[cpk] [ovl] Local Street Stocks

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
puttz

[cpk] [ovl] Local Street Stocks

Post by puttz »

Finally decided to put my street stock pack out, these cars are an expansion of my original street stock, there are now 5 body styles each with it's own physics differences. They are fairly well balanced over all, one particular car will not be way better or way worse than the others. The five cars in the pack are as follows:

'79 Monument Bomber
The oldest car run in the street stock division, popular with drivers because of it's powerful engine and it's ability to take hits and keep going. The downside is it is the heaviest car in the division but that allows it to win in a door to door shoving match.

'84 ACB Dash C
A popular car with racers because it is fairly easy to maintain and parts are readily available. Middle of the road, a little less power than some of the other cars but that makes it easier to handle so it is popular with entry level drivers.

'92 Detroit Monterry
The most commonly seen car in street stock races is the Detroit Monterry. It is not uncommon to see a field that is more than half made up of these cars. They were produced in large quantities so the cars are fairly cheap to obtain and have the added bonus of being great handling.

'97 Detroit Monterry
Much the same as the '92 version, just with a little more weight and power. It's tough to spot the difference between the two cars at the track. The earlier version is the more common car, but more and more drivers are finding themselves this later version as it seems to be just a tad better.

'02 Zoomerang ZH2
This car is not one that is seen as often as other vehicles. It has the least power of any of the cars in this class, but it is also the smallest making it easier to squeeze into gaps left by other drivers.
Attachments
Local Street Stocks.zip
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
Street Stocks V2.png
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
blastawaythewall

Re: [cpk] [ovl] Local Street Stocks

Post by blastawaythewall »

Nice, the '84 car reminds me of Cole Trickle's car. What kind of tracks do these race on? Dirt ovals?
puttz

Re: [cpk] [ovl] Local Street Stocks

Post by puttz »

Either dirt or paved ovals, they work on both. They are also fun on small, tight road courses as well.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA