[ral] [roa] Ribadelles Rally

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Glaubb_

[ral] [roa] Ribadelles Rally

Post by Glaubb_ »

Hello people !!!!

Today I bring you my newest project
a rally track based on the Ribadelles stage in Spain. This is an iconic track in the Dirt Rally game, with dangerous canyons and a very narrow and winding asphalt road.
(A GREAT CHALLENGE)
download and have fun, say what you think in the comments !!!
creation time: 1 week
programs used: MSPaint, Hmap Edit, and Generally TrackEditor, of course
Attachments
Ribadelles.rar
(104.7 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
foto pista.PNG
Kikwik

Re: [ral] [roa] Ribadelles Rally

Post by Kikwik »

Wow Glaubb_ it's really good and you have real skills in trackmaking ! :bg:

It's your third track only, and it's looks like you've been here since months or years !

Dirt was the best rally game I played few years ago, and this rally stage was my favorite because it's fast, it's technical and the atmosphere was pleasing.

Looking at the screenshot makes me want to test it right away (nice palette you used here, the appeal is really effective ! :yummy: ). The scenery once again is gorgeous and I noticed your clever use of small hedges, which looks like little bushes in this big worldsize. Nice idea you had here !

Playing it is challenging (why the rallycar in GR isn't the drift car ? :P ) but rewarding when we want to beat our record. The road is narrow as you said and that was the main aspect of this stage in Dirt game and that's well reproduced here in your track, and much appreciated. :goodvibes:

I remembered a lot more dust in this stage, but my memory may be corrupted. :scratch: Launch recovery program... car crash miserably on the wall, spectators afraid... :D
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

I´m very happy with the positive feedback !!! Is wonderfull that you recognize the idea of using hedges for representing bushes :D :D :bg:

The Subaru impreza 2005 by Hormous is a good car for this track !!!
Hamlets

Post by Hamlets »

What makes the 2005 Impreza a good car for this track?

I really like the track btw!
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

I don't wanna know why Subaru is a good car for this track, but my best time there is with
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Looking great, man. You're clearly going on the right path! :clap:
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

MidnightRunner wrote:Looking great, man. You're clearly going on the right path! :clap:
thank you so much
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

You have done great effort Glaubb. :bg: I can see big progress in your track making skills :goodvibes:

But (in my honest opinion) there is a lot of sand used in Lmap surroundings and it looks a little bit odd :shy:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

FRUKIScze wrote:You have done great effort Glaubb. :bg: I can see big progress in your track making skills :goodvibes:

But (in my honest opinion) there is a lot of sand used in Lmap surroundings and it looks a little bit odd :shy:
thanks for the positive feedback.
in the rally stage that i am based to create this track, the amout of sand is too much, and i try to represent this
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Glaubb_ wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:You have done great effort Glaubb. :bg: I can see big progress in your track making skills :goodvibes:

thanks for the positive feedback.
in the rally stage that i am based to create this track, the amout of sand is too much, and i try to represent this

You are right. I play dirt rally from time to time and I can say you did a great job of making this track to GR. :bg: So the amount of sand is probably right, it just catches my eyes a lot. :2c:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Nice to see a new trackmaker around here. :) Your tracks seem very nice for first efforts but this was the favorite of mine. I've always enjoyed good tarmac stages, and there are never enough of them. :D

The scenery looks nice and the stage drives well. Also good hmap work! :)

Just something about the POV. In GR, when you move away from the default zoom/rotation settings, it depends largely on the resolution what you see. I often start GR in a 1024x768 window (strange old habit but helps me when I work on a new track and jump back and forth from TE) but couldn't see much here. Then I changed to my native resolution 1680x1050 but still couldn't see the car and part of the track. Third attempt at 1600x900 window then worked.

Hope you keep making new tracks, you have a very good start. :bg:
Glaubb_

Post by Glaubb_ »

Is a honor for me receive a comment by you man. I have a lot of tracks mades by you, and i take a lot of inspiration