[gtc] [tou] Volkswagen Golf MK3

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
rooboty

[gtc] [tou] Volkswagen Golf MK3

Post by rooboty »

Phew, well this took a long time to make... :tired:

My first try to make a real life car and actually, I think it looks pretty good. :D There will be a race track made for this car soon, so be tuned!

This is a recreation of the Volkswagen Golf MK3 in GeneRally. There are three versions of the car in the .RAR file. The stock version, a convertable version and a sport version (Basically a race version). Physics took a long time to make, but I think that I did my job of making the FWD car feel realistic-ly understeer-y.

Download links and more info about the car below. VVV (PLEASE COMMENT IF SOMETHING ABOUT THE CAR BOTHERS YOU!!!)
(SP)Golf MK3.png
2016-09-03_004101.png
Golf MK3 (By-Rooboty).rar
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
I hope everyone who downlads this thing has fun with it! :mrgreen:
- Post made by: Оня с Коня
Zsolt

Re: [gtc] [tou] Volkswagen Golf MK3

Post by Zsolt »

DUUUUUDE, I just made a golf mk3, but it was piece of SH*T! :doh: Your one is awesome! :shock: FINALLY! I found an awesome MK3 on the web! Thanx bro! You are the best VW designer! Congrats bro! :bg: :up:

Merged double reply from Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 am:

Hello, still me, i wanna ask you a question. :mrgreen: How did you managed the production of this brilliant carpack? :? It was hard work? Or do you used a real Golf MK3 as a shample? I mean... you looked at the car and then followed the shape in Car Editor? :?
Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Hello Rooboty, i am here again. I wanna tell you that, it actually bothers me something. Could be an error or somethin... :? When i downloaded it and i moved to the folder named "Cars" then i started the game, i did not found the car in the list inside the game. There, were you choose the cars for race. Could have the file got an error? Or it is damaged? What can i do? :sorry:
Last edited by TuomoH on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted the unnecessary rar
rooboty

Post by rooboty »

First of all, sorry for the late reply, stuff got in the way. :vsad:
Zsolt wrote:When i downloaded it and i moved to the folder named "Cars" then i started the game, i did not found the car in the list inside the game. There, were you choose the cars for race. Could have the file got an error? Or it is damaged? What can i do?
Hmm, weird...
I downloaded your version and it seemed to work fine. Did you un-zip the RAR file? Otherwise the game doesn't register the mod, even if it's in the CARS folder. :bg:
Zsolt wrote: Hello, still me, i wanna ask you a question. :mrgreen: How did you managed the production of this brilliant carpack? :? It was hard work? Or do you used a real Golf MK3 as a shample? I mean... you looked at the car and then followed the shape in Car Editor? :?
Well, I actually first looked at some pictures to see what I wanted to make (maybe a golf MK 2 or a BMW). Then I opened up 3DTuning.com and made a picture of the left side of the car, and did some stuff in my drawing program, so I could calculate how many polygons the best looking version of the car had. After all that I FINALLY opened up the Generally CarEditor. I mostly eyeballed the look of the car, so it looked close enough to the original plan (remember, you are mostly going to look at these cars from 10-100 meters away). When the base model of the car was done, it was just a hell of a lot of tweaking (car performance, size, other versions). The last part was making the forum stuff (writing, pictures). That was pretty quick.

The whole car was made in 3 days. About 20% was planning, 50% was making the base model, 20% was other versions and tweaking, and the last 10% was making forum stuff and waiting for the first download! :goal:
- Post made by: Оня с Коня