The car request thread

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Gzehoo

Re: The car request thread

Post by Gzehoo »

AeroWiewiur added some WRC'17 cars in his rally carpack.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
cabooseXIVgenerally

Post by cabooseXIVgenerally »

Can anyone make a car based off the 2001 Nissan GTR Concept?
Also I'm new here.
Draid

Have a car request.

Post by Draid »

Can someone make a winged sprint car? I would like a dirt version, as well as a pavement version.
"The only thing we have to fear, is fear its self." - Theodore Roosevelt
tondakolik

Post by tondakolik »

I can't search this car:
Fiat 124 Abarth Rally:
tondakolik

Post by tondakolik »

What about another small rally cars?

I would like to have:
Renault Twingo R1
Renault Twingo R1
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

You're right tondakolik, these cars are missing in GR. The next time which I will release some rally cars I'll surely include the 124 Abarth, but I'm not so sure about the R1...
NobreBJJ

Season 2018 cars

Post by NobreBJJ »

So far only the cars of the 2018 F1 season have been presented (by Lorenzo). Will anyone still present this year some car of some category here like WTCR, IndyCar, WRC, WEC and others?

PS: Sorry for my english. I do not speak very well.
Savage_Jay

Post by Savage_Jay »

Can someone make this car ?
Ford Mustang
Attachments
images.jpg
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

I would be very surprised if there isn't a Mustang like this one in GR...
tondakolik

Post by tondakolik »

Please!
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Got the others ;) , still have to work on this one :hammer:
RGT.png
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Looking good :yummy:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Those look great! good job mate
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Same as above, they look great, and the lines on sides makes an agressive and sportive look. Good rally cars, but is it possible to have their keys to test them ? :roll:
I want to make them dirty and damaged and victorious. :D

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
tondakolik

Post by tondakolik »

WOW
Nice job! I NEED IT!
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Still working to release them (mainly due to physic and high number of cars)... :hammer:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Desperate try to find it knowing that only few will ever look at this post but...
shot0000.jpg
shot0000.jpg (3.25 KiB) Viewed 10289 times
If anyone may find this little bumper car gem from Strava I think, that he surely made for his Koney Island bumper tracks, I will give him a cookie.

Most precious thing for me. :)

Or if it's a bumper car from anyone else I'll take it anyway.

Thanks in advance ! :bg:

Edit : After some research, I think this bumper car is from Spike25, according to the zip file "Every car ever made for GeneRally" by Rich Weeds Nagel. :read:

Maikibu

Post by Maikibu »

Hello everyone!

My brother suffers from extremely poor vision and he would need cars to be bigger so they're more visible. Is it possible to roughly double the size of the standard go-kart?

It would also be nice if I could make new cars myself, but I couldn't find any working tool for it online...

Thank you!
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hello Maikibu and welcome on GRIF ! :)

To answer your question, to make simple I would say yes, but I must explain more.

I don't know what kind of tracks you use, but you have to know that bigger the track, tinier your cars will be. At the contrary, smaller the track, bigger the cars. Maybe try to use Dragon's tracks or TuomoH's ones (not all but a lot of them are micro sized).

If you're interested to make a bigger car, you may use Juan's car editor tool here : http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... p?f=8&t=54

Open a car, change its values doubling the size and you're done. You may center the car after that because it may move. I think that's all but don't hesitate guys if I missed something. This solution is really if you don't have the choice though, because it's kind complicated for someone who don't have the habit.

I hope it helped. :goodvibes:

Maikibu

Post by Maikibu »

The problem is that making the track smaller significantly alters the gameplay. Driving a car with a size X on a track with size Y is not the same thing as driving a 2X car on a 2Y track. Another issue is that with most tracks you can't just decrease the size, as that messes with object sizes as well as the AI.

I tried Juan's car editor but I could not get it to work on my Windows 10. I tried doing as suggested in the readme file but it doesn't seem to help... I even tried figuring out if I could somehow manually alter the .car file by finding some "scale" value somewhere but failed :sweatdrop:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I'm agree that changing the size of a track make the objects bigger or smaller and radically changes the tracks, but what I wanted to say is not to change its size, but to download a track which is already small ; we use the [mic] tag for tracks which are less than 100 in worldsize. Those tracks are generally small enough to better see your cars.
After, if you really want to drive on a big sized track it will be difficult to make the cars look bigger, even if you change its size. The gameplay will be altered much. Lot of GR players think it's difficult too to see cars on those big tracks, but we gained the habit with time.

For Juan Car's editor, maybe using compatibility mode for XP may works. I don't know what's your problems exactly though, if you can share more informations with us it would be easier to help you. :)

Maikibu

Post by Maikibu »

Firstly, thanks again for the answer :)

Yes I could make smaller sized tracks, but they're just not much fun to play with :\

I can't really use tracks downloaded online, as my brother's visual condition is very poor, and requires no visual clutter at all on the track (he can't even race against AI opponents as they confuse the image too much). I just make my own simple tracks for him with specific colors that he's able to detect better. The track is already very simple, and making it smaller (and therefore shorter) would just make it too boring.

A bigger car would greatly improve his experience, but I just can't seem to create one... XP compatibility mode did not work. I still get the missing file MsComCtl.ocx error. I downloaded the other stuff but I can't find that file on the internet...
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Oh ok, I understand better and I'm sorry for your brother, it must be hard for him in his daily life. :worried: I'll try my best to help you and for him. :bg:

In fact I had the same problem as you and I'm on Windows 8.1. You have to download this missing file and follow the procedure explained on this page : https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-ms ... t-windows/

If you have any problem, post a message again, I'll make my best to help you. And same if you have problems with the car editor. :)
Last edited by Kikwik on Sun May 24, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maikibu

Post by Maikibu »

Ah thanks! I had tried that guide before but probably didn't follow it carefully enough ^_^

It works now, I'll try to get something done by myself, thanks :)
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

General question, i have trouble finding a working car editor. I found back the old one by Juan, but it somehow doesn't work. They way it worked might have been on my previous system, currently i run Windows 10. Is there a way to get it to work? Or a version that will work on it? I have a talent in missing the obvious options, so feel free to point me in the right direction...
To finish first, first you have to finish!