[cir]Soyo International Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Gabs_

[cir]Soyo International Circuit

Post by Gabs_ »

Hi! Well, this is my first track for game. I know the track is ugly, but is my first. I hope you enjoy :D !

Edit: I edited somethings in track

Update 0.1: Now the track is bigger and have a new type of track: The Oval. Soyo1 is now the oval track, follow the blue cones to take the correct way. Thanks for downloading Soyo for your game!
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Soyo.zip
(16.96 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by Gabs_ on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
puttz

Re: Soyo International Circuit

Post by puttz »

Hi gabs, please add tags to your topic title as required by forum rules. I'd suggest using the [cir] tag.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Kikwik

Re: [cir]Soyo International Circuit

Post by Kikwik »

Hello Gabs_ and welcome ! :wave:

Well, I downloaded your track mainly by curiosity and thanks to your screenshot which shows incredible lap records ! (less than 1 second ?! :shock: :P )

So in Track Editor, I saw you put only one checkpoint for the whole layout. You may put your first checkpoint when there is a curve and let enough space in the exterior, less in the interior to avoid cheating, with your last checkpoint on your finish line, like the screen below :
Checkpoints.PNG
You may put also some objects like sunk tyres or bushes (with some sand but not strictly necessary) inside the checkpoints, again to avoid cheating.

Also, you put in reverse order the starting positions, so when you start a race, the first one you put on the list will always start at the last place.

And I think you made AI line with the Track Editor, but you may make some laps on your circuit first, then return to Track Editor and import AI line. It will be better that way.

The layout is ok, no problem on it. Good worldsize.

The only thing which really disturbed me is the fact that you surrender your layout by soft walls and trees. Trees, if put at random places on the map, would feel so much more natural, and you don't have to worry too much about cars leaving the circuit. Deleting the soft walls is a good idea, without removing the fun.

It's much or less technical matters, but it will greatly improve your track and people will enjoy your creation more.

You may learn how to do dithering on the tutorial section, and how to fill those empty places all around your track and some basic tips to create a track. Some software like Gimp or GRMHEdit may be really useful later if you want to continue.

Please fix these problems and please keep up your efforts on your trackmaking. It will be worth it. :bg:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database