[oth] Extreme-G III Bike

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

[oth] Extreme-G III Bike

Post by Haruna »

IN A RACE WHERE LOSING
IS NOT AN OPTION

THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE
IS TO STAY ON TWO WHEELS

LIVE. EARN. BURN.
EXTREME G III

In my childhood, Extreme-G III was one of the most defining games as a player. Extreme sound-breaking speed (and it's actually simulated somewhat too!), breathtaking and occasionally deadly circuits, opponents with an insatiable itch on the trigger finger, a thumping soundtrack, and man-portable rail guns.

For one reason or another, Masa's F-Zero car and track set have given me the inspiration to create this. Since I haven't owned the game for a really long time, none of the six teams from the XG3 game are in this pack, but you do get four speed classes, each with very different feelings and skill ceilings.

FOR THE LOVE OF FLANDRE SCARLET, RUN WITH DAMAGE OFF! :ouch:

I'd also recommend some of the faster, more checkpoint-lenient tracks from Masa's F-Zero track packs... tracks such as Area 81, Bobsleigh, City, Conveyor, Coteau, Desert, Forest, Mickey, Midnight, Spring, Storm, (Long) Straight, The Touge, the Tokyo Expressway, and X-Beach.

250G: The basic speed class at the start of the game. Momentum, but more importantly, distance is key. To get away from the pack, you'll need to take the shortest paths you can, as nearly everyone can reach max speed with a reasonably sized straightaway. 4 lap races recommended.

500G: This more advanced speed class introduced enemies that could shoot rockets and lay down bouncing mines; thankfully you don't have to put up with those underhanded tactics here. You have far more power on tap here, but stay off the walls: they'll only slow you down. 6 lap races recommended.

750G: Here's where things start to get crazy. Long straights on 250G suddenly turn into tiny strips of straight road. Gentle corners suddenly get ugly. And your face will be too, if you don't lift off the throttle and steer well ahead of time. Due to the speeds the bikes travel at in this speed class (just about 400 km/h), it is easy to lose a lot of time from crashes. 8 lap races recommended.

1000G: This one's for those of you maniacs unsatisfied with 750G speeds. Although the original game bikes can hit Mach 1 without breaking a sweat, obviously that is impossible here with the tiny GR tracks. However, a practical maximum speed of 650 km/h in GR is nothing to laugh at: that's about three or four times quicker than the original Formula down a straight. At these speeds, even a gentle graze against a trackside object can spell a huge disaster; you'll cringe, laugh, cry, or a combination of all three at how the bike flails hopelessly in the air in its vain attempts to come back down from a wreck. Remember what the XG3 game intro said: THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IS TO STAY ON TWO WHEELS. 12 lap races recommended.

"GENERALLY FANS! WELCOME TO EXTREME-G III. RIDERS, PREPARE TO RACE."
Attachments
xg3-bike.png
xg3-bike.png (2.14 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
Extreme_G3_Bike.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion