GRPL F1, F2 & F3 Spring Season 2020 [HL+TT] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Kikwik

Re: GRPL F1, F2 & F3 Season 2020 [HL+TT] [Login]

Post by Kikwik »

Breaking news ! :hammer:

+++ Here comes a new driver !! +++

Darian, a turkish driver, joins F3 and is ready to drive ! :drive:

It might not be the easiest track to begin with, but it shows his guts to haven't waited for an easy one.

Plus it's not the first time he played to GR and even if he's not in the GWR (GeneRally World Ranking), anything can be expected from this new challenger.

F3 competition becomes more and more fierce despite being the last and easiest racing category of this season. Great battle for podium ahead !

Don't know for you, but I'm really excited of the outcomes of this race and eager to watch it, for each racing category. :hyper:

See you and stay tuned ! :coffee:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Kikwik wrote:See you and stay tuned ! :coffee:
You look tired, I think you work so hard as a GRPL ambassador that with those bags under your eyes you look almost like our Minister of Health nowadays (actually, he's always looked like that so it's not due his current workload but people are buying it).

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

:rofl: You make me laugh so hard !

It's even more laughable when you said that this man is your Minister of Health. What a good representation of what the health in Poland looks like ! :P

Yeah maybe this smiley :coffee: is not really appropriate when we say "stay tuned !", haha ! I thought about commentators with their sheet of paper and their eternal and essential coffee and chose this one, as I didn't find a smiley talking with a micro.

But maybe this one will do the trick better : :goal:

:D

Serginho

Post by Serginho »

FRUKIScze wrote:I'm glad to see some familiar names back on track :bg: Thank you Serginho! I really needed that luck to stay P1 with that margin to P2. I hope we can show some good and fair battles without any penalties in race :boxing: , so fans will be entertained and we could see more Czech GPs in the future. :cool2:
It's a pity you missed your home GP this season already :kickcan:
I'm back. Until when? I don't know. But the fact is, I'm here to have fun and try to be one more in the battle for victories. And I really hope that little things don't take away the shine of the races, nor the motivation of the drivers.
I have great affection for GeneRally and for everyone who is here and does do not allow that the light of this "universe" extinguish. This is the reason why I joined you again.
SR|12
Mszostus

Post by Mszostus »

Kikwik good job! Maybe next driver join !
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks Mszostus ! :)

Talking about new drivers...

Paopao from Thailand comes to replace Torres who can't compete right now, in the F3 racing division. He will team up with Art1st in the Carlin's team and will surely be trained efficiently by this skilled driver.

Always in F3, IAm_Sappy88 from Italy is coming too and surely as a privateer, as all teams have their drivers from now. Welcome ! :)

We wish them a good race in Brno and lot of luck for this technical racing track and for their first time with us ! :bg:

We are happy to have many drivers who join us for fun lately ! F3 racing division have unlimited seats to take, and there are all levels of drivers to compete with. So feel free to join anytime ! :bsmile:

In F2, even if Serginho is not in the entry list, he's here as a privateer. So don't be surprised not finding him on the entry list while he has results. And what results ! He would be ahead of FRUKIScze without those penalties. It may not be always the case so watch out ! Serginho is back, Serginho is here, here for victory !

In F1, no changes and Yankess may be alone representing his team in the race. It's so sad. But it can bring him a double amount of energy to compensate for the lack of a teammate. We'll see how it will happen during the race.

See you this evening for the race, surely tomorrow for results... and stay tuned ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 5 : Czech Republic GP - Race :

F1 Results :
R5 - F1 - Results.png
F2 Results :
R5 - F2 - Results.png
F3 Results :
R5 - F3 - Results.png
Links for video of the race (Same as Germany GP, if you have problems with colors, please try 720p instead) (Forgot to add the videos, sorry guys :sweatdrop: ) :

F1
F2
F3

What a race my friends, what a race ! :goal: Lot of things happened and here's the main events in each racing division :

F1 : Lorenzo and Tinjovic offered to us a great battle for 1st place, from the beginning to the end. Compared to the other drivers it was like 2 bullets shot in full speed, like a 1.5x speed. Vertiginous ! :o Despite a chaotic pit entry and some generous kisses to hay bales, Tinjovic stayed in the shadows of Lorenzo. May he gain 1st place next race ? Mike Nike followed his teammate in 3rd place. Ziwi and Don Matteo from the Racing Point's team made a great race too, but unluckily Don Matteo was disqualified due to a wrong tires setting. Ziwi learned from its previous race than eating dinner after the race is better to not add additional weight to his car. :D JohnQ have a good 5th place.

F2 : Bad luck for FRUKIScze who only have 3rd place (may had a lot of pressure on his home turf, always difficult to stay cool in this situation) and Mszostus took the lead by a large margin followed by Gzehoo. Bad luck too for Pablinho who may grab 2nd place but was disqualified for the same reasons than Don Matteo. Goat and Pexxo literally jumped ahead of their opponents by taking 8 places from their qualifying place. Serginho, Brodaty, Alonsomania and Sartalas were competitive during all the race and are placed well in the standings.

F3 : First of all, the new drivers Paopao and IAm_Sappy88 didn't took part of the race, as they sign up lately, and as such didn't have time to train properly. We'll see them hopefully on the next races instead.
Once again Art1st takes the lead and by a large margin too, followed by darq but bad luck also here, as he took penalty and ended to 5th position. Kikwik takes his 2nd place, as he didn't believe his luck. :sweatdrop: He's followed by Roch95 who made a wonderful ascent and Dime took 4th place, an encouraging results for future races. Gimpek unfortunately falls behind despite his amazing results in quali. Davi and Molendix had a surprising boost as they "eaten" their lateness from quali to take respectively 8th and 9th place. Bad luck too for K20. who may gain some points this time but as he wanted to impress some girls waving him in the stands, has started to make a drift at the start-finish line, letting 2 of his opponents take their share of the points. We don't know yet if this showiness have made a significant impact on those girls, but what happened next is not of our business. :D Darian the newcomer drove well despite his starting place but his crash into a wall have disturbed his race and finished last. We may only praise his fighting spirit as he finished the race despite this and we wish him better luck for next races. :bg:

We only wish that next races would be as exciting as this one was ! :heyea:

I also want to excuse myself to you if your name is not here. There's lot of drivers and I really can't cover each one of you. Keep your efforts though. :)

See you next week on 7th of May in Hungary, Hungaroring, and take your well earned rest drivers, after this difficult and exhausting track. :sleeping:

It was Kikwik, commentator of GRPL Discord server for GRPL F1, F2 and F3 season. :)
Last edited by Kikwik on Mon May 04, 2020 7:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Quite a lot of changes in the entry list and teams after the Czech GP.

F1 : Marcinho has finally found his driver for his Renault team with Serginho who was previously from F2 and had already good results in Brno. We'll see how it will turn in F1.

F2 : Leaving of Serginho to F1 and Pablinho is in the Hitech team with Alonsomania. Opening of a new Art team with no drivers for the moment, and darq is coming to F2 leaving F3, team up with FRUKIScze in MP Motorsport team. 2 free slots for F2.

F3 : darq leaving F3, Paopao and resir014 paired in Hitech team, first all asian team of GRPL history. Torres come back with Art1st in Carlin team. Finally a new team, Trident, is opening with one driver already, IAm_Sappy88. Dan from F2 is coming to F3 in Art team with Dime.

See you and stay tuned ! :goal:

Next time I will put important news and informations when commenting on the season in race presentations, quali and race, instead of fragmented news like this one and the previous ones.

Commentator in training, that's why. Excitement about this season got me. :sweatdrop:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

At this point it may be great to have the standings of the season so far, so here it is :

Standings Drivers F1 :
Standings Drivers F1.png
Standings Drivers F2 :
Standings Drivers F2.png
Standings Drivers F3 :
Standings Drivers F3.png

Maybe some comments :

F1 : Seems that 1st place is booked by Lorenzo and 2nd place by Tinjovic. No way to change them from another place from the beginning, and we'll see if this trend will continue for the next races. 3rd place is took by Mike Nike, but he struggled to grab firmly his place with his opponents just behind him in points, like Yankess, JohnQ, Ziwi, Matrak and Fastest, who are fighting hard for points, and having a DQ didn't helped him either. Have to keep our eyes on what will happen next.

F2 : Struggle is real here, and it's always interesting to watch a F2 race as we don't know for sure who will take the podium. For the moment Mszostus is on 1st place with already 3 victories, 1 second place and one 3rd place at his assets without leaving the podium once since the beginning. Brodaty is just behind with 2 victories and one 3rd place, despite having a race with no points. Gzehoo is really near of Brodaty with 3 podiums, watch out to FRUKIScze just behind. Sartalas may be higher if he started sooner in F2 and Team Campos with Qwerz and Lerhond is not far away. The new driver Pablinho is a serious threat despite his late arrival, seeing his impressive results. There's lot of skilled drivers here and the season will not be a calm and quiet river for our F2 drivers, but it's absolutely thrilling for us spectators !

F3 : Coming from nowhere, striking like a thunder, Art1st is winning 1st place race after race and is at the top of the F3 standings.
Who is he ?
This question arose many times, as it's so strange for a new member to have so much skills. Is it a joke from an F1 or F2 driver with double account ? Is he an old member who hide his identity and participated many times at competitions ? Or did he trained really hard alone and did he participated for the first time ever ? Is he someone totally new to the GR community, trained really hard and is victorious for the first time ever at his first competition ?
We don't know. Future will surely tells us the answer.
Behind him is Kikwik, a new driver too, who don't leave the podium too often, and Goat was his rival until his departure on F2. Gimpek and Dime are behind, while Roch95 climb the ladder little by little despite his late. Pat from F2 may give some hard times at the contenders.

And now for teams !
Last edited by Kikwik on Tue May 05, 2020 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Standings Teams F1 :
Standings Teams F1.png
Standings Teams F2 :
Standings Teams F2.png
Standings Teams F3 :
Standings Teams F3.png
F1 : Mercedes and Haas have an amazing teamwork in each team, as each driver bring his share of the points. As such, there's a huge gap between them from the other teams (near 100 points !).
Racing Point, Red Bull, Renault and Ferrari try to grab 3rd place, while McLaren and Alfa Romeo are at the back.

F2 : The podium is settled, but the places are unsecured. Prema is first, followed by HWA Racelab and Charouz. Campos team is behind along with MP Motorsport. At the back are Hitech, Carlin and UNI-Virtuosi.

F3 : Carlin is way ahead of the other teams, while Campos, HWA Racelab and Prema are behind. ART, Jenzer, MP Motorsport, Charouz and Hitech are at the back.

Don't have much more to say... :sweatdrop: Next races will surely bring their lot of surprises, so stay with us for the next part of the season ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 6 - Hungary GP :
Hungaroring_logo.png
R6 - F1.png
R6 - F2.png
R6 - F3.png
Named "The Turnstile" by some, named also "Monaco without the buildings" by others, Hungaroring don't let our drivers rest on their super-sized bed in their deluxe hotel, no ! With its twisty and bumpy corners, and its dusty track, it will not be a piece of delicious cake. :scared:

Drivers certainly concentrate to define their perfect driving line and pit strategy in their bedroom. During training sessions there must be a lot of speech in each team. I heard someone yelling during a test drive while I was interviewing some staff and I failed to avoid a bolt which I don't know yet if it was intended to me or someone else. Tension is palpable, and painful. :ouch:

Brno was exhausting for everyone, but Hungaroring may be as demanding. We wish them good luck as always, and we can expect some great surprises in each racing divisions.

Waiting for qualifications, stay tuned ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 6 - Hungary GP : Qualifications :

F1 Results :
Q6 - F1 Results.png
F2 Results :
Q6 - F2 Results.png
F3 Results :
Q6 - F3 Results.png
F1 : Really tight results here on a whole, with a 1st place by Tinjovic who's a little ahead of the pack. He have to watch his back with Lorenzo just behind, Matrak, Serginho and Ziwi following them by little margin.
F2 : Pablinho made a good quali as expected from his previous performances. Surprising place for Qwerz ! What happened ?! :o And awesome ascent from darq who takes 3rd place. Mszostus and FRUKIScze are just behind.
F3 : Surprising 1st place and 1st PP of the season for Kikwik who generally always screwed up his quali, Art1st just behind and incredible time for ZephirPFS47 ! :shock: who shares the same time as Pat, Gimpek is only 1ms behind them.
Very surprising results in all racing divisions ! May be promising for the races. Good luck everyone, see you sunday for the videos and monday for results.

Also you may wonder what those "R" stands for in F3 Results, that didn't appeared previously. Well in fact it means "Rookie" and good news for them, GRPL Admins decided to create a scoring points system separated from the main competition especially for them (1 point for last place, 2 points for the place ahead, etc. Points will be awarded for PP and Fastest lap among Rookies as well). They may also gain points in the main competition too. New rookies drivers appreciated this nice idea and it will surely be encouraging for them to grab some points and make the best out of them. More infos on our discord, in #F3 Comments.

Maybe this new Rookie Championship will attract some new drivers... :scratch: (You are most welcome guys ! :goodvibes: )

Stay tuned ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 6 - Hungary GP : Race :

Links for movies will come midweek.

F1 Results :
R6 - F1 Results.png
F2 Results :
R6 - F2 Results.png
F3 Results :
R6 - F3 Results.png

F1 : Lorenzo and Tinjovic stick to their place, 1st and 2nd in order, while Fastest takes 3rd place followed by Matrak and JohnQ. Unfortunately, Mike Nike and Serginho made a terrible race at Hungaroring, we hope that they will be better soon.
F2 : Pablinho loses his 1st place of quali and takes 2nd place, while Mszostus takes 1st place. Brodaty, Qwerz and the former F3 driver goat follow. darq made a vertiginous descent into the very back of the pack. May something happened ?
F3 : Kikwik loses his 1st place of quali too, stealed by the voracious driver art1st who only want gold. Pat replaced efficiently goat by taking 3rd place while Gimpek and Roch95 are behind. Worth mentioning ZephirPFS47 for his great performance in this race. Looking rookies, IAmSappy88 takes the lead, followed not far away by Darian. These 2 drivers are promising, as they surely put all their heart in race, and have beaten some veterans drivers. We'll see how far they will climb the ladder, but for now, they can be proud of themselves, keep your efforts guys ! :bg:
Each race has his lot of surprises. It will surely be the case again in the next track in Korea, Inje Speedium.
I wasn't really inspired for comments, lot of things to do aside of this and trying to train to the max for the next track. ;)

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 7 : South Korea GP
Inje Speedium - Logo.png
Inje Speedium - Logo.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
R7 - F1.png
R7 - F2.png
R7 - F3.png
Inje Speedium is a really recent track, built in 2013 and is part of a large complex of hotels and condominiums. If you look carefully, that said, tilt your head on your left, the layout may appear to you on the shape of a seahorse. The circuit can be divided in two different racing tracks that may operate simultaneously. Car racing in korean is translated by 자동차 경주 or Jadongcha gyungju.
I'm absolutely dried of informations. :?

Well an exciting layout for F1 and F2, and a challenging race for F3 where drivers may struggle to make a difference here. As always, good luck to everyone and see you thursday for the quali !

See you and stay tuned ! :goal:
Last edited by Kikwik on Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Standings - Drivers :

F1 :
Standings Drivers F1.png
F2 :
Standings Drivers F2.png
F3 :
Standings Drivers F3.png

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Standings - Teams :

F1 :
Standings Teams F1.png
F2 :
Standings Teams F2.png
F3 :
Standings Teams F3.png

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

I think that I've fallen in love with the second sector (fast flowing left-right-left-right) or maybe with the whole track in general :flip:
My LS time is more than a +0,3s off my best training lap time, so I don't really expect much from this quali.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

The entire track is gold, very unique layout, I felt the same about Highlands (New Zealand last season). Maciej1 picks really interesting circuits from all around the world.
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 7 - Korea GP : Qualifications :

F1 Results :
Q - F1 - Results.png
F2 Results :
Q - F2 - Results.png
F3 Results :
Q - F3 - Results.png
No surprises in F1 and F2, apart from goat in F2 who have a good position in 4th place for quali.

F3 is more surprising, as the track is very small, with Roch95 who took the lead with an impressive FL, followed by Art1st, and Darian the rookie ! Pat is behind and another rookie IAmSappy88 who took 5th place. See rookies ? All is possible with training.

Good luck to all drivers for their race on Inje Speedium and most importantly... have fun ! :)

See you sunday for results and races videos on Discord and all results monday here on GRIF.

Last edited by Kikwik on Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

1-2 for Haas in F1 and PP for MP Motorsport in F3 :bg:
Only our F2 division is slighly behind :sweatdrop:
Very successful quali for the team in Korea. :cool:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks for your support FRUKIScze here on GRIF for the competition, it's nice to have some comments on the event from the drivers themselves. :)

Indeed, your teams are doing great for Korea but also for this season as well. You have good drivers in each racing division. I'm quite happy to have Roch95 1st on quali in F3 as he may finally put an end to Art1st's domination. Same for Tinjovic, hope for him that he will score a 1st place for once, as it may be so annoying for him to always have second place (Good place though, but may still be annoying).

In F2 it may be discouraging or exciting to have so many good drivers. Wish you the best FRUKIScze, as you're not far from victory in your last races. Hope you will make a game-changing here. :bg:

As for me I really did my best on this track for the race, and I'm eagerly waiting for results tonight. 8th place is really far away from podium, and don't expect really much to reach it, but I was consistent in my race like I would, and wish that it will give me a good place overall. :sweatdrop:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 7 - Korea GP : Race :

F1 Results :
R7 - F1 - Results.png
F2 Results :
R7 - F2 - Results.png
F3 Results :
R7 - F3 - Results.png
F1 : Finally Team Haas win 1st and 2nd place of this championship ! I can't imagine their joy right now ! They're followed by Matrak in 3rd place and Lorenzo takes 4th position, no surprise for him as he knew he'll not be on podium this time. Fastest takes 5th position for the name of Ferrari (may have been third, but due to stupid penalty, he only have this place).
F2 : After many unlucky races, Pablinho at last takes his well-earned 1st place. If he continues like that, he may takes the lead in the next races of the season. Mszostus has 2nd place and discover a competitor worthy of him. Brodaty made a bang in the standings, taking 3rd place from the bottom of the ladder and is followed by goat and Qwerz.
F3 : "Attack of the Rookies" with much or less success, may describe well this F3 race. Art1st got 1st place again, Roch95 has not secured his place and landed on 2nd. Pat is 3rd, showing his former F2 skills. Gimpek may has 4th but like Fastest in F1, didn't made it due to penalty and took 8th place instead (may be proud of his fastest lap though). Darian the rookie takes 4th, luckily to him because Davi Doido, another rookie, may took 3rd place if he wasn't disqualified. Too bad for him but better luck next time, we hope for him. Dime takes 5th place. IAmSappy88 who got good results fall behind in 7th, maybe too much pressure for his 1st race, but he may still be proud of himself, as he shows to everyone that he can overtake well established F3 drivers. resir014 keeps his 12th place quali, Paopao made his best but it was not enough to pierce through the competition which become more and more fierce. Torres and Timo didn't start, and we can't tell if Timo will create a bang like Darian did, if he don't even begin a race.

Korea GP was also special for one specific reason ; it marks the first victories from non-polish drivers : Tinjovic in F1 from Netherlands and Pablinho in F2 from Argentina.

No videos for Hungary nor Korea. :ouch: Please use instead the replays which were modified to show Top6, 6-11 and remaining pack, 3 files in total to watch on GeneRally.

But stay tuned for Japan GP ! :goal:
Last edited by Kikwik on Mon May 18, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Round 8 - Japan GP :
Okayama - Logo.jpg
R8 - F1.png
R8 - F2.png
R8 - F3.png
Okayama, also known first as TI Aida (Tanaka International, the company who made the circuit and Aida for the nearest village), has been made as a luxury private exotic cars club., then host the first Britain race, that's why most of the corners are named from english names. After it hosts is first and second F1 GP but stopped being held due to the remote location of the circuit.
In 2005 it was bought by Unimat who renamed the track as Okayama International Circuit. Lot of racing championships were held and continue to be held on this circuit nowadays.

3 races left and not much time to grab points ! We can expect lot of training from our drivers to deliver their best in these last GP. :drive:

There will be rain for F1 and F2, must have to be careful not to take wrong tires, and have to make sure that they master the track accordingly, like in Germany.

As always, quali results thursday on Discord and friday here on GRIF.

So once again, stay tuned ! :goal:

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Drivers standings after Korea GP :

F1 :
Standings Drivers F1.png
F2 :
Standings Drivers F2.png
F3 :
Standings Drivers F3.png
Some comments :

F1 :"Finally !", that's what Tinjovic may have said when he looked at his results for Korea GP. :D Lorenzo have first place since the beginning of the competition, but with Tinjovic always in his back, putting the pressure to the max, it may be hard to keep the place until the end of the championship. At least we can salute his remarkable results since the beginning. 3rd place is unsecured for Mike Nike, as