GR FormulaGP 2016 [Race][Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
RobertRacer

Re: GR FormulaGP 2016 [Race][Login]

Post by RobertRacer »

Another race, another crash and retirement. :weep:

If someone could be interested in 2 ZegarekPower seats, then be interested.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I had crash at every training race, so my expectations were low, but race was clean.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

For me, I crash mostly in Logins. I don't train pretty much TBH, but still.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

No crash, no problems during race... Another podium will be a success, but I hope mainly for points.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
zgr

Post by zgr »

First corner was quite hard, but like Kuba said
kuba wrote:I had crash at every training race, ...but race was clean.
Hello.
zgr

Post by zgr »

And Nordicstar wins another race, this time luckily. Zegarek started the last lap with 02.70 seconds in front of Nordicstar, but
Zegarek wrote:In Turn 6 I had some problems and got damage. I'm very disappointed with this result, we should have win here.
Of coruse Nordicstar took the chance and won his fourth race in a row.
Nordicstar wrote:I'm sorry for Zega but of course I'm not sorry for me. Great drive and now we looking up for the championship for sure.
After three 3rd places Gzehoo finished 7th this time, even behind his teammate Pyssalo. His place on the podium is taken by Saddington.
Saddington wrote:I'm very pleased with this result, great team-result aswell. We hope we can overtake Zegarek Power in the Constructors and we will fight for it.
Pacific Raceway.png
Beowulf DQ* - wrong settings
Standings.png
Races

Next stop the Derryring in Mexico City! See ya :tuweed:
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Still not bad, they were just faster than me.

I'm aiming for a good result in Fortaleza.
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
zgr

Post by zgr »

The DERRYRING! will be the host for the Mexican Grand Prix this year. With Zegarek and Nordicstar only two drivers fight for the championship in the last three races. But also the fight for 4th is close. From Santos (66) to V. Carter (48) everyone could finish in the top 5. Who will find the right pace at the high speed circuit of Derryring?

DEADLINE: 2nd October!

Code: Select all

Derryring
Mexico City, Mexico
924 gr-meters
22 laps
Weather: sunny, 30°
Fastest Lap: /
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Finally a successful and errorless race. :D I hope to get some points after so many pointless races. ;)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

I did not forget about you, but it was a busy week for me
MEXICAN GP - RACE

RACE RESULTS:
[attachment=1]Race Results.png[/attachment]
IT'S A 1-3 FOR MARCINHO MOTORSPORTS!!! Again Nordicstar won the race, Jakobsen makes it almost perfect podium for Marcinho Motorsports. Zegarek lost his championship-lead, after he crossed the line 2ndrd. Vincent Carter finished 10th, his first points since the Norwegian GP. But the man is Nordicstar: 5 wins in a row, championship lead.

[attachment=0]Standings.png[/attachment]
Nordicstar leads with 31 points with 2 races left. Ritter will finish 3rd in the standings. There is a close fight for 4th between Santos, Beowulf and Saddington.

In the constructors, Zegarek Power still leads and can secure the championship, if they outscore Marcinho Motorsports.
POST-RACE-CONFERENCE:
[quote="Nordicstar"]Fantastic day. The crowd was amazing, so does the performance by the car today. A 1-2 for us is great![/quote]
[quote="Jakobsen"]After some point-scoring finishes, a podium feels better at all. Congratulations to the team, great result.[/quote]
[quote="Zegarek"]First of all, congrats to Marcinho Motorsports. They simply had the better car today. But of course this penalty can be crucial for the championship. Hopefully Fortaleza fits us more than Derryring.[/quote]
IMPORTANT
In my race I made a mistake with the settings. I wanted to use 34/8/100 (Tyre wear/Consumption/Mass), instead I used 36/8/100. Simply after I made my last training run with 35/7/105, I clicked in the wrong directon. So in fact, it's a disadvantage for me cause I have more tyre wear. BUT STILL I asked Nordicstar and both Carters and decided that a five seconds penalty is okay in that case, making me losing my 2nd place.
AFTER ALL, I WANT TO ASK YOU: IS A 5-SECOND PENALTY OKAY, OR SHOULD IT BE LESS/MORE?
Attachments
Standings.png
Race Results.png
Last edited by zgr on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

First of all, great results for my team.

Socond: How do You made screen with standings? Is this application?
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
zgr

Post by zgr »

Yes. I use a german application called "RacingDB". There you can manage championship, etc.. :)
Hello.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

zgr wrote:In my race I made a mistake with the settings. I wanted to use 34/8/100 (Tyre wear/Consumption/Mass), instead I used 36/8/100. Simply after I made my last training run with 35/7/105, I clicked in the wrong directon. So in fact, it's a disadvantage for me cause I have more tyre wear. BUT STILL I asked Nordicstar and both Carters and decided that a five seconds penalty is okay in that case, making me losing my 2nd place.
AFTER ALL, I WANT TO ASK YOU: IS A 5-SECOND PENALTY OKAY, OR SHOULD IT BE LESS/MORE?
I wouldn't give any penalty for that at all.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I would make it like GRPL used to make about your penalty zgr. If the settings are wrong and they're giving a advantage, penalty (GRPL used IIRC a BOP penalty, however a time penalty (5-10 sec) should be enough). If the settings are wrong, but giving a disadvantage (like in this case), no penalty.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

I would say no penalty as well. You already had penalty with worse tyres.
zgr

Post by zgr »

After talking to Marcinho & Nordicstar and the comments from Lorenzo, RobertRacer & Kuba, I will not receive any penalty and finish 2nd and Jakobsen 3rd. Updated standings in the results-post. Thank you all for your opinion :goodvibes:

If Zegarek Power outscore Marcinho Motorsports or both won't finish in the points, we have a new constructor champion.
Also Nordicstar leads by 1 point.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested... :shhh:
All-Time Drivers.png
All-Time Teams.png
WM - championships
Siege - Wins
Poles (we don't have Poles in FGP)
Schn. Rund. - Fastest Laps
Punkte - Points
Hello.
zgr

Post by zgr »

BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX!
Welcome in Fortaleza! The penultimate race of the FormulaGP 2016 season! The Autodromo Internacionale Ricardo da Silva has a flowing infield road course and a fast oval section.

Code: Select all

Autodromo Int. Ricardo da Silva
Fortaleza, Brazil
865 gr-meters
24 laps
Weather: rainy, 28°
Fastest Lap: /
Podium (2014):
01. Lorenzo
02. Zegarek
03. Carter, J.
Important things you have to look for:
Penultimate corner: 90° degree, fast corner, but if you overshoot it, you pay the price by driving over sunk tyres. But speed is crucial on the start/finish-straight.
Championship fight: Nordicstar leads with only 1 point in front of Zegarek. One mistake can cost the championship for both drivers.
Constructors: Zegarek leads with 27 points. By outscoring Marcinho they already win the constructors in Brazil.
Rain: Heavy rain. The tyres wear more than on dry tracks. It's important to find the best strategy.
Fighting for Position: With Santos, Beowulf, Saddington fighting for 4th and Alexandrow, Maclape, Gzehoo, Jefferson, Carter, V., RobertRacer fighting for 7th in the championship, nobody can take a break.
Hello.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Difficult race... but at least no problems with AIs :)
troll.png
Lambda Motosports

zgr

Post by zgr »

RACE RESULTS!
Race Replay

Race Results:
[attachment=1]Race Results.png[/attachment]
Zegarek and Nordicstar made one mistake each, which cost better races. Jakobsen won his first Grand Prix. Santos with his best result ever and it's the first time Nordicstar is not on the podium since the Austrian Grand Prix.
Post-race conference:
[quote="Jakobsen"]Great results, we still can win the constructors. But first of course we try to help Nordicstar.[/quote]
[quote="Santos"]After some poor results finally I found my pace and reach the podium. Hopefully I can continue this in Abu Dhabi.[/quote]
[quote="Ritter"]Good race, now I hope for a better team-result for the final race.[/quote]
Standings:
[attachment=0]Standings.png[/attachment]
Well, for the last race Zegarek and Nordicstar arrive there with the same amount of points. That's the most spectacular championship-fight ever. Marcinho Motorsports still can win the constructors.
See ya in Abu Dhabi for the last race!
Attachments
Standings.png
Race Results.png
Hello.
zgr

Post by zgr »

Video
LOGIN READY FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE SEASON!
Hello.
kuba

Post by kuba »

And... season finished. It was very long. maybe too long and definitely the damage in setting was too big.

