[ser] [gtc] [lmp] Can-Am Series 1966

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ser] [gtc] [lmp] Can-Am Series 1966

Post by XYY »

Hi all :hattip: ,
After a long time after I actually started this one (it was late 2011 or even earlier), I finally finished my long awaited Can-Am 1966 pack. This pack includes all the Can-Am cars of the 1966 season which are "typical" Can-Am/Group 7 cars (so the Ferrari Dino or Ford GT40 are excluded) which one could have seen on a picture (I included some worse drivers whose cars were photographed rather than a little bit better driver which can't be found on any pictures).
There are six base cars and 18 Driver's cars/liveries ordered by their championship position. As some cars would have been exactly the same, some drivers weren't included. If you want to have Chris Amon, use Bruce McLaren's car. If you want to have Graham Hill, use John Surtees' car. I also believe that Skip Scott used the same car as Peter Revson. :cool2:
I do believe I got most of the liveries right and included most of the cars you would wish to drive. However, if you miss a car or spot a wrong livery, please tell me about it so I can fix it. ;)

Enough talked, take them on the track! Here the calendar of the 1966 season:
1. Player's 200 Quebec, Mont-Tremblant/St. Jovite by BBA (unfortunately not a historic version)
2. Bridgehampton Grand Prix, Bridgehampton by Trigger Happy
3. Canadian Grand Prix for the Pepsi-Cola Trophy, Mosport Park by SGoodwin
4. Monterey Grand Prix, Laguna Seca (unfortunately no version with the right layout available atm)
5. Los Angeles Times Grand Prix, Riverside Raceway (unfortunately thunder_ace's version is neither available as a download, although I could send it to you, nor has it got the right layout. I'll try to finish mine at least this year :shhh: )
6. Stardust Grand Prix, Stardust Raceway (unfortunately not available at all atm)

But you could also race on other tracks with a historic touch (Spa 47-78, Buenos Aires, Reims etc.), if you don't care so much about the exact locations... :rofl:

Have fun and please comment! :)
Attachments
can-am_1966.png
Can-Am 1966.XYY.zip
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [ser] [gtc] [lmp] Can-Am Series 1966

Post by Lukeno94 »

They look pretty much spot on, well done!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Fantastic! :-o Sure place in my 'Cars' folder. :up:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Very nice cars :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Wow, more comments! :rofl: And thanks for the nice words :bsmile: