[gtc] Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

[gtc] Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R

Post by Haruna »

The start of a new year marks two years since Project GTF development started.

To kick off the new year, an old classic has been revived. Meet the Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R, known by old-school JDM fans as the legendary "Hakosuka". It's taken over 40 victories in it's years of motorsport. This is the car that started the legend of Nissan's red emblem.

It's been so long since this car first made it's debut on the racing scene. Although the driving has maintained it's timeless charm of on-the-edge drifting, charm is not enough to compensate for this car's lacking performance against even modern-day econoboxes. Yes, your mom's scrappy Toyota Sienna could probably beat this thing. No, that car doesn't have as much charm as the "Hakosuka". Anyway, the two litre inline-6 has a modest output of 177 nm of torque, and is 300 kgs heavier than the Lotus Cortina (1100 kgs), so you will need to use momentum to keep up with the competition. If you can use that to your advantage, the guy in his ricer Civic/Astra/Whatever will be dazed and suspended in amazement.

Its Club Racing varient, however, is a b*****d. Thanks to special regulations which allow certain cartypes extensive modification to meet the minimal Performance Index for it's car class, the Club Racing Hakosuka sports extensive internal modifications. The modified engine, with higher compression pistons, a raised redline, and the works, outputs an astounding 287 nm of torque. It also uses vintage racing tyres which allow it to not only hold the road but also allow it's drivers to express their driving style. It also sports fender flares, wider wheels and tyres, a frontal splitter, and a modestly sized rear spoiler modified from the road-going model to improve aerodynamics slightly. That's one quick box.

Standard car:
Performance Index = D-323
177 nM of torque from a 2000 ccm inline-six (Atmospheric).
Weight: 1100 kilograms.
Drivetrain: Front engine, Rear wheel drive.

Club Racing car:
Performance Index = C-504
287 nM of torque from a 2000 ccm inline-six (Atmospheric - modified engine)
Weight: 950 kilograms.
Drivetrain: Front engine, Rear wheel drive.
Group Classification: Historic GT Group 3.
Attachments
fmgr-hakogtr.zip
Download!
(1.72 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Club Racing Varient
Club Racing Varient
fmgr-hakohg3.PNG (2.74 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
Standard Car
Standard Car
fmgr-hakogtr.PNG (2.51 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R

Post by Herbal »

What I can say from your car is that it brings the usual Haruna-quality: nice models, precise physics, the usual understeer problem (which isn't a problem, just I have to get used to that ;)). Nonetheless, you've made again a nice car, but I think it wouldn't be bad, if you would publish little packs instead of posting cars one by one. :P
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Great, big difference between both two cars, the club version looks really spectacular, the car loves mix of long curves and loops, rear is not very calm. :clap: The civic version needs much more precise driver in finding ideal line and careful acceleration, it takes ages before it really go fast and then is so easy to lost concentration on break point for next curve, when driver is on high on speed. :hippy:

As obviously I'm part of minority, great job! :hammer:
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

The physics are well made, but I didn't liked their style (maybe something more to arcade style, but not fully arcadeish).

The model I liked too, but my favorite Skyline (and one of my favorite cars) still being the R32.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Rod, you should know better than to bump a 4-week-old thread by now... ;)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Lukeno1 wrote:Rod, you should know better than to bump a 4-week-old thread by now... ;)
The rule is a month. That wasn't.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

No, it isn't that long. 2 weeks.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

I read quite quick but where is it written??? http://gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

This is my subforum. 2 weeks. End of discussion.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Lukeno1 wrote:This is my subforum. 2 weeks. End of discussion.
I just wanna remind you that if you want people to follow a rule, this rule must be written somewhere. Nothing is specified in the forum's rule neither in a sticky in car section. Another point: :rsc: 's policy was 1 month, I remember very well since I did reminded it to some people... Anyways...

And, BTW, this ain't YOUR car section, it's supposed to beOURS, which mean you don't have the right of life or dead on things, IMHO...
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

The Great Falcon wrote:
Lukeno1 wrote:This is my subforum. 2 weeks. End of discussion.
And, BTW, this ain't YOUR car section, it's supposed to be OURS, which mean you don't have the right of life or dead on things, IMHO...
This time I have to agree with TGF, you just HELP to keep order, main decisions will be taken by the admins. Please respect that, Luke. ;)

BTW 4 week rule should apply, and actually bumps shouldn't matter much in this sections as there's less activity...
Paw

Post by Paw »

DXTR wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:
Lukeno1 wrote:BTW 4 week rule should apply, and actually bumps shouldn't matter much in this sections as there's less activity...
Yeah, just wanted to write it. We shouldn't reduce 'traffic' here, as this is still small forum, so there's no need to decrease the limit to 2 weeks.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Luke did well by the note about bump, because that's 1 month old, but his way is absolutely unacceptable. :doh: And the sentence with 2 weeks? :down: :down: :down: Long time used customs are respected, even if they are not in rules, where are only basic principles, so 4 weeks until is stated contrary. If you not like it, discuss it with other mods and members. ;) Your job is to keep order here and make this place comfortable and nice for all, but it's not at all a your thing, man.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I was out of line, I'll admit it, I was annoyed at the time, still am but for a totally different reason. But regardless of if its 2 weeks or 4 weeks, it's still too late to reply.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Actually not since Rod posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 at 1:09 pm which is 27 days and about 23 hours from Ivo's last post... According that a week is meant to be counted as 7 days, so 7 * 4 == 28, Rod was actually at an hour near to make a bump but he didn't :flip: Anyways... Off topic :mrgreen: :D
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'm not the car section admin but I'd like you to stop this discussion because that's the only topic with a new message...
so it's very annoying for me
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

As you wish. Thread closed.