[gtc] Porsche 911 (997) by Lukeno1

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[gtc] Porsche 911 (997) by Lukeno1

Post by Lukeno94 »

Finally here, a car that needs no introduction, with a fictional semi-racing version available as well.
Attachments
Porsche 911 (997).rar
(945 Bytes) Downloaded 269 times
997.png
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Porsche 911 (997) by Lukeno1

Post by Bouncebackability »

luke, you really should use in game shot of the car, they look so much better :2c:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Any comments on the actual car?
Attachments
997pic2.png
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

No more comments whilst I had downtime? :(
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I always had a problem with single cars, and prefer carpacks.
I think most of the members think the same. (?)

Most of the time, after downloading a single car, I'll try it for a few rounds, and then remove it from the cars-folder.
Even if the physics are good, I won't use that one to race against other member's cars, simply because they behave totally different (Speed, behaviour on tarmac, grass, looks...etc.).

Second, tracks become way more attention than cars, guess it's mainly because of the visual aspect.
On screenshots, a (good) track always looks nicer than a car, especially when it's made with 40 polygons max. ;)

On the other hand, a racing game would be NOTHING without cars, but lke I said, I prefer carpacks because I like to drive against the AI, this makes a carpack (including different liveries) more interesting than a single car.
Although your car certainly looks nice, Porsches have been made before by others, maybe that's why there weren't many comments.

This is my personal opinion, and I hope this won't stop you from carmaking! ;)
Mariusz
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Mariusz »

yep, car packs are better for sure... i should've thought about that a long time ago :scratch: but than again it's a lot harder to find a set of cars that would be fun to race - apart from making car packs from real racing events. it's easier to find an interesting car and make it good. with a car pack all cars have to feel like they have something in common. it's usually easy thing to do but sometimes can be very hard.

as for the porsche - it has been made several times but this one is a nice fresh view on the 911. i like it. i also think that most 911's made have their 'buts' to short - including this one. or is it just me?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I would agree with you there to be honest - if I had another 4 or 6 polies/vertexes, the rear would look totally different. It's just not possible in my view to get a decent front with a proper rear on a 911, and as most people sacrifice the rear of cars anyway (myself included)...

BTW, thanks for the comment, car master's views are always particularly useful. :)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Your first really good looking car IMO :bg: Resembling :nod:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The Great Falcon wrote:Your first really good looking car IMO :bg: Resembling :nod:
I like some of his formulas more ;)