[cpk] [ser] [tou] ITC 1996 by Herbal

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

[cpk] [ser] [tou] ITC 1996 by Herbal

Post by Herbal »

Didn't think that I am also able to release today an other pack, but here you have it: the International Touring Car Championship's first and only season replicated for GeneRally!

If you're not an expert of motorsports, then in some words: ITC has been emerged from Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft in year 1995, when alongside with the original DTM other international events have been held around Europe, namely Estoril, Helsinki, Mugello, Magny-Cours and Donington Park. In next year, a kind of massive expansion has come to the calendar with Suzuka and Interlagos. With the emerging costs and abrupt technical competition, ITC had an abrupt end after 1996, since two manufacturers decided to leave.

However, that is history for now. Here we have cars included: Alfa Romeo 155, Mercedes C-Klasse (W202) and Opel Calibra; great teams like Alfa Corse (aka Nordauto, aka N.Technology), JAS Motorsport, AMG, Joest Motorsport, Team Rosberg, Persson Motorsport and Zakspeed.

Physics are created specially for these cars, I hope you like their handling (actually, not my taste, but they are at least realistic... :sweatdrop: )

So, if you like them, do not forget to rate them! Enjoy again!
Attachments
ITC_1996.PNG
ITC 1996 by Herbal.zip
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cpk] [ser] [tou] ITC 1996 by Herbal

Post by Black Rebel »

Impressive models.
DownloadCars

Post by DownloadCars »

You never fail to deliver.

I feel like I should be deleting every single other carset in my folder and keeping only your cars, because their physics are so unique and yet they play together in a very nice way. And by that, you are making me remind of my long lost love in Touring Cars.

If I learn in time how to, expect a CoM nomination/vote from me. Great stuff, great carset, and hell, great Alfa Romeo logo.
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

WOW! Thank you so much for making these cars!
Going to Hockenheim in 1996 is one of my first memories and maybe the main reason I´m a motorsport-fan today!
The sound of these beasts is still ringing in my ears. These cars were simply incredible!

But I´m really not a fan of the handling. They are too fast and grippy for my taste...
Is it possible to make another pack in which they handle more like the Yankee or General?
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

First of all, I am glad, that you like my ITC pack. :goodvibes:
Scholl wrote:But I´m really not a fan of the handling. They are too fast and grippy for my taste...
Is it possible to make another pack in which they handle more like the Yankee or General?
Could be, however not nowadays. I wasn't keen with the specifications either, even if the speed values and aero suggest those kind of handling, and I guess they will be revised, I need just to finish finally those university works very soon. Probably I'll have some free time in mid-November. ;)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars