[gtc] Weston Tsunami GGT

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
puttz

[gtc] Weston Tsunami GGT

Post by puttz »

I present to you my GGT spec car from the British Weston company, the Tsunami GGT. Weston decided to enter the fray of the GGT category, seeing as there are not many manufacturers in the category at the moment. It may be a challenge to get up to speed, but the engineers at Weston are finally ready to put their car to the test. If the car looks familiar, that is because it is a close cousin to the Weston Typhoon of NAGRCA GTR fame. This car is free for use by any competitor in a series using the GGT specification. You may paint it in car editor for your team and submit it in the series thread.
Attachments
Tsunami GGT.zip
(963 Bytes) Downloaded 297 times
Tsunami GGT.png
Tsunami GGT.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Last edited by puttz on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: [gtc] Weston Tsunami GGT

Post by Marcinho »

i-belive-i-can-fly.png
i-belive-i-can-fly.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

Hi puttz :) You seem to have an issue with the Y value of your car—which results in the car floating over the ground, as Marcinho's picture shows. The Y value is a tricky thing really, but one easy way to solve the issue is what I usually do: move the car up/down (Tools -> Move...) so that the tyres are at Y = 0. Then use the size of the larger tyres (0.33 in this case) as the Y value, and that's it! You could try solving the issue by simply reducing the Y value manually and see when it's good, but it's all trial and error so it will take some time ;)
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh, dear, seem's I've gotten sloppy with my cars :doh: I'll have to fix that momentarily. I was just putting in the Y value from the specs, and neglected to test the car :ouch:

Edit: Let's try that again. Edited version in the first post.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA