Mini GP Season 2 [R] [TT] [HL] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Mini GP Season 2 [R] [TT] [HL] [Login]

Post by Mad Dan »

Mini GP Season 2
:: LOGIN ::
Introduction
Mini GP Season 2 is a short competition held on small scale circuits inspired by their real world counterparts. We will race with an original formula car - Mini GP made by Krisu.
All rounds will be availabile until respective deadlines since start of the season.

If you want to join, just send an e-mail to dan.grmfed@gmail.com, make a post in this thread or send me a Private Message with necessary information, which are:
1. name
2. nationality
3. name of team (or 'privateer') - max 3 drivers in a team
4. e-mail address, where can be sent a nick and a password for login

Calendar:
Season includes four rounds, each round consists of a race, hotlap and timetrial during one login.

1st round - Brands Hatch [R] & Le Mans [TT] & Mexico City [HL]: from 2nd to 9th Jul. 2017
2nd round - Salzburgring [R] & Zandvoort [TT] & Norisring [HL]: from 2nd to 16th Jul. 2017
3rd round - Oschersleben [R] & Monza [TT] & Mallory Park [HL]: from 2nd to 23rd Jul. 2017
4th round - Dijon [R] & Nurburgring [TT] & Thruxton [HL]: from 2nd Jul to 1st Aug. 2017

Trackmakers
Brands Hatch [Bro's Hatch by AleksiNir] & Le Mans [Hunaudières by Dragon] & Mexico City [Mexico WT by BBA]
Salzburgring [Salzburger by Darjo] & Zandvoort [Zandfaart by Darjo] & Norisring [Norrisring by Emil Patanen]
Oschersleben [Schreslb by AleksiNir] & Monza [Minza NC by XYY] & Mallory Park [Kirkby by Dragon]
Dijon [Prejon by Jak GR] & Nurburgring [Minburgring by BBA] & Thruxton [Throughston by Emil Patanen]
Mini GP car [Krisu]
Each round term ends at GMT 23:59.59

Rules:
For all rounds is used a login system. Login time (predefined time period for delivering files) is race time + 5 minutes for file delivery.
Files are uploaded at a login page, in case of problems they can be send to dan.grmfed@gmail.com.

Game settings:
a. race length: 10 km for Race, 7 km for Time Trial and 5 laps for Hot Lap
b. tyre wear: 10%
c. fuel consumption: 15%
d. fuel mass: 25kg,
e. damage: 15%
f. number of opponents: 5 official AIs for race and 0 for both Time Trial and Hot Lap.
g. car for driver: Mini GP included in official gamepack.

Mandatory files are:
a. screenshots (.bmp), which were made in moment of showing standings screen by pressing key F11 or F12,
b. .gam files with replay saved as name of the driver-track name (maddan-lemans-tt).
c .trk files
d. all files in a single zip for the full round

Login works like this:
With your login (name) and passwork you log in at the webpage, you recive official tracks used for the round in a .zip file.
You will then unzip the file in your tracks folder and do all race, time trial and hotlap, saving and taking the screenshot at each finish standings screen.
Then you zip all the tracks, saves and screens from the round and upload this zip into the webpage.

Points are awarded to drivers separately for each race to the first 15 finishers in following order: 25-20-16-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.
Points are awarded to drivers separately for each hotlap and timetrial to the first 10 finishers in following order: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.

A champion of Drivers Championship is the driver, who scored most points in sum of all rounds.
A champion of Teams Championship is the team, which scored most points in sum of all rounds (sum of points got by two better team drivers for each hotlap and race).

Download:
Download gamepack for this competition.

Entry List:
Destiny Racing
Image kuba
Image thor97
Image Buka

Lambda Motosports
Image Gzehoo

Storm Racing
Image Mad Dan
Image Herbal
Image Marcinho

privateers
Image Aluce
Image Szmajli
Image SPL
Image Lorenzo
Image Katy

:cflag:
Last edited by Mad Dan on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Mini GP Season 2 [R] [TT] [HL] [Login]

Post by Marcinho »

I am in. I will try drive all rounds.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

Looks fun and interesting. It has been a long time since I joined an event here, so, excuse a few silly questions...
- The gamepack appears to have all relevant options set up as in your post. I assume this includes the AIs?
- What exactly is the difference between hotlap and time trial? Only the km/laps format?
- Can you explain briefly how the submission process works?

As for the last question, I remember roughly, but I want to be sure, so I won't be surprised :) You will send me an URL and a password at the start of the round, with which I can download the actual track. Once I do login, I must race and send back data, within a certain timeframe (race length plus some lenience), as to make sure I get only one "real attempt", like in actual real life races. A valid submission to you is by taking a screenshot with the results screen, saving the replay, and sending those two things along with the track itself, zipped using your special zipper, back to you (by e-mail, PM here, or will I see where to do it after logging in?). Speaking of which, how does this zipper work? If I open it, it gives some errors, saying it can see no track, although there is a track in the pack, albeit in subfolders. Would I need to put the actual race track somewhere specifically?

Thanks in advance. I'm definitely interested in joining :)

I'm not currently in a team or anything. I raced one race before, apparently I was in Green Wings Racing. Here's my GWR profile.
Image Aluce
Racing number: #22
E-mail address: avdg.lucerna@gmail.com

Let me know if you need more info.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Welcome guys :).
To answer your questions:
Hotlap is basically a lot like qualification, what matters is the best lap you make and nothing else, Time Trial is like race without AI drivers - what matters is the overall time.

With your login (name) and passwork you log in at the webpage, you recive official tracks used for the round in a .zip file.
You will then unzip the file in your tracks folder and do all race, time trial and hotlap, saving and taking the screenshot at each finish standings screen.
Then you zip all the tracks, saves and screens from the round and upload this zip into the webpage, you will see how to upload it.
You don't necessarily need to use that zip program, just any zipper will be fine.

The AI drivers in the official pack are those right to use :).
Attachments
login.png
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Well, I'm far off the pace and I'll be most likely to be the last. I might not even start in all the races. But then, let's give it a try! :mrgreen:

Herbal
HUN
herczegb1117 :flip: gmail . com
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

Those races are going to be tough. It's not easy to have a good start. Gave a few tracks a go with the AIs and I often risk getting some damage unless I give way and lose a few seconds deliberately. :ouch:

I'll place my bets on the hotlaps and time trials.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

I'm in.

Gzehoo
Poland
Lambda Motosports
gzehoo92@interia.pl
Last edited by Gzehoo on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Szmajli also joined :).
Races might be challenging, but with practice I'm confident you can run away from the AI drivers :bg:.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

As everybody joins as privateer, I decided also to resign from starting under my team.
Lambda Motosports

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

Mad Dan wrote:Races might be challenging, but with practice I'm confident you can run away from the AI drivers :bg:.
It depends largely on the track for me. In Salzburg it is very easy to do so; a decent start and you're gone. And once you're free from the AIs it is of course pretty easy to stay ahead and increase the distance.
But Oscher and Dijon... especially Oscher with the crazy way the AI slams through that first corner! Yikes!

That brings me to another question, race-technical. What is the policy about intentional wall-bouncing? And AI-bouncing (to make sharper turns, or to eliminate AIs)? Of course, you risk taking damage, but it can be a big benefit. In Oscher, in the first lap and turn, it happened a few times during practice already that an AI ended up being knocked over the wall and ended stuck on the other side unable to go back, therefore being essentially eliminated for the rest of the race.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

AI bouncing is allright with me and wallbouncing pretty much is as well I think. I have never noticed anybody getting unfair advantage by wallbouncing. Crashing into AIs is the nature of GeneRally for me :D.
AleksiNir and Jak GR have incredible AI line skills :nod:.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'm in:

1. kuba
2. Polish
3. Destiny Racing
4. kuba.generally@gmail.com
Buka

Post by Buka »

Buka
UKR
avodianyi@gmail.com

I would like to join a team, which wouldn't have high hopes on me :roll:
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Not really new here but this is my first post
and would love to join
1. thor97
2. Canadian
3. privateer
4. thorf1nhl@gmail.com
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Welcome Buka and thor97 :wave:.

I have set up a test login which you can try to be sure you know how its going to work :bg:.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Again changed my decision.

I'll start under Lambda Motosports.

If anybody wants to join my team - go ahead.
Lambda Motosports

Aluce

Post by Aluce »

Mad Dan wrote:Welcome Buka and thor97 :wave:.

I have set up a test login which you can try to be sure you know how its going to work :bg:.
The test login brings me to a 403 Forbidden page generated by what I assume is your host (webzdarma), in some Slavic language. Your host appears to block POST requests from certain (all foreign?) countries. :ouch:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I see, I have moved the webpage to different hosting :) thanks for reporting, I should've checked that but it just didn't occur to me :D.
Login page
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

The login is fixed now. Thanks!
A few more details... the schedule shows July 2nd as the starting date for each batch of races at once. I doubt that's what you mean. :D
Secondly... each round consists of three races, which are to be done during one login. So that means I have to do all three tracks quickly in a row? That's brutal, but interesting. I assume the order in which I race the tracks is irrelevant for the legitimacy of the entries.
Finally... how about the points rewarded for the time trials? Those aren't listed.

Sorry to be such a pain in the butt ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It is what I mean, you will be able to do all rounds since the start of the season in case you are not able to race because of holidays or anything :).
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'd like to officially welcome thor97 in Destiny Racing!
kuba

Post by kuba »

Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Login system has been set up for all the signed up racers.
All rounds are ready now so you can start racing when it is good for you :).

The first rounds deadline is on 9th July 2017
1st round - Brands Hatch [R] & Le Mans [TT] & Mexico City [HL]

Good luck to all racers :bg:

:greenfg:
Aluce

Post by Aluce »

So I've been practicing, and I notice quite often that when I finish the race, the game will actually skip the results screen! In the case of the race, it skipped the race results and went on to the championship results right away.
Is this a known bug and is there an easy way to fix it?
It doesn't happen all the time, and I've yet to figure out when it does and when it doesn't happen. I've tried letting go of all keys as soon as I pass the finish line, to make sure it's not caused by an accidental keypress, but to no avail.

After another test race for the first round, I got to a results screen successfully. However, it shows an average speed and not total completion time. I assume that it is not a problem...
On this test run, I managed to run away from the AI drivers fairly quickly and managed to 1-lap two drivers near the end :cool2: So I feel a bit more confident about it now.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It always shows average speed. Try a new installment of GR, to see if your skipping problem still exists, otherwise I have not came across this problem at all :).