[oth] ( GTA - San Andreas/III/Vice City ) Dodo plane

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
rooboty

[oth] ( GTA - San Andreas/III/Vice City ) Dodo plane

Post by rooboty »

Yay! :D

I finally recreated the Dodo plane from G.T.A. S.A. , G.T.A. V.C. and G.T.A. III!

The plane is entirely made from scratch and its colour pattern is the same as in San Andreas. (I might make a Vice City pattern if people are interested in that). The vehicle has minus downforce which means that it can fly! :rolleyes:
It is very slidey and light so its hard to control it but its a plane, its not supposed to be controllable!

Here is the comparison and download link if someone wants that:
Dodo-GTASA-front.jpg
Dodo Plane.png
Dodo Plane.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
shot0000.png
Dodo Plane GTA SA.zip
(893 Bytes) Downloaded 317 times
I am really sad because of the limits, but this is what I could do.There isn't a shadow, because I have some problems with it at the moment, I will fix it later on. I hope everyone who uses this plane has fun with it! :bsmile:
Last edited by rooboty on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [oth] ( GTA - San Andreas/Vice City ) Dodo plane

Post by Sartalas »

Model is okay, but in game it isn't look good. You must move polygons (of wings) to last position. Then this polygons will be writing last, and will be showing before previous polys. ;)
rooboty

Re: [oth] ( GTA - San Andreas/Vice City ) Dodo plane

Post by rooboty »

Yes, I do see it now, the wings are under the side windows, I actually did not know that that happens... I can't fix it on this plane, because it will take a very long time, but atleast the next cars that I make won't have that problem, thank you so much, otherwise I wouldn't have known about this.
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
Hormous

Re: [oth] ( GTA - San Andreas/III/Vice City ) Dodo plane

Post by Hormous »

rooboty wrote:I can't fix it on this plane, because it will take a very long time
No, it's very simple. Just select the poly you want to move with the bar on the top-left, then use the arrows between the buttons "Add poly" and "Remove poly" to move the selected poly to another position (for example as Sartalas suggested the easiest way is to move the six wing's polys to last positions).
rooboty wrote:There isn't a shadow, because I have some problems with it at the moment, I will fix it later on.
:scratch: everything seems to be fine on the model, completely don't know which one could be the problem.

About the model you surely made a good ones :bg: , it's quite undriveable and funny on some (strange) way, even if GR is absolutely not a game for planes.