Tools and utilities by Rich Nagel

Useful programs to help you create stuff for GeneRally.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Tools and utilities by Rich Nagel

Post by Trigger Happy »

This topic includes several more or less valuable (but always great) tools and utilities by Rich Nagel for GeneRally. They should not be ignored, forgotten or even lost, so here you have, guys. :bg:

Thank you, Rich, for all of this effort. :bowdown:

GeneRally Track Editor TrackToy Patch
The GeneRally Track Editor TrackToy Patch is an unofficial modification patch for the final release of the track editor that ships with GeneRally v1.05.
"TrackToy" was an MS-DOS command line utility that allowed you to adjust the "World Size", "View Angle", and "Zoom" parameters of any v1.05 created track well beyond the minimum and maximum limits of the stock GeneRally track editor. Imagine... a tiny world size of "5" to really show off the detail of that new car that you have designed, or a gigantic world size of "255" for those extremely large road courses -:)
New in this version 1.3 of the GeneRally Track Editor TrackToy Patch is better compatability with Windows XP, as the patch is a native 32-bit Windows application.

Rich Nagel
More in readme inside of the zip file together with patch itself:
Track Toy Patch by Rich Nagel.zip
(41.3 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
GeneRally Driver Color Randomizer
GeneRally Driver Color Randomizer is a utility that will generate and randomize the colors of any GeneRally driver file. The utility can generate the random colors using five different methods, "All Random Colors", "Brighter Random Colors", "Darker Random Colors", "Brighter Primary and Darker Secondary Random Colors", or "Brighter Secondary and Darker Primary Random Colors".

Rich Nagel
More (including how to use it) is in readme inside of the zip file: GeneRally Height Map Viewer
GeneRally Height Map Viewer is a Java applet that displays GeneRally track height maps in a moving 3D world enviroment in your web browser.
To use the GeneRally Height Map Viewer, you must first convert the GeneRally track height map that you wish to view to a 256x256 8-bit grayscale GIF format image. Note that the height maps that are exported from GeneRally's track editor are 64x64 BMP format images, and they must first be resampled or resized to 256x256 pixels, and then converted to GIF format using an image editing utility (such as Jasc's "Paint Shop Pro") in order for them to work correctly with the viewer.

After converting your height map to GIF format and resampling or resizing the image, you must then save it to the filename "GeneRally_Height_Map.gif" within the same directory where you originally unzipped the GRHMVIEW.ZIP archive. Then load the file "GeneRally_Height_Map.htm" into your web browser of choice, and watch your track's height map come to life.

After the page loads, left-click your mouse in the center of the moving applet to calibrate mouse control, and then move your mouse around the inside of the moving applet to move around the 3D world.

The moving applet initally loads at the upper-left hand corner of your track's height map. Reload the page to reset the starting location to the upper-left hand corner of your track's height map.

Rich Nagel
Tool and other details inside of the zip file:
GeneRally Height Map Viewer by Rich Nagel.zip
(79.32 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
GeneRally Track Pieces Pack
The files in this archive is a collection of track piece images in NeoPaint "STW" stamp format, as well as standard Windows "BMP" format. The stamps and images can be used to easily create new GeneRally track layouts simply by
copying and pasting using any image editing program, or using the "Stamp Pad Tool" in NeoPaint. All of the track piece images have been cropped to 48x48 pixels, and have GeneRally's 16 color "land map" palette applied to them.
The track piece images and stamps are organized by type in the various subdirectories contained inside of the ZIP archive (i.e. "Bumps", "Diagonal", "Extras", "Intersection", "Larger Corners", "Normal", "Open 1", "Open 2", "Pit Lane", etc...).

Rich Nagel
Detail manual, how to use these files in (NeoPaint or by another way) are included inside the readme in the zip:
GeneRally Track Pieces Pack v3.0 by Rich Nagel.zip
(241.44 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
GeneRally Jigsaw Puzzle Pack
A GeneRally Jigsaw Puzzle Pack a jigsaw puzzle game created from screenshots of the main menu and the stock tracks that ship with Hannu and Jukka Räbinä's EXCELLENT freeware racing game "GeneRally". Yes, even professional GeneRally race car drivers need a break from racing every now and then <G>!
To play the GeneRally Jigsaw Puzzle Pack, double-click on the "Jigs@w Puzzle" icon on your desktop or in your Start Menu. The game will run on any PC under Windows 9.x or higher.
Left-click and use your mouse to move the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle around, and right-click to rotate a piece. Detailed help is available within the game by clicking on the "Help" button.

Rich Nagel
The puzzle follows in this zip:
GeneRally Puzzle by Rich Nagel.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 428 times
GeneRally Practice Tree
check in post bellow

Note: If you're author of content restored in this topic and want to manage these files on your own (e.g. for updating attached files to their latest version), feel free to ask forum administrators to replace poster of the topic by your forum profile, which will allow you to edit the reply according your needs and wishes.
Sutinen

Re: Track Toy Patch by Rich Nagel

Post by Sutinen »

I find it very useful for destroying large cars :misch:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
A1 Aaron

Post by A1 Aaron »

ahh thats handy, thanks
No nominations for a whole year, then 2 come along at once!! Thanks guys :)
Facebook me: http://www.facebook.com/A1Aaron
GeneRally CoM: now ONLINE!!! http://com.gene-rally.com/
Motormann

Post by Motormann »

I discovered a trick with the Track editor that I don't know if everyone knows about, and this discovery came about after installing this patch (good utility by the way :bg:). When you try adjusting world size, view angle etc. you can't get fine control over the number you want by dragging the slider, the number jumps by 3 or 4 points sometimes. Before the patch, I only had problems with some of the sliders, World size I could adjust okay, but angle was a problem. After the range increase from the patch, even world size was "jumpy".

Anyway, the trick I discovered is to use the scroll wheel on your mouse, after you drag the slider you want to adjust first. That moves the slider in increments of one. Hopefully that will save some people unnecessary frustration.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Motormann wrote:Anyway, the trick I discovered is to use the scroll wheel on your mouse, after you drag the slider you want to adjust first. That moves the slider in increments of one. Hopefully that will save some people unnecessary frustration.
Or use arrow keys ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Tools and utilities by Rich Nagel

Post by Trigger Happy »

1st post and name of topic updated. :)
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Tried to install the GeneRally Jigsaw Puzzle, didn't work.
It tries to install to a certain location, there's no option to change that. :(
Is someone else having the same difficulties?
Attachments
Puzzle-00101.jpg
Puzzle-00101.jpg (15.88 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I noticed too, that I cannot change the path, but for me works (Vista Home Premium SP2). Have you a special settings of C:\?
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

sorry about bump, but how can i uninstall TEPATH?
my GR crashes now!
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

reinstall gr, but first save your tracks and cars. :bg:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Thunderstrucker

nah, i just re-installed the track editor, who came a copy in the vuvuzela championship :P

Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I was going to edit my post, I was too lazy. :D
I installed it by moving the trackeditor to program files or some other folder, then just installed the patch at that folder and moved the trackeditor to generally folder. ;)
...... ಠ_ಠ
Thunderstrucker

i did that, and now it works! :D

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

GeneRally Practice Tree
The GeneRally Practice Tree is a simple utility that will test your reaction time, similar to starting a race in GeneRally.

After pressing the spacebar key on your keyboard, three lights will flash in sequence along with the familiar "ding" sound that is heard when starting a race in GeneRally. After the starting sequence is complete, and then pressing the up arrow key on your keyboard, the utility will then measure and display the amount of time (in milliseconds) that it took you to press the up arrow key upon completion of the starting sequence.

The utility also keeps track of your best reaction times using a simple scoreboard... ideal for perfecting your race-start skills -:)

Rich Nagel
Thanks to egamad, here is the zip with tool and its readme:
GeneRally Practice Tree by Rich Nagel.zip
(875.08 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Note: If you're author of content restored in this topic and want to manage these files on your own (e.g. for updating attached files to their latest version), feel free to ask forum administrators to replace poster of the reply by your forum profile, which will allow you to edit the topic according your needs and wishes.