The car request thread

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
The Noose

Re: The car request thread

Post by The Noose »

If someone could make the 2012 DTM cars, I'd be very happy. :)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

The Noose wrote:If someone could make the 2012 DTM cars, I'd be very happy. :)
I was just about to ask for the same thing!!!

PLZ Someone make these cars
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

NotJiipee

Post by NotJiipee »

Hey,

Can someone please make a car pack with Toyota Starlet with a 2EE 1.3l Corolla engine ('86), preferably champagne brown/gold, another Toyota Starlet with a 1E (1.0l) engine from '88 (white with matte black hood), a 2005 Subaru Legacy (2.0l, grey), 2000 Subaru Impreza (dark green with matte black hood, NA Engine, 2.0l), 1983 Volvo 240 (white, 2.0l engine) and finally a VW Golf MkII GT (with 1.8l engine, grey).

I know it's a big request but those cars are very hard to find. The Starlets can use the same base model but the 1.3l one has around 90bhp while the other has 64bhp. The 1.3l weighs probably 800kg while the 1.0l one is 750kg. Subaru engines are both around 140-170bhp, the Legacy is actually a bit more powerful than the Impreza. Legacy probably weighs 1300-1400kg and Impreza should be 1240kg. Golf has 1.8l direct-injection engine which should produce 125bhp, and it weighs 960kg. The Volvo engine is probably somewhere around 120bhp and it weighs... a lot? Probably 1500kg+. I would double-check the information but sadly, the wireless hasn't been working very well here lately. As you might've guessed, these are all real cars which either belong to me (VW Golf and soon the Volvo) or my friends. We'd like to finally get a chance to race them in Generally, as we like the game.

Here's a bit of a tl;dr cheatsheet of the cars:

Toyota Starlet '88 (white w/ blk hood): 1.0l engine, 64bhp, 750kg, FWD, standard suspension
Toyota Starlet '86 (champagne brown): 1.3l engine, ~90bhp, 800kg, FWD, stiff rear suspension (probably bit better grip than the white one)
VW Golf MkII '88 (grey/brown-ish): 1.8l engine, ~125bhp, 960kg, FWD, standard suspension
Subaru Impreza '00 (green w/ blk hood): 2.0l engine, ~150bhp, 1240kg, 4WD, sport suspension (bit stiffer than normal)
Subaru Legacy '04 (grey): 2.0l engine, ~170bhp, 1400kg, 4WD, standard suspension
Volvo 240 '83 (white, blk spoiler): 2.0l engine, ~120bhp, 1500+kg, RWD, standard (quite soft) suspension. Slides a lot.

Thanks in advance. :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, requesting specific colours isn't that necessary as you can simply alter your player colour for each car. I myself have already made a Golf GTI Mk II, which is in my Old Hatch Series pack. Several people have made the Volvo 240 before, and I believe some may be in the restored cars section. The same goes for the Impreza, which I also have made in the past, albeit in a faster form. I don't know about the Legacy or Starlets, but I would expect the Legacy to have been made in some form at some point. :)

I do eventually intend to do some of the faster Starlets in my OHS pack, but can make no promises about when this might be.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta:
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

XYY wrote:Image

;)
In terms of the pictures which cars are the BMW's and which are the Mercs?
the Audis are recognizable

also was there any specific order to the slides?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

These were the cars from #1 to #11 IIRC. but shouldn't this be rather in the WIP topic as well? (a little request to the mods :D )

The BMWs have the lights a bit wrong, because I wanted to rather save 2 polies for making some details instead of making more detailed headlights which you don't see anyways. :D Same for the Mercedes. You could say that the BMW's light shape is similar to the Ford FG Falcon's light shape and the Mercedes looks somewhat similar to the lights of the 1st-gen Ford Focus (only the lights, not the grille!), to see the difference.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Could anyone try making the new Viper?
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

XYY wrote: The BMWs have the lights a bit wrong, because I wanted to rather save 2 polies for making some details instead of making more detailed headlights which you don't see anyways. :D Same for the Mercedes. You could say that the BMW's light shape is similar to the Ford FG Falcon's light shape and the Mercedes looks somewhat similar to the lights of the 1st-gen Ford Focus (only the lights, not the grille!), to see the difference.
soo the merc has a more "square" grill and BMW has the more "V" like shapes made of triangles?
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I can't PM Ms so i'll just request it here:

A more rally-type RC car.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Kenny195

Post by Kenny195 »

Can anyone make the ETCC 2012 series?(European Touring Car Cup) Thanks. :mrgreen:
CuteLego12

Post by CuteLego12 »

i would like an Toyota Celica ST185 & ST205 In normal And Rally Livery.

And also an lancia Delta Integrale in normal and rally livery.

thanks.
FEEL THE POWER OF GENERALLY

CuTeLeGo12

SegaRallyForever!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've done a Delta Integrale as part of my Old Hatch Series pack, and I think J4ber did both as part of his rally pack (at least, I think it was J4ber). If you give me your email address, I can send you the WRC pack with both the Integrale and Celica in (although the Celica isn't that livery) :)
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

· WRC extreme mod
2003 cars with 640-690bhp and much better aerodynamics

· Old NASCAR mod
When I mean old I mean the 50s more or less

· USAC championship car (now Indycar) mod
1962. It was the first season someone went around Indy at over 150mph average

· Aussie racing cars mod (including the Ford Coupe)
Just think about a V8SC getting chibi and way smaller

· New sidecar
· Sidecarcross bike
Last edited by Trigger Happy on Wed May 30, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: account Dirtmaster merged with banned original account.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

I was wondering if someone could help me out.
I've been driving with Jerrec's F1 2007 car set for quite some time now, and I really love how they drive.
BUT, i can't find any modern (F1 2011 or 2012) car set with compareble handling. I've tried copying settings from
1 set to another, but it didn't work.

What I basically want is a 2012 set, with the handleing of Jerrec's 2007 (or very close to it).
Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance for any advise!
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, since 2012 F1 cars handle very differently to 2007 F1 cars (which had traction control and didn't use slicks, if I remember correctly)... there's a reason they handle differently in GR :rofl:
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Lukeno94 wrote:Well, since 2012 F1 cars handle very differently to 2007 F1 cars (which had traction control and didn't use slicks, if I remember correctly)... there's a reason they handle differently in GR :rofl:
That much I understand, but that doesn't mean it can't be done...thing is just that i'm any but handy with making/changing carsets.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If all the performance, grip and slowdown values are same, different feeling from driving may be caused by different dimensions of the models (X, Y, Z Sizes), different gravity points or or difference Y level of models in model window maybe? :scratch: However here are better experts on car physic than me. :2c:
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

If anyone could recreate the vehicles from Halo: Reach that would be epic :)
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Kenny195

Post by Kenny195 »

If someone could make the 2012 MotoGP "cars", I'd be happy :D
ACM

Post by ACM »

Oops. Wrong board.
Last edited by ACM on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Hi everyone!
Anyone knows if there is any type of newer impreza (2001-) for rally cars?
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes. I made them as part of my Group N set, Fechna made them as part of his older WRC sets, and there may be some in Mad Dan's rally sets as well. Please check the restored cars' section as Otto Wilson has a Subaru Impreza pack there.
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Lukeno94 wrote:Yes. I made them as part of my Group N set, Fechna made them as part of his older WRC sets, and there may be some in Mad Dan's rally sets as well. Please check the restored cars' section as Otto Wilson has a Subaru Impreza pack there.
I checked Otto's Restored Cars. But the link doesnt work.
Maybe can you send me your Group N set?
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.