Car randomizer!?

Useful programs to help you create stuff for GeneRally.
MrBluePapaSmurf

Car randomizer!?

Post by MrBluePapaSmurf »

Hey,
Had an idea, Is there a program that would give all the players and AI's random cars(that would be kinda in the same leaguage)?
puttz

Re: Car randomizer!?

Post by puttz »

I don't think this is really possible, as it would only be able to tell you what cars to put, and you'd have to select the cars manually. Also, you'd likely have to program in each car's physics or create your own car groups in the progam. That would be doable, but I just don't see much of an appeal for this tool. Just randomly choose the cars yourself. Or roll dice. Or something.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

No, this is very possible. One way of doing it would to do it GTGR2-style; have a basic database of individual cars, assign each an ID, and randomly generate 1-6 IDs, before copying the relevant cars across into the folder. :)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

You could do that with a pen and some pieces of paper luke :lol:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Of course you could, it wouldn't be a hard program to write if anyone was interested. :rofl:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Or just write name of all cars and add numbers to every car and then use this: http://www.random.org/
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)