Thanks Zegarek for organisation and fellow drivers for racing.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Abu Dhabi sent. Season finished for me. At least I hope for points.

Thanks for racing.
Lambda Motosports

zgr

Post by zgr »

First of all, thank you guys for a very long season and the endurance you had :) I also apologize for some troubles through the season, but I hope you still enjoyed it as much as I did!

But for now, let's take a look at the last race of the season:
RACE REPLAY:
Race Replay
[attachment=1]RESULTS ABU DHABI.png[/attachment]
Nordicstar wins in Abu Dhabi and can be called the new FormulaGP Champion! The german drove a fantastic second half in the season and deserves this victory. RobertRacer finished 2nd, beating Zegarek the 4th time this season. Zegarek finished on the podium, but lost in the championship. HSC GP, LuckyWin Racing had a brilliant season, Gzehoo was strong since the Austrian GP, finishing in the Top 7 in 7 out of the last 9 races, secure him the best polish driver this season. Having a great season, but a very weak last race. This is what PGR and Ritter feel like. Last driver in the points is Kuba.
STANDINGS:
[attachment=0]FINAL STANDINGS.png[/attachment]
183 to 178 points for Nordicstar secure his first major GeneRally-championship. With Nordicstar, Zegarek and Ritter, three germans finished on the season-podium. Behind them, Santos & Beowulf, both LuckyWin driver, performed pretty well this season. Best rookie's this season are Saddington, Jefferson and Alexandrow.

Congratulations to RobertRacer & Zegarek for winning the constructors-championship! Marcinho finished 2nd, PGR 3rd. LuckyWin Racing made a big step forward from 8th last season to 4th this season.
SEASON STATISTIC

HOPEFULLY SEE YOU NEXT YEAR FOR FORMULA A or FORMULA B! :misch:
Attachments
FINAL STANDINGS.png
RESULTS ABU DHABI.png
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I didn't expected that good result in this race. I thought of a Top 10 finish, but only in like 7-10, and not 2nd :silver: If I had trained a little bit more I could maybe have won, but 2nd place was in a such crash-y season very good for me. :D Even though Zegarek couldn't finish his last race as champion. :ouch:

We will miss you :banana: :shaking:

Also, I think that that was either a very nice gesture by zegarek who was too far behind Nordicstar (Congratulations :bg: ) in that race, or the biggest racing duel (I ever had) since PGR Brazil 2015 and in GRFGP since Europe 2014 (also with zegarek :misch: ) and/or the biggest violation of team orders (Multi 56) :shhh:

[quote="zgr"]RobertRacer finished 2nd, beating Zegarek the 4th time this season[/quote]

I don't know where you got this, but I think this was at all. I only recall this season by crashes, 3rd place in Monaco (behind you) and 2nd place here. :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
zgr

Post by zgr »

[quote="RobertRacer"] and/or the biggest violation of team orders (Multi 56) :shhh: [/quote]
Haha, true :mrgreen:

[quote="RobertRacer"][quote="zgr"]RobertRacer finished 2nd, beating Zegarek the 4th time this season[/quote]

I don't know where you got this, but I think this was at all. I only recall this season by crashes, 3rd place in Monaco (behind you) and 2nd place here. :shhh:[/quote]

In Spain (ROB: 8th, ZEG: DNF [16])
In Norway (ROB: 6th, ZEG: 7th)
In China (ROB: DNF [15], ZEG: DNF [17])
and now in Abu Dhabi ;) That's what I had in my table.
Of course special thanks to you Robert, for racing with me at Zegarek Power. Very challenging teammate and I wish you all the best for the future. It's a nice ending that we both won the constructors :winner: It's was an honour to drivewith you :bowdown:
[quote="Nordicstar"]Wow, that's great. Thanks to Marcinho and all other drivers/teams for this cool championship. And thanks to Zegarek for great racing on track and the organization of this compo off track. It was my honor to drive here. Weeee are the champioooons, my frieeeends :flip: :winner: [/quote]
Last edited by zgr on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello.