Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Martyn

Re: Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Post by Martyn »

I'm not sure if this is allowed here so feel free to remove if needed

A friend of mine is just one step away from a place in the Race of Champions at London's Olympic Stadium. Please follow this link and vote for Bradley Philpot!

Oh, and here's a video of him going from 21st to 1st in just a few laps at Snetterton, just to prove he deserves it

Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Yesterday Toyota became the first not American car manufacturer, in which the NASCAR champion drove. :shhh: Kyle Busch (Toyota) won in Homestead and is champion. :bsmile:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

RobertRacer wrote:Yesterday Toyota became the first not American car manufacturer, in which the NASCAR champion drove. :shhh: Kyle Busch (Toyota) won in Homestead and is champion. :bsmile:
Which was impressive since Busch broke both legs during the Xfinity Series season opener and missed 11 Sprint Cup races. Despite his legs being far from healed when he returned, especially his right leg, where he had a compound fracture, Kyle even won a race at Sonoma, despite limping all the time (he would win other 4 races).

Jeff Gordon, in his last season, finished 6th in the race and 3rd in the championship.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Actually, more like disgusting to any real racing fan. The only reason he even had a chance to become champion was because of NASCAR's idiotic Chase system and the fact that they gave him an exemption to be able to get into the chase is he won and finished top 30 in "regular season" points despite missing nearly 1/3 of the season. I'm a big NASCAR fan, but they really are turning themselves into the joke of the motorsports world with nonsense like this. Imagine if F1 had a system like this, and someone who was well behind the season points leader won the last race and was crowned champion. Doesn't that seem stupid?
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeaah, that's pretty much what I thought about it. It makes the pre-chase races trivial. And then they have Talladega (apparently pretty clean this year) and Martinsville (not that clean this year) that have a big potential of screwing the best out of the "play-offs". This then makes the Chase part pointless as well.

But as much as I don't like Busch's, it's admirable what he did. Many would have propably waited for a longer time to heal, or at least performed worse because of the pain.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

puttz wrote:Actually, more like disgusting to any real racing fan. The only reason he even had a chance to become champion was because of NASCAR's idiotic Chase system and the fact that they gave him an exemption to be able to get into the chase is he won and finished top 30 in "regular season" points despite missing nearly 1/3 of the season. I'm a big NASCAR fan, but they really are turning themselves into the joke of the motorsports world with nonsense like this. Imagine if F1 had a system like this, and someone who was well behind the season points leader won the last race and was crowned champion. Doesn't that seem stupid?
Come to think about it, yeah, it sounds really stupid.

1nsane wrote:But as much as I don't like Busch's, it's admirable what he did. Many would have propably waited for a longer time to heal, or at least performed worse because of the pain.
You said it best!
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

NASCAR finish at Phoenix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

R.I.P. Luis Salom (1991-2016) :(
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Guys, as most of you remember, I am kind of known for creating wicked point systems for championships. But can anyone of you explain me the new pointing system for NASCAR? When I've first read from them, I've lost it inbetween. And again the second time. And I've given up the third try. :faint:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
puttz

Post by puttz »

Oh, don't worry, you aren't the only one lost :scared: It is the most convoluted thing I have seen in a while.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Marco

Post by Marco »

puttz wrote:It is the most convoluted thing I have seen in a while.
F1 qualifying 2016? :really: Even the teams didn't got that and they know much more than we :lol:

Also, WRC? Any comments?
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

Don't really into WRC...
but something different...watched the highlights from RoC Miami
1. Vettel in the Nations Cup... :wow:
2. this scared the sh*t out of me...specially if I would sit next to Pascal :o
Hello.
Marco

Post by Marco »

zgr wrote:this scared the sh*t out of me...specially if I would sit next to Pascal :o
Let's just say I wouldn't be a volunteer to be in that car to :notme:
zgr wrote:1. Vettel in the Nations Cup... :wow:
I agree :nod: Complete domination...
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Maro Engel versus Shanke van Gisbergen. What's your take, guys?

I guess the only opinion I have is how dumb the fans are for having a go at Maro. I'd imagine his feedback to AMG-Mercedes would be of a fairly high priority. I doubt he gives a stuff what us southern hemispherical hobbits think. I'd be highly inclined to voice my opinion too.
zgr

Post by zgr »

Doorslammer wrote:Maro Engel versus Shanke van Gisbergen. What's your take, guys?

I guess the only opinion I have is how dumb the fans are for having a go at Maro. I'd imagine his feedback to AMG-Mercedes would be of a fairly high priority. I doubt he gives a stuff what us southern hemispherical hobbits think. I'd be highly inclined to voice my opinion too.
Well, van Gisbergen really should have drive more...well more calmer than he did there. But Maro shouldn't be that harsh on Media...at least he apologize, but when you have a teammate and only one car...
Well you can be upset, even on Media, no doubt about it...but dont cross the line, thats what i try to say :D
Hello.
Michkov

Post by Michkov »

While I have no issue with binning the car in a non championship event from second place. Pushing a car out of the way and parking the damaged car in the middle of the road are a big no no. So I can see where Engel is coming from. That said if I dont want to get rid of SvG as my teammate I'd discuss the matter behind closed doors.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Engel had to watch his teammate undo all his efforts by driving like someone out of their depth on an arcade game. I've had teammates crash out during endurance races before, it happens, we all crash at some point. But SvG's driving was idiotic! I'd be furious with him!!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
maclape

Post by maclape »

It's early to tell about this new stage system (let's see when they get to a non-Superspeedway): it may or may not be a good idea. But I'm hating that each stage ends with a caution; for the love of god keep the :greenfg: racing going.

I think it's 10x times worse than Nascar patented phantom debris cautions.

Oh look, a end-of-stage-caution breeding a real caution :roll:
puttz

Post by puttz »

The whole race in general except the last few laps was bad in general. Way too much crashing.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
maclape

Post by maclape »

slow news day huh? :shock:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

maclape wrote:slow news day huh? :shock:
Well, it is certainly the news of this decade. Alonso is about to miss Monaco GP to take part at Indy 500 with a cooperation of McLaren, Andretti Racing and Honda. Wow! :o
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Marco

Post by Marco »

Herbal wrote:Well, it is certainly the news of this decade. Alonso is about to miss Monaco GP to take part at Indy 500 with a cooperation of McLaren, Andretti Racing and Honda. Wow!
And it came from nowhere really :shock: . It's a huge and pleasant surprise, not to mention a big piece of McLaren history.
Have to admit, not a big Alonso fan, but I hope he can do it. :)
And this way Honda can give Alonso an engine that can actually win a race. :D
Formerly marinator
puttz

Post by puttz »

marinator wrote:
Herbal wrote:Well, it is certainly the news of this decade. Alonso is about to miss Monaco GP to take part at Indy 500 with a cooperation of McLaren, Andretti Racing and Honda. Wow!
And it came from nowhere really :shock: . It's a huge and pleasant surprise, not to mention a big piece of McLaren history.
The engine will blow in the first half of the race :D
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Nicky Hayden taken to hospital following collision whilst cycling on the Rimini coast

#GoNicky
puttz

Post by puttz »

puttz wrote:
marinator wrote:
The engine will blow in the first half of the race :D
Well, it was the last quarter of the race, but it did blow. Oh, the irony. Congrats to Taku, he drove really well at the end!
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff