the game and drive around the track - and you instincively feel if the track is right or off. From an asthetics point of view, the only prerequisite is to observe the outside world; which practically everyone does constantly. The appeal of trackmaking is for driving on entirely new courses and for new twists and challenges, with the exception of real world tracks - and those are simple to evaluate too - you find photos or footage of the real place and only compare what they look like.

How nice cars drive also depends on the design of the tracks themselves, and most tracks are optimised for the original cars anyway. And thanks to an inflexible A.I. system, most A.I.s only give a challenge with the original cars, so finding custom cars for the purpose of a hard race becomes futile too. This is why some of the more receptive cars also come with purpose built tracks ready, like BmxSim.

tl;dr: More people are qualified to critique tracks than cars. This is because of the nature of how each subject is enjoyed.

And since I bothered to type out that lengthy essay, I may as well leave a bit on your car: Seeing as how I have no knowledge of the Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak, I can't give you any pointers on how to make it better. However, nothing about it from testing it seems inherently wrong. As the the model, judging by the comparison shot, the lights look like they could be a bit taller/bonnet less sloped and flat, and the other two headlight vertexes not touching the grill pushed further back/front of car where headlights are made less square.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

One wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:Don't let it get to you, the car subforum is dead.
But every car get tenth of views, people passing by can simply leave a little comment, it doesn't takes a lot of time and that's really how to thank and cheer up the work of people.

Thanks for your kind words, yours too Rendy ;)
You're welcome... :)

It's annoying sometimes if you've made great cars but no one/only one commented them in 24 hours' time. I've made 2 new cars and am starting anew here... (All of them are [tou]s btw :shh:)