Tools & Utilities Request Thread

Useful programs to help you create stuff for GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Tools & Utilities Request Thread

Post by Lukeno94 »

It will be those brackets, cos I have no issue with folder names and such. TrackTool only breaks when it is used with my main GR folder, which contains some corrupted tracks anyway.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Can someone upload a pallette that we can use with the Lmap in Paint?

I had 2 of them in my old PC, but I lost them.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

You can visit my website and browse the other stuff section, it's there somewhere. :geek:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:
Tonga wrote:@ BrianH:

On Win7 x64, TrackTool 1.02 starts absolutely well. However it doesn't show any track data - probably because the last supported GeneRally version was 1.05. I used to use TrackTool for optimizing AI lines and I miss it quite much to be honest. Was great fun to analyse the tracks back then...
My programming skills are pretty much... none... however I am wondering if there's any way to update TrackTool to support the newer versions up to 1.10b... Image
I was quite astonished when I figured out that TrackTool still (in GR 1.10b) works almost perfectly.

All you have to do is copying all your tracks from your subfolders [Default Tracks] etc. into the main track folder.
Checked it with Estio by Tuomoh and Khole by HJ on Win XP 32 Bit. But that shouldn't make any difference...

I suspect it's all about those brackets in the names of your subfolders. I will check later.

Hey Rudy,

only now do I see your post, sorry for not reacting sooner!
Indeed, it works, just tested it with some new Tracks by David (Black Rebel) in a folder without brackets and again with the same tracks in a folder with brackets in its name. Result is in fact that it works without brackets but not with them. I tested this with Tracks from GR 1.10c on Win7 64 bit.
So, to confirm this - you can leave the tracks in subfolders but the subfolders themselves have to have names without special characters like "[FolderName]" etc.
Thanks a lot for pointing us in this direction, I'll rename the folders (have one each for every country for the rwl tracks) immediately! Top! :up:
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

egamad wrote:You can visit my website and browse the other stuff section, it's there somewhere. :geek:
Thank you very much. :bg:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
darkhog

Post by darkhog »

Disregard, wrote stupid thing.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

what about GR Track Viewer for GR 1.10(c)?
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think this is for requesting old tools that have been "lost" (not really actually, because someone will have them) and not for new tools that would have to be made first. :shhh:
JohnnyFiama

Post by JohnnyFiama »

Hi everyone, first post here.... been playing GR for a long time but only just got back into it. I've searched but can't find a "car selecter" type tool. What I'm looking for is some way to enable or disable cars and carsets without having to manually add or remove the .car files. I installed F1 cars from 1967, 1982 and 2011 plus some others and in the game my list of cars is now massive. I'd like to be able to pick the cars I want to use before launching GR, is this possible? Many thanks.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Here you can find Ian H.'s Car Manager, although I'm not exactly sure about what you can do with it. However, just try it. I think it fits what you search for.

Edit: I just saw that we have a thread here as well, so next time :search:
JohnnyFiama

Post by JohnnyFiama »

Thanks for the quick reply and the link! I had a quick look at that but I couldn't work it out (or it just doesn't do what I want it to do). During my lunchtime at work I put together a tool that does what I need. You drop all the car files in to the cars directory and then it lists them and you can just tick whichever ones you want to be enabled when you start the game.

Not very pretty but it works and I only had 30 minutes! If I get some time tomorrow I'll add features to select drivers and sounds to go with the cars chosen.
Attachments
GRLauncher.jpg
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Johnny, that looks a neat program. I hope you'll finish it and share it with the rest of us. :cool2:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Yes, I hope it will have a scroll bar and such otherwise it would be problematic! Maybe adding a search function as well, so you don't have to trawl through large lists? :)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Just wondering :D. I've just found very old czech GR website and there was this utility, GR calculator. Have you ever heard about it? :)

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I just thought, may it be the same as this?
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

well it seems the same, thanks :). I just never heard of it/didn't remember it :D.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

doublepost :D.

I'd like to request making a new savegame merger that would work with GR 1.10c and TT style saves. The old one can't merge replays I need in WRC 2012 :).
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'd like to request a car editor that works properly with modern Windows and is less buggy :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

:iagree:
I'd like to try a hand at car editing, but the tool dies not work properly on my Windows 7 computer :weep:

Also, @Johnny, how soon do you think you will release that tool? I want it!
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

He hasn't been back since January, so I doubt he will.
albertforns

any career/ season manager etc?

Post by albertforns »

Hi I amb wondering if there's a tool that provide you to follow the championsip points, make statistics etc...

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: any career/ season manager etc?

Post by Trigger Happy »

Right click on driver name in game menu? ;-)

Or are you searching for something more specific? :-)
albertforns

Re: any career/ season manager etc?

Post by albertforns »

I think about: during the championsip, seeing for example a graphic with points evolution, or information of the wins etc... All, during the championsip. just to have more statistics information. It would be great too, to know the statistics in the driver page but cronologically.

and so on...
puttz

Post by puttz »

Here's another request: updated save reader that will work with 1.2. It should also include a way to run compos with the new timed race feature, as I think that would make a rather neat way to do an endurance series. And how about a full featured compo manager, where it can verify the files, create the finishing order and allow you to manually add penalties, as well as keeping points and stuff. I think this would be a really awesome tool, and would simplify the lives of compo organizers, IMHO. I would try to make something myself, but alas I cannot program at all :sorry:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

There will be any update for the Hmap editor for 1.2b?