Tools & Utilities Request Thread

Useful programs to help you create stuff for GeneRally.
mlynki
GeneRally Wizard

Re: Tools & Utilities Request Thread

Post by mlynki »

felipebart wrote:There will be any update for the Hmap editor for 1.2b?
Yes, I have already done the required programming, but I want to add some more features as well, so overall it's still a work in progress.
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

mlynki wrote:
Yes, I have already done the required programming, but I want to add some more features as well, so overall it's still a work in progress.

It's really good to read that!!! Thanks mlynki. I think this tool is one of the most external editor used by the GR trackmakers...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Great news, mlynki! :happythanks:
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

mlynki wrote:
It would be cool if we can use this program for put down the objects. The work on new tracks would be much faster I think! :)
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
puttz

Post by puttz »

We need a savegame merger that works for TT races as well. It's annoying to not be able to use that resource in TT rounds.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Actually Juan's savegame reader already makes it possible. ;)
puttz

Post by puttz »

Ah, didn't realize that, but the issue is that said tool doesn't work on my system :weep: We need a Windows 7 update.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Savegame Reader works perfectly well under Vista, I'm surprised you have any issues with Win7.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Actually, after playing around, I figured out that if I run it in XP compatibility mode as an administrator, it works :bsmile:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

I'd love a tool to scroll 1.2c tracks :bowdown:
Like Track Transformer by LWing
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Scrolling is possible in GR Hmap Editor by Mlynki (unfortunately not mirroring and other Track Transformer features).
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

If you don't have too many "new" objects (since v1.05), there's another solution.
I once asked majortom about two tools, once an up-to-date Track transformer and once a 1.2 to 1.1 to 1.05 converter. He already sent the latter to me. The tool can transform the tracks to old versions and you set by yourself how the objects are replaced (e.g. where there are armco walls in the 1.2 track should be fences in the 1.05 track). After choosing some object types which you maybe don't need in the track, you normally transform it with the good old LWing's tool. Then you go to GRHME, make only the object you replaced visible (e.g. fences) and select all those fences which were originally armco barriers. Now you click on replace ;)

Maybe majortom will also post this tool here :)
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Thanks guys! I'll try it with GR Hmap Editor. :bg:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

XYY wrote:Maybe majortom will also post this tool here :)
XYY, you can do same also via the Mlynki's hmap editor, it's same uncomfortable process like the one you're describing with the unreleased majortom's tool.

1st step: in Objects menu select an object common to older game versions (e.g. leaf a tree).
2nd step: Select all 1.10+ objects and in menu select replace (by the tree or various types according object as you wish)
3rd step: save copy the .trk in editor, also switch bellow file name from 1.20 trk (set as default) to a lower (trk 1.05)

Now you can edit it track transformer as you wish (mirror, zoom) and then the edited version transform back in Mlynki's editor into trk 1.20 and switch object back as they were.

Some time ago I asked Mlynki, if is possible to all the features of transformer (not only ''scrolling'', he told that possibly yes, however couldn't promise it very soon of course. So let's keep fingers crossed for him (and also majortom, if works on an anything), it would save us lot of time and help us to avoid risks of messing something up while doing this switches. :coffee:
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Since this is a sticky topic, I'd like to ask if there is some tool that switch manually controlled driver into AI driver and the opposite(AI to manual)?
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

If we had it, anybody should drive a login attempt as a AI200, and before finishline, he switch back to Human player and nobody can know this :(
Palletes are same case
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Is there a tool that allows you to move a track?
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Track Transformer by LWing (only up to 1.10c trks) and GRHmap Editor by mlynki (but not by so smooth small steps).
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Is there a tool allowing to import model from some 3D model file format to GeneRally car? I think I have seen something like this, but not sure where...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Car editor, file, import, model (.obj or .dfx file supported). ;)
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

I'd be great to have some new tools for GR at our disposal. Like for an example a AI calculator - like the Physics Calculator of Haruna we can create an AI drivers with AI close to RL data.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
puttz

Post by puttz »

What I'd like is an AI swapper/manager, like the carset manager that currently exists, except for AI. Then I wouldn't have to manually drag AI around :D As for the AI calculator, I'm not sure how that would work or how it would be useful. When I create AI sets based on real world series, I usually base it off of points standings with the champion as a base of 100, and then other drivers set relative to that.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
todd92371

AI management tool?

Post by todd92371 »

It becomes a bit cumbersome having to adjust the AI for each track and have to redo it each time again for the next track.
Does anyone know of a utility that would adjust the AI skill according to how fast you are running the laps? Or, a way to save the AI skills for each individual track and carset you use?
Thanks,
Tod
puttz

Post by puttz »

Unfortunately, that doesn't exist. The only way to do it would be to adjust the AIs by hand between races, or have copies of the same AI name with different AI levels stored in different folders, and copy the one you want into the AI folder.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bif44

Post by Bif44 »

Anyone have a tool to change the background of the GR home screen?