[for] Formula Zero v1.1

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.

Did you like this car?

It's awesome! You should definitely make more!
5%
It's pretty good for a first car, good job!
25%
Not bad, but you have quite a lot to learn.
35%
Honestly, it's bad, but since it's your first car...
35%
Eww! It's terrible! You should never make a car again!
No votes
Don't really care...
No votes

Total votes: 20
CozmicDragon

[for] Formula Zero v1.1

Post by CozmicDragon »

So here's my first car. Juan's Car Editor is surprisingly easy to use even for a newbie like me. Any feedback and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the future of motor racing...
Formula Zero

The Formula Zero is a fictional open-wheeler car, known also as the CSV F0-MDL13. It is made almost entirely of glass fiber, giving it a pretty light weight (550kg). It is powered by a 1.6 liter twin-turbocharged flat-6 capable of producing 520bhp. You know what they say, "Power is nothing without control". The wide front wing and the revolutionary triangular rear wing deliver big amounts of downforce to keep the car stable while keeping an aerodynamic profile, but the nature of the rather exotic rear wing makes the car prone to fishtailing if pushed too hard. In the GeneRally world, its top speed is of about 125km/h, though in a more serious game its 6-speed sequential gearbox would propel it up to speeds exceeding 260km/h.

Without further ado, it's time for some pics and downloads!
FormulaZero_1.jpg
FormulaZero_2.jpg
FormulaZero_v1.1.rar
(925 Bytes) Downloaded 245 times
Last edited by CozmicDragon on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beginner GR Car Maker & GR Racer (emphasis on Beginner...)
You can use any of my stuff for anything you want (except making profit of it), as long as you credit me. DON'T PM ME REQUESTING PERMISSIONS!!!
Just snoopin' around whenever I feel like it. Lost most of my stuff after my PC broke though...
puttz

Re: [for] Formula Zero

Post by puttz »

The model looks pretty nice, but there are a couple of issues:
1. If you have 1 more poly available, you should put one on the back side of the wing, it looks funny to have it disappearing when the car is facing away from the camera.
2. You need to make the y-value lower. The car is kind of floating right now, to fix that, just decrease the y value a bit (I believe that the y-value has something to do with the center of gravity of the car, someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

I am also not a big fan of the physics, but perhaps those will feel much different if the car were firmly planted on the ground rather than floating in the air like the tires are filled with helium ;)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
CozmicDragon

Re: [for] Formula Zero v1.1

Post by CozmicDragon »

1. If you mean the rear wing, it already has a poly on its backside.
2. I had to move the car up so it wouldn't fall through the ground. I'll move it down a little.

In any case...

v1.1 update:

Moved the car down a little, should feel less floaty now.
Wings are now the same color as the head so they are more identifiable if the main color is close to that of the surface (a la original Formula).

Re-download please.
Beginner GR Car Maker & GR Racer (emphasis on Beginner...)
You can use any of my stuff for anything you want (except making profit of it), as long as you credit me. DON'T PM ME REQUESTING PERMISSIONS!!!
Just snoopin' around whenever I feel like it. Lost most of my stuff after my PC broke though...
puttz

Re: [for] Formula Zero v1.1

Post by puttz »

The car still feels like it's on ice or something to me, much too slidey. But that's just my opinion. It is a pretty nice looking car :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA