[gtc] NAGRCA GT Series (Fictional GT cars)

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
puttz

[gtc] NAGRCA GT Series (Fictional GT cars)

Post by puttz »

And here's another car set that I've had sitting on my HD for a while, and am just now releasing after a little bit of physics editing. This is a set of fictional GT cars, although they are based somewhat on some real racing cars (can you guess what real cars inspired each one? :P ).
Some (fictional) background on the cars.

AR2 (Speedtec)- The European entry into the series, the AR2 was the creation of a join venture of German and Italian car designers and engineers. A large rear wing for high downforce was incorporated, and an engine with a good bit of power. The downside to the car is an increase in drag, and slightly lower top speed that the other entries. Still is probably the strongest car in the series.

Typhoon (Weston)- The British Weston group decided to try to bring their car into the mix in the GT Series, a car focused on aerodynamics and reduced drag. They accomplished this with the Typhoon, but with a slight cost in the handling department, and also a less powerful motor, but is still as fast down the straights as the other two cars.

Venom STR (American Racing Compay)- After limited success in the touring car arena with the Striker Touring Car, the American Racing Company has turned their focus to GT racing, with the powerful Venom STR. A little unwieldy at times, but still a worthy competitor, the Venom STR is the middle of the road option of the three manufacturers in the series.
I sure am filling up the car page at the moment, aren't I? :D
Attachments
NAGRCAGT.zip
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
NAGRCAGT.png
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA