PGR F1 World Championship 2015 [HL/Race] [Login] - AWARD

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: PGR F1 World Championship 2015 [HL/Race] [Login]

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

maclape wrote:So I'm pretty sure everyone is aware by now at how awful today has been for us motorsports fans so I propose we do our small part in honoring Jules for the next race (which weirdly enough is... Suzuka) with some kind of missing man formation for the login race track.
Yes, I also felt rather sad back the day at Suzuka. Luckily, it was the first live race that I missed completely since 1999 when Schumi had just broken his leg.
However, I felt real miserable more than 2 years ago when a long-time community member and a participant in PGR F1 passed away under - and I dare say it - even more sad and tragic circumstances.

So why am I telling you this? Yes, we have prepared some modifications to the track next week. We can leave the first slot on the grid empty and there will be flags in one of the run-off areas (but not THE run-off area) where they are better visible and in order to avoid that blue color (= ice) is painted on the track. Personally, I don't very much like actions that drown in the overflowing pathos and symbolism but I guess our approach relatively subtle.

Why more than one flag? The German flag ist reserved for our friend at GRIF and PGR.de (and not for MSC as hopefully nobody would think). It just wouldn't be appropriate to deny him the same (and slight) effort when we, on the other hand, want to remember a person that was very indirectly linked to our game, the competition and especially the people involved.
Buka

Post by Buka »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:@pgrf1 on Twitter:
Check out the latest piece of trivia on how to pronounce the drivers' names (including audio): CLICK

Any corrections or annotations? Just shoot me message, please!
This is hilarious! :bg: Love such stuff you do.

BTW, Buka means bogeyman.
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2015 Round 13
Belgian GP - Spa - Race

WM Title for maclape! Still fast or a chance for the other Racers?

Congrats to the Winner :winner:

Some Racer want to look replays first, so you find all results by link:

Replays: link
Result Race: link
Drivers WM: link
Teams WM: link

All Races: Summary

Login for Qualifying Suzuka is ready - Good Luck

---

Mszostus ask for possibility of early racing in Japan and Brasil
because of being in holiday.

If any other driver is absent too and absolutely do not want to miss
a race of PGR-F1, here he can:

Download Practice:
Suzuka Grid
Interlagos Quali WET
Interlagos Grid

Login before offiziell Login:
Suzuka Race
Interlagos Quali
Interlagos Race

Note:
You can drive the Quali to get the last 3 points, but you must
start from Pit, if Starting Grid isn't ready.
RudyOosterndijk

:winner: Here they are, the new PGR F1 Constructors' Champions! Congratulations! :winner:

:revs: Next Stop: Suzuka

Please download the track update. This is a specific version to honour two drivers - one F1 and one PGR F1 driver - who left us far too early. The track update comes with a new palette, which replaces the old one and adds some blue colour to the French Tricolore.

:yellowfg: Track Update incl. Palette
kuba

Post by kuba »

There was storm started 2 hours before deadline and I lost internet connection (it's still down, I'm writing from work) :(
Buka

Post by Buka »

Monza, Spa and Suzuka aren't tracks I like, so no wonder I raced so badly. My only hope is for Interlagos.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Sorry but this new PoV isn't IMO an improvement, not only because how it ruins perspective of lmap objects ... better to keep these things on trackmaster like Maciej1 is, he knows, what and why he does.
RudyOosterndijk

Trigger Happy wrote:not only because how it ruins perspective of lmap objects ...
Why else? I found the second half of the lap less frustrating to drive without compromising the first half too much except for the grid, which now seems a bit too far away and unusually placed at the top. (No, it wasn't about the spectators that were stuck in the bridge and had my car collide with them every lap.) :)
We had it all a bit more zoomed in until recently but it didn't fit the window of a 4:3 resolution that some of us are using.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Trigger Happy wrote:Sorry but this new PoV isn't IMO an improvement
:iagree: I like this "default" PoV on Suzuka.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Because when you consider lap time, now I case my car for 2/3 of lap time (the more difficult eses part including pit lane) somewhere in distant rear and 1/3 (trivial hairpin and loop of spoon) in foreground, where it's more comfortable.

Not to mention some general aspects during creating the track, PoV isn't cosmetic change like a sunk tyre or repainted kerb, it affects whole track creation - considerations on appearance of layout, textures, hmap, placing of objects, density of trees, lmap objects etc - in sum what trackmaker wants you to see and how and what wants you not to see. When you do this, you ruin many gentle thoughts and considerations, which you aren't aware at all and which make the original track looking nice, correct and complete (e.g. an elevation in hmap may feel in one PoV fine, in other insufficient and in yet another exaggeratedly, there's a dependance between PoV and how hmap is then made).
RudyOosterndijk

Trigger Happy wrote:Because when you consider lap time, now I case my car for 2/3 of lap time (the more difficult eses part including pit lane) somewhere in distant rear and 1/3 (trivial hairpin and loop of spoon) in foreground, where it's more comfortable.
This is exactly my reasoning for having spoon, 130R and the chicane closer to the camera and having the eses in a horizontal line. I didn't crash anymore at the exit of spoon or into the walls on the bridge. And the chicane is almost automatic although you need to lift off while still at the exit of 130R. For me it was so much quicker and less frustrating that I hardly believe it could be a very subjective impression.
Trigger Happy wrote:[...] PoV isn't cosmetic change like a sunk tyre or repainted kerb
I guess, you mistakenly put it that way - because it surely isn't (see ESP 2012 or our Malaysian dispute). But I like your enumeration of all the aspects that depend on a specific PoV.
Trigger Happy wrote:it affects whole track creation [...] when you do this you ruin many gentle thoughts and considerations, which you aren't aware at all [...]
:shock: ... or is it just me?

If it's just me: Yes, a very rare compromise that led me to change the PoV for better drivability. It is just wrong calling me completely blind of these details just because I found them less important in comparison - especially after our Malaysian dispute. The HMAP is not really a problem, the Bianchi tribute is now better visible and it's not like there is a lot to hide from the camera. And - if you look at the screenshot above - there were originally some trees blocking the view. In Monaco on the main straight we removed them for all those people who couldn't see their car on the grid.
But yes, it would have been a different story if this was one of Mantov's (?) LMAP-heavy tracks.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:
Trigger Happy wrote:it affects whole track creation [...] when you do this you ruin many gentle thoughts and considerations, which you aren't aware at all [...]
:shock: ... or is it just me?

If it's just me: Yes, a very unusual compromise that led me to change the PoV for better drivability. It is just wrong calling me unaware of these details just because I found them less important in comparison - especially after Malaysia. It would be a different story if this was one of Mantov's LMAP-heavy tracks.
I meant you, me or anybody else next to original author, who knows precisely what thought is behind which choise driving-wise and in landscape. It's not a matter only of lmap objects. When you change PoV, you can mess up a lot more things visually than it may look like at first sign, it's a fact. Especially if it's track of a trackmaster I'd recommend to respect such core aspect of his work like PoV as he intended it (for unsaid reasons clear to him) instead trying being smarter - otherwise the danger, that one makes more harm to track than adds benefits by such change grows remarkably. :shhh:
RudyOosterndijk

Trigger Happy wrote:Especially if it's track of a trackmaster I'd recommend to respect such core aspect of his work like PoV as he intended it (for unsaid reasons clear to him) instead trying being smarter - otherwise the danger, that one makes more harm to track than adds benefits by such change grows remarkably. :shhh:
Absolutely true, especially from an artistic perspective. But I found this - driving-wise - a relatively weak circuit for maciej's standards. I thought a lot about the second half of the circuit, if it was just difficult when driving on the edge or if it suffered from the PoV. Then there were (and there is still one) sunk tyre/s in the eses which lacked some proper placement and the ability to slow the cars down significantly (which is also due to the cars themselves). Then there were persons on the road, which were meant to be standing under the bridge.
So driving-wise, I don't usually take every trackmaster's work unquestioned. But that's only logical as most tracks were never tested using the same or very similar cars to the ones in this competition. Still 98% of the tracks are a perfect fit - aside from the sunk tyres and some trees. So changing the PoV is counterproductive in almost every case.

In the end I believe things are different this time using only the cars at hand. But it would be good for me to know about your experiences so - if wrong - I can recalibrate my senses and polish my driving skills that led me to this decision. :)
boblopette

Post by boblopette »

going in order:

1) congrats to maclape for the championship! and to alonso, some great duels until his pc failure :bg:
2) count me in for Rudy's return :peacock:
3) question: why am I not classified in Spa (race)? I thought I would've been listed as DNF (I've tried to compete but it was too frustrating not being able to drive the line I wanted, due to the bandages)
4) really like the homage in Suzuka. I also don't dislike the new point of view of the circuit (I even made a good qualy :D), the final and crucial part of the track is now better driveable in my opinion, even if the first part - where is still important to find a clear line - is far from the camera. but at least, as Rudy said, is placed in a straight horizontal view, so it shouldn't cost too much time compared to the old version.
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

Ok, 8/30 you're in the list, boblopette.

Hope, we continue to get more members, that want to see Rudy back, from now on. :bg:
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
"I´m proud to be back as GR Driver in the world of GeneRally in the year 2015!"
RudyOosterndijk

boblopette wrote: 3) question: why am I not classified in Spa (race)? I thought I would've been listed as DNF (I've tried to compete but it was too frustrating not being able to drive the line I wanted, due to the bandages
Probably just an oversight if you logged in at some point of time before Sunday 22:00 GMT. Personally, I wasn't even surprised when I copied the race results because you had already told me about your bandages. :ill:
I am sure we will find you on the login protocol (if we search for "Bob, the fag") :shy:
majortom
GeneRally Wizard

Post by majortom »

Results PGR F1 2015 Round 14
Japanese GP - Suzuka - Qualifying

Lap of honour for Jules in Japan - no real Winner on Pole!

Full Size

Replay of fastest 6 drivers: link

Every Driver with Quali starts from position corresponding to his Quali position.
All Drivers without Quali must start from Pitlane.

This round P1 is free, so every Driver must start from his position plus 1.

Tracks for practice: Suzuka Grid

Login for Race is ready - Good Luck
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Well, this is a main reason why Rudy must again start racing in the PGRF1 for 2016. :shhh:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Season end! thanks now only wait for result.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

We still have Brazil. :shhh:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
RudyOosterndijk

Mszostus wrote:Season end! thanks now only wait for result.
RobertRacer wrote:We still have Brazil. :shhh:
Both of your races have arrived. Have a nice holiday!
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

RobertRacer wrote:Well, this is a main reason why Rudy must again start racing in the PGRF1 for 2016. :shhh:
We still need a lot of people, otherwise Rudy will not think about it or does he now?
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

We have Maclape, Kuba and Alonso (and with me, Mszostus, XYY, Gzehoo and Shuher the full Top8 of the GWR 2015 ranking is driving here). Maybe we can forcepersuade GR Legends like jo.sk, TuomoH, Murano, Akouk (2011 Champion) etc. to drive in the PGRF1. ;) Then you have to drive Rudy. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Also Yankess - at this moment the best Polish GeneRally driver in the world - would start in PGR F1. But maybe in the next season... :shhh:
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

That would of course be the best starting field possible. :bg:
But Tuomoh will not start again in PGR F1, he told me recently.
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?