Gimpoland tutorial by DrAanik (Bugattino)

Improve your skills by learning the tricks of experienced members!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Gimpoland tutorial by DrAanik (Bugattino)

Post by Trigger Happy »

Gimpoland tutorial is complete tutorial created by DrAanik (at RSC registered as Bugattino), who describes, how to create complex and realistic landscapes (both lmap and hmap) with help of GIMP. The tutorial is followed by one his track created by this technique as wonderful illustration of mighty power of the GIMP options (and similar tools like Photoshop) and of clever human mind. This theme was covered once in past before him by tutorial of Strava, which strongly inspirited DrAanik himself, but this earlier tutorial is not discovered yet.

And a warning for everybody before opening the zip. This is not only tutorial. It's a time machine. :!:
Gimpoland tutorial by DrAanik (Bugattino).zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 478 times
Note: If you're author of content restored in this topic and want to manage these files on your own (e.g. for updating attached files to their latest version), feel free to ask forum administrators to replace poster of the topic by your forum profile, which will allow you to edit the topic according your needs and wishes.
resir014

Re: Gimpoland tutorial by DrAanik (Bugattino)

Post by resir014 »

Thanks. A nice history lesson too. :D

One small problem though. When I tried to import hmap into the trackeditor, it says "This is not a 256-color bitmap".

EDIT: All working now. I forgot to add the greyscale effect. Sorry :P

Now the only problem is what would I do if all of the tracks are to be created in a desert? :?
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."