"Dear diary"

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
RobertRacer

Re: "Dear diary"

Post by RobertRacer »

With 37. :o

I'll get my driver's license in latest 2-3 years. :shhh:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
marass

Post by marass »

Well, that's unexpected :O
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Herbal wrote:Dear diary...

just had my final exam today, and received 5 (the best note) for both defense and oral. I could just jump out of my skin! :mrgreen:
Congratulations! :bg:
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Dear Diary,
Quite intensive vacation I can say.
In June I bought my new phone (from second-hand) - HTC Desire 610. And in that day I broke it. Okay. Then my Internet agreement has gone. And because old Internet was bad, I've got new from the same operator (big mistake), and I didn't have Internet connection (even trough the phone - I broke it!), cause old wasn't off and new wasn't on.
Meanwhile I was going to driving school. Meanwhile I was going to work (when I had time) with my bro as builder assistant (or something similar - FRUKIS, you know what's going on ;) ). Meanwhile I've finished lessons in driving school so now the last thing are exams.
And we finally reach this moment. The phone is repaired (by some mate - he did it well and cheap, but I was looking for someone who would repair it very long time), Internet is bad and we sent the complaint (but every day I think it's more and more impossible to make it positive). I have pause at work so finally I have holidays ;)
So, almost everyting has finished quite well. Also, again I started to creating music. Some ideas came into my brain and now it looks quite promising. Maybe in the future... ;)
What will be now? Driving exams, free time to spend on.. I have no idea, and that's it!
Cheers!
PS: No, I won't come back to GR ;)
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear diary...

For those, who haven't seen these news yet on my social pages, i've managed to pass theory test as well as driving test, so i am officially a Driver with a Driving License now :cool2:

OFF-TOPIC:
When i'm speaking about social pages, how about a threat, where we can share our FB, twitter, skype, etc. things and we can add each other, so we stay connected even one of us leaves this forum? :greybeard: :prisoner: :shrug:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I have to pass practice part.. Next Thursday will be third time.. Firstly I was driving quite well, but examiner thought I can hit a mirror and... Second time was today, but I had much stress and I was driving bad.
Third time will be better. And hope last ;)
Theory was passed by me at first time :D
ALL TRACKS
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Dear diary,

last time I wrote here I was in the army. However, after having spent a month there I came to realize that the army isn't my thing, and instead I decided to fulfill my duties in the form of civil service, and served my country by working at the local cemetery for 9 months. Good stuff.

As was mentioned while I posted Wet Wop, I spent the last four weeks in Italy, with Darjo. For those who don't know, our acquaintance has reached beyond GR and we've become very close friends. This was the seventh time we met.

Tomorrow is another exciting day, since I'm going to start studying in the university of Jyväskylä. I will be majoring in sociology. :cool2:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

AleksiNir wrote:Tomorrow is another exciting day, since I'm going to start studying in the university of Jyväskylä. I will be majoring in sociology. :cool2:
Hehe, I was at a seminar in Jyväskylä yesterday and it was fun seeing those scared freshmen. :D
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

So I guess my month of Student Study Service is over already. I've spent the whole August with yours truly and friends contributing to the society: teaching, adding facilities and repairing / renovating the existing ones, you name it. Though, we also had a good fun there, and I thought that me and the other 16 were like a family.

And now I'm finally back to my normal habits, and now the college life has started already...

YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Yes! Driving license is mine! :D
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

YoNnie wrote:Yes! Driving license is mine! :D
Welcome to the club! Now start looking for your own car. Its really awesome, if you have your own car. :up:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

YoNnie wrote:Yes! Driving license is mine! :D
Congrats! :up:

RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

RobertRacer wrote:Now both Coronels (Tim and Tom) are following me and also the 2014 Junior WRC champion (Stéphane Lefebvre) follows me. :shhh:
How I do this? Is it because of my description?

Since today, no smaller then actual WTCC Champion Jose Maria Lopez follows me.
uwutm8.png

HOW?!?!?! :eyes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

@Robert
I like Your top photo.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Unfortunately I've lost my modem yesterday. I intended to bring them to my trusted computer shop after I finish attending a Japaness culture festival somewhere in East Jakarta. Quite a ride there, and I was misguided by the GPS; forgot to turn off the Toll option, can't be bothered being fined for crossing the tollways by mistaks again...

That afternoon after attending that festival was when I realize I lost my modem. I cannot believe that it would be falling somewhere out of my pocket. What's more. it still has a one-month subscription active with quite a lot of quota left.

Well, I guess I have to buy another modem and another card then. Should've brought my fanny pack there :(

The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Dear diary,

let's just say that my life did not improve one bit, in my point of view. My mom left the hospital in August. In October, after 11 months as a trainee, the human resources from the school I used to work said that wasn't any spots to put me in, since trainee is a temporary job, and after weeks, my money is history. At the same time, I have to deal with my relatives (my mom has 4 brothers, a sister and plenty of nephews) neglecting to take care of my mom. Not really neglecting, but they take care of her because they have to. It's obvious to me that they hate to take care of her (except one brother and one nephew of her), which is weird for so many reasons. At the same time, as well, my relationship with my dad becomes even more strained, because we have the same kind of short fuse in our tempers, and when two temperamental people argue (which is often), s*** happens. You also can count the fact that I'm becoming even more depressed. But to say I'm close to reach depression, I wouldn't say so, because I still have some "relief valves" (videogaming, writing texts and eating sweets (diabetes, we comin' for you (no n-word)) that make my days less awful.

Looks like I wrote quite a lot. Didn't want to. But what can I do? Anyway, I'm still waiting for "sunny and bright days". I won't give up, because I don't want to. But it kinda boggles my mind how much s*** I'm getting so far to deal with.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

So recently Google Maps released indoor maps for Indonesian Android devices. Knowing that the indoor maps include several familiar shopping malls, I can't help but screenshot them like crazy, in case if I were to make GR tracks out of them once again just like what I did years back.

Nice one, Google :bg:

zgr

Post by zgr »

The Grimeloid wrote:Dear diary,

let's just say that my life did not improve one bit, in my point of view. My mom left the hospital in August. In October, after 11 months as a trainee, the human resources from the school I used to work said that wasn't any spots to put me in, since trainee is a temporary job, and after weeks, my money is history. At the same time, I have to deal with my relatives (my mom has 4 brothers, a sister and plenty of nephews) neglecting to take care of my mom. Not really neglecting, but they take care of her because they have to. It's obvious to me that they hate to take care of her (except one brother and one nephew of her), which is weird for so many reasons. At the same time, as well, my relationship with my dad becomes even more strained, because we have the same kind of short fuse in our tempers, and when two temperamental people argue (which is often), s*** happens. You also can count the fact that I'm becoming even more depressed. But to say I'm close to reach depression, I wouldn't say so, because I still have some "relief valves" (videogaming, writing texts and eating sweets (diabetes, we comin' for you (no n-word)) that make my days less awful.

Looks like I wrote quite a lot. Didn't want to. But what can I do? Anyway, I'm still waiting for "sunny and bright days". I won't give up, because I don't want to. But it kinda boggles my mind how much s*** I'm getting so far to deal with.
I won't give up, because I don't want to.
Just read it now, but you said it, NEVER GIVE UP! It will become better, trust me :)
Hello.
K5054

Post by K5054 »

Well, I was few weeks ago on a karting track. That was awesome! Unfortunately, on Wednesday my netbook fell from desk while I was packing it into my backpack after a lesson :weep: (I use it to take notes). That's why I couldn't take part in GTT German GP, but finally, it is repaired :heyea:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Dear diary,

WOW, time goes by really quick

Well, my life didn't actually make a turnaround for the better, like I expect, but a lot of things happened, and while not all of them are good, these made me have more of a positive light about some stuff.

- I once said that my mom would never recover. I wouldn't go that far anymore. It turned out that her previous doctor was quite stupid and suggesting the wrong medicines. One of those that she was taking is for Alzheimer's disease. When her current doctor told me that, I just could not believe it. How can anyone study to be a doctor and stay stupid? That boggles my mind.

- After a stupid argument and a misunderstanding, my father flat out left me. Because of something that I said, he was way too imbecile and didn't even ask what I meant. The bad thing is that he was helping me with money. Despite all of that, maybe it was for the better. Good riddance for you, a*sclown!

- I had an interview for a job opportunity in the same place I worked before. Waiting for the response. Sometimes I'm a bit skeptical, but I can only hope for the best.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

So, today's my birthday. Going 23, I feel like things shall get more "exciting" from here. My final paper work has commenced after successfully founded my two supervisors to work with after having to stuck in planning which topic I had to go with. Previously it was something along the lines of LPG distribution, but I threw that one off the bus and go with developing a controller for The Open Racing Car Simulator (TORCS). A perfect framework for me, more than just a racing game. :bg:

After this life will come at me fast, gunning for that graduation, getting a job, and earning the paychecks while jostling with all the things happening in this world. I know I filled myself with negativity the moment I tried my best to write my initial final paper project, but I wanted to be more positive person now. I have to keep fighting against all the odds.

resir014

Post by resir014 »

I hope people haven't been wondering about my disappearance :lol:
Well, this week is going to be s**t. On one end, I'm one step closer to switching jobs (one that I really want!), on the other end,
negotiating w/ your boss about your resignation sucks. He's trying to lure me back, but I'm almost set to drop in my one-month notice.

Also, yeah. I'm still alive.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Dear diary.

I know many people don't visit this forum anymore, but I :bowdown: pray :bowdown: to :bowdown: god :bowdown: , that EVERY SINGLE ONE member of this community is safe and healthy during these difficult days for us all.
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Yeah. Tough times. I hope everyone is ok!
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

Dear diary,

glad to see no one gives up during the hard times, though for some it is not so hard as for others. Believe it or not, but for me every year has been better than the previous one (since 2019), even despite covid.
To finish first, first you have to finish!