[cpk] The Garage (v1.6, updated 19.07.20 - 104 cars)

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lorenzo

[cpk] The Garage (v1.6, updated 19.07.20 - 104 cars)

Post by Lorenzo »

Hello, guys!
On the final day of 2015 I present you the carpack that summarizes my work of the past 12 months. It is a continuation of my former "Packs" project in easy-to-use and easy-to-update form. For now it's 53 cars, among which 33 are totally new and the other 20 were already released, and next ones will come in the (near) future. Although there are still things to improve, it's totally playable carpack already and I hope you'll have fun. Please rate, comment, and feel free to give requests and report any issue you might come across (I haven't tested every single car to be honest, I didn't have time so these may occur... :shhh: )

So... here it is:

The Garage (104 cars) (v1.6, updated 19.07.20)
Car list:
Abarth 2000 Pininfarina
Abarth OT 1300
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3
Ariel Atom
Arrinera Hussarya
Aston Martin Vanquish
Audi R8 Coupe
Chevrolet Chaparral 2X
Chevrolet Corvette C1 V8 Convertible
Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray
Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR-1
DeLorean DMC-12
Dodge Challenger R/T
Dodge Coronet Super Bee
Dodge Viper GTS
Duesenberg Model SJ
Duesengerg Special 'Mormon Meteor'
Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona
Ferrari 488 GTB
Ferrari 512S Modulo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ferrari Testarossa
Ford GT '03
Ford Mustang GT 390 Fastback '68
Ford Mustang VI GT
Honda NSX
Hyundai Tiburon S2
Italdesign Namir
Italdesign Scighera
Jaguar XJ220
Jaguar XKR-S
Koenigsegg Agera S
Lamborghini Countach LP400
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Espada S3
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Miura P400
Lamborghini Veneno
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Lexus LFA
Lotus Europa Type 47
Lotus Elan S4
Maserati MC12
Mazda RX-500
McLaren MP4-12C
McLaren P1
Mercedes-Benz 190 SL
Mercedes-Benz R129 SL500
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Morgan Aeromax
Morgan Plus 8
Nissan 370Z
Nissan Juke 1.6 Turbo
Nissan S30/Fairlady Z
Pagani Zonda R
Peugeot Quasar
Peugeot RCZ (Facelift)
Plymouth Road Runner Superbird
Porsche 550A Coupe
Porsche 911 Turbo 930
Porsche 959
Renault Alpine A110 1300
Toyota 2000GT
Talbot-Lago T-150C SS
TVR Sagaris
Vector W8
Volkswagen W12 Coupe
W Motors Lykan HyperSport
Wiesmann GT MF5
Cars by Performance Index:
[attachment=1]carsbypi.png[/attachment]
TheGarage - new cars.png
[Lor] The Garage v1.4 (73 cars).car.zip
(51.15 KiB) Downloaded 1446 times
Attachments
carsbypi.png
Last edited by Lorenzo on Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Daniel Rosenberger

Re: [cpk] The Garage (v1.0, initial release - 53 cars)

Post by Daniel Rosenberger »

Tested a few of them. I´m no expert but i like it

They look really great
Marco

Post by Marco »

Finally :heyea: . Long awaited pack. Lorenzo :happythanks:
Owner of Wulff Motorsport team and car company
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
All my released tracks and cars
K5054

Post by K5054 »

Can you make an Ultima GTR, Lotus Exige from 2010, Artega GT and some other SUVs/ crossovers (maybe for future RX or rally competition :notme:) ? Polys in Morgan flicker and MC12 is sliding a bit too much as well as in my opinion Evoque and Juke have too big slow down values :( . Anyway, most of your cars are great! :bg:

PS I am over-sensitive on physics, am I :roll: ?
Last edited by K5054 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

K5054 wrote:Can you make an Ultima GTR, Lotus Exige from 2010 and Artega GT?
Sure :bg:
K5054 wrote:Polys in Morgan flicker
Thanks for pointing it out, I'll try to fix that issue somehow.
K5054 wrote:MC12 is sliding a bit too much :(
Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I remember driving MC12 in TDU (which had pretty accurate physics in Hardcore Mode) and the steering was atrocious making it one of the hardest cars to drive in the game, so that's how I remembered it. Now when I read critics' opinions on the real car they seem to be in the same vein - but since you mentioned it, I'll try to tweak the steering of MC12 a bit and hopefully with the next release you'll like it better ;)

Any other comments? I would really appreciate any ideas as to which cars you'd like to see in the future updates as well as opinions on the physics (and abviously spotting out flaws too).

EDIT:
K5054 wrote:in my opinion Evoque and Juke have too big slow down values
That's right, cars of this kind will have lower slowdown values and increased grip on other surfaces, but it's still WIP...

PS Of course you are, and I like it :D
K5054

Post by K5054 »

Lorenzo wrote: Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I remember driving MC12 in TDU (which had pretty accurate physics in Hardcore Mode) and the steering was atrocious making it one of the hardest cars to drive in the game, so that's how I remembered it. Now when I read critics' opinions on the real car they seem to be in the same vein - but since you mentioned it, I'll try to tweak the steering of MC12 a bit and hopefully with the next release you'll like it better ;)
I haven't driven it in any game (except GR), so I may be wrong . Let's see what others say. Does also XKR behave in this way?

What would I like to see in GR is:
Ferrrari 166
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Peugot RCZ
Mercedes SLS AMG
Modern Dodge Challenger
Fiat Stilo Abarth
Triumph Spitfire
and Gumpert Apollo

Lorenzo for carmaster!
Marco

Post by Marco »

Please add Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Diablo, Porsche 959 and Carrera GT :please:
Formerly marinator
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Great job Lorenzo :bg:. You are a master modeler.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Unfortunately, I won't be able to release the update earlier than in the middle of February (after my exams), but great thanks for all the feedback and especially for the requests, they really make the the carmaking easier :bg: I only managed to make initial sketches of 166, RCZ and Spitfire but that's all I can do by now. :vsad:

Also, I already made Diablo and Apollo before but I didn't like their look, so now I'll have the motivation to tweak them. :bsmile:
K5054

Post by K5054 »

I like very much european sports cars from late 60s. Could you make some? I'll give you my favourites via PM later.
Lorenzo

Re: [cpk] The Garage (v1.1, updated 20.07.16 - 57 cars)

Post by Lorenzo »

Hi there again!
As I was working on the update, I though that actually there is no point in waiting any more just to release the whole 20+ cars at the same time. So here is a smaller piece of what's coming and I think that's the way The Garage will be updated from now on, and I hope it will make it easier for you to get familiar with all the cars.

So I chose four iconic sports cars from 80's and 90's for the first update. Two of them are among my all-time favourites and I was driving them to death in NFS III: Hot Pursuit these days myself and I'm happy that I finally got them right - yes, they're Lamborghini Diablo SV (I started making it for the first time some 5-6 years ago) and Italdesign Scighera (only one produced ever in real life). The other ones are requested Porsche 959, with which I also struggled a bit but now I consider it nailed. There was really no way to make a convincing stripe on Dodge Viper GTS '96 though, but I hope the body and quite detailed shape of the rear do make justice to it (or should I make that white stripe, colouring the polygon between lights and center of the windscreen?)

Let's just get a glimpse before downloading to make sure if it's worth your time. :scratch: :hattip: (file in the first post is also updated)
The Garage 20.07.16.png
[Lor] The Garage v1.1 (57 cars).zip
(39.72 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
But that's not all. I've also added some substantial convenience which will make the pack a little bit more organized. As the pack was growing bigger I felt it would be useful to have a brief idea of the cars' performance in advance instead of trying every single one and hoping that some of them will match each other. So I made a formula that calculates Performance Index (just like in Forza or Gran Turismo games). Of course it's not perfect, as cars differ in terms of power, mass and steering and sometimes performance of cars with similar PI might vary quite much depending on type of the circuit, but I think that in most of cases you will find it helpful - at least I do, even though I know my cars quite well already. If you notice that some PIs are really off, let me know and I'll try to tweak the formula a bit.

So I hope you'll enjoy the update, and stay tuned for more.
puttz

Post by puttz »

More great cars :trampo: You should rename this carpack to the "I can't believe that's 40 polys" carpack. ;)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Marco

Post by Marco »

:bowdown: :bowdown: Thank you, Lorenzo. By far the best carpack ever :)
Formerly marinator
Lorenzo

Re: [cpk] The Garage (v1.2, updated 25.07.16 - 61 cars)

Post by Lorenzo »

puttz wrote:You should rename this carpack to the "I can't believe that's 40 polys" carpack. ;)
When I read comments like this one, you know, they're super-nice, but sometimes I feel that people just look at them and forget to download :P But I see that >10 of you gave them a try, so maybe it’s time for some new cars.

But now something completely different.
[attachment=2]completely_different.png[/attachment]
The Garage 25.07.16.png
1932 Duesenberg Model SJ (Convertible Coupe) – supercharged version of Model J, the most luxurious and powerful of Duesengerg available then (excluding special versions). Quite powerful (320hp), but also very heavy. Fun fact - in this car Fred Duesenberg had a accident that eventually led to his death.
PI: 64

1935 Duesenberg Model SJ Special 'Mormon Meteor' – heavily tuned, high-performance version of SJ, that was built for speed record-braking purposes (with success, worth noting). Addictive bodywork design, one of a kind.
PI: 143

1937 Talbot Lago T-150C SS – an absolute gem of the time when a focus on aerodynamic was merely a consequence of artistic approach instead of any kind of concern for efficiency and/or speed. With an absolutely revolutionary futuristic design by Figoni & Falaschi this car could as well reside in museum halls forever, but it proved there’s much more than just visuals by competing successfully in various motorsport events, most notably placing 3rd (as a stock car) in 1938 24 Hours of Le Mans. It comes to The Garage in two different painting schemes.
PI: 133

1932 Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3 – a single-seat Grand Prix car, based on Alfa Romeo 8C. This car won 46 races (according to Wikipedia) in 1932-35, including the most famous 1935 German Grand Prix at Nurburgring, when, in hands of Tazio Nuvolari and in nasty weather conditions, the old P3 (265hp) outperformed a flock of more powerful and advanced Auto Unions Tipo B and Mercedes W25B (both 375hp) – in front of more than quarter of a million spectators (including some raged Third Reich officers).
PI: 212
Attachments
[Lor] The Garage v1.2 (61 cars).zip
(42.72 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
completely_different.png
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

So we have GT for PS and TG for Generally! :)
Very useful the PI values, now it's definetly easier to use this pack. Awesome this new Alfa Tipo B :wow: , while the Dodge Viper left me a little disappointed :/ I think the problem it's not only the stripes but also the shape it's not convincing. Physic is one of the must of the pack, on rwl track these cars are really perfect, they seems to be part of a simulation game, while they are (obviously) pretty difficult to be driven on small track (I was trying just to appreciate the models in-game).
Great you keep updating :bg: the pack it's getting more and more interesting (nice idea to include these oldies :greybeard: ).

If you still accept requests I'd like to propose the Bugatti eb110, it has an original but simple shape, so the model might results great on GR.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Horrormous wrote:Physic is one of the must of the pack, on rwl track these cars are really perfect, they seems to be part of a simulation game, while they are (obviously) pretty difficult to be driven on small track (I was trying just to appreciate the models in-game).
That's interesting, because it wasn't my intention, really - I wanted to make the cars quite challenging (that's why I keep balance values very low), but rather driftable in general, and most of all - not boring. You can drive them like you want, either in "arcade mode" - fighting hard with AI, drifting, no tyre degradation, or in "simulation mode" - avoiding drifting, keeping to the racing line etc. That's how I like to play, cause most of the time I make quick races against AI around mid-sized tracks (or even small tracks in kind of recent TuomoH releases), which usually are very intense and fighty, but when I go time trial, I try the other mode and you're right that because of obvious lack of proper downforce it's sometimes a struggle like in a simulator. These are good cars if you like some challenge and perfecting your laptimes, because it's not easy to hit every apex and it feels really good if you manage to do so.
Horrormous wrote:the Dodge Viper left me a little disappointed :/ I think the problem it's not only the stripes but also the shape it's not convincing.
I think there's not too much room for any improvement, arrangement of vetices looks fine to me, the proportions too. Maybe I could try to redesign the car around the headlights (although they're very acceptable now), tweak the shape and make them look more Viper-ish (whatever it means). No chances for any kind of stripes I'm afraid, and also I'm afraid that it's the stripes that makes this car so exceptional in real life, so that's something we have to accept. Initially I wasn't finding the Viper good enough to release it, but after some time I got used to it. If that approach doesn't work in your case, let me know and I'll try to make some alterations.
Horrormous wrote:If you still accept requests I'd like to propose the Bugatti eb110, it has an original but simple shape, so the model might results great on GR.
Sometimes a car in real life looks simple and easy, but it doesn't automatically mean it's easy to model in GR. And it works the other way too, the Mormon Meteor turned to be surprisingly easy as well as Lykan Hypersport that I made just several hours ago. And Tipo B was super-easy, I had to think what to do with these additional polygons and vertices :P.

I bear in mind all the requests, and still accept new ones of course. I have to focus on them a bit more though, and get down to finishing these models that I started making already (918, Carrera GT, Apollo, 166, RCZ and a few others).
Horrormous wrote:the pack it's getting more and more interesting (nice idea to include these oldies :greybeard: ).
In The Garage there is room for every car :shhh:
Marco

Post by Marco »

Well, these "oldies" are pieces of art, though they are very hard to handle :lol: (except for Tipo B P3).
Horrormous wrote:while the Dodge Viper left me a little disappointed :/ I think the problem it's not only the stripes but also the shape it's not convincing.
Personally I like the Viper. Yeah it could have it's stripes, but if you make tthem, it's pretty much impossible to make a decent looking car :scratch: .

I know I already asked you to make a few cars, but this time these aren't requests, just suggestions :shhh: . Make them if you want :)
- TWR Speed 12
- Ferrari 288 GTO
- Plymouth Superbird
- Ford GT40 mk1 (or mk2)
- McLaren F1
- Pagani Zonda R
Formerly marinator
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Lorenzo wrote:
Horrormous wrote:Physic is one of the must of the pack, on rwl track these cars are really perfect, they seems to be part of a simulation game, while they are (obviously) pretty difficult to be driven on small track (I was trying just to appreciate the models in-game).
That's interesting, because it wasn't my intention, really - I wanted to make the cars quite challenging (that's why I keep balance values very low), but rather driftable in general, and most of all - not boring. You can drive them like you want, either in "arcade mode" - fighting hard with AI, drifting, no tyre degradation, or in "simulation mode" - avoiding drifting, keeping to the racing line etc. That's how I like to play, cause most of the time I make quick races against AI around mid-sized tracks (or even small tracks in kind of recent TuomoH releases), which usually are very intense and fighty, but when I go time trial, I try the other mode and you're right that because of obvious lack of proper downforce it's sometimes a struggle like in a simulator. These are good cars if you like some challenge and perfecting your laptimes, because it's not easy to hit every apex and it feels really good if you manage to do so.
Happy to hear that, sure they are challenging, I think I drove only grippy cars recently so trying these on small tracks was pretty difficult, but now I start to understand them better.
Lorenzo wrote:
Horrormous wrote:the Dodge Viper left me a little disappointed :/ I think the problem it's not only the stripes but also the shape it's not convincing.
I think there's not too much room for any improvement, arrangement of vetices looks fine to me, the proportions too. Maybe I could try to redesign the car around the headlights (although they're very acceptable now), tweak the shape and make them look more Viper-ish (whatever it means). No chances for any kind of stripes I'm afraid, and also I'm afraid that it's the stripes that makes this car so exceptional in real life, so that's something we have to accept. Initially I wasn't finding the Viper good enough to release it, but after some time I got used to it. If that approach doesn't work in your case, let me know and I'll try to make some alterations.
It happens also to me that sometimes I don't like a car I just made, but then, after a while, it turned out to be a good car. Probably it will work the same with your Viper.
marinator wrote:Well, these "oldies" are pieces of art, though they are very hard to handle :lol: (except for Tipo B P3).
Tipo B is fast, it's an experience to beat modern cars with that oldie :witch:
blastawaythewall

Post by blastawaythewall »

Holy cow! I hadn't seen these updates! That Diablo is sick, also the 959 and the Alfa GP car. Instant classics, thank you mate!
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

I hadn't seen your comment before either :mrgreen: I'm glad you like it, I'm busy with my exams at the moment, but in the last week of September I'll release another update (8-10 cars).
blastawaythewall

Cool, looking forward to that. We did a few races with several of these on Saturday night, they look really nice in game! Physics felt nice as the rest of your garage.
Lorenzo

Re: [cpk] The Garage (v1.3, updated 21.09.16 - 69 cars)

Post by Lorenzo »

This time I'll be brief. First of (two) September updates, 8 new cars. Can we hit on 100 cars by the end of the year? :shhh:
The Garage 21.09.16.png
1965 Abarth OT 1300
PI: 165

1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
PI: 132

1948 Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta
PI: 175

1966 Lotus Europa Type 47
PI: 242

1969 Lotus Elan S4
PI: 142

1968 Morgan Plus 8
PI: 152

1969 Nissan S30/Fairlady Z
PI: 129

1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird
PI: 185
[Lor] The Garage v1.3 (69 cars).zip
(48.36 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

The Lotus with the red and white painjob is really spot on
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
blastawaythewall

No way! So much magic here, what a pack. Every car is stunning.

Maybe we're not living in a golden GR era but we're definitely living in a golden Lorenzo car pack era.
K5054

Post by K5054 »

Yay! Thank you very much! Cars look excellent, as always. Now let's try them!
Of course we can!
PS It has been a long time since my last visit here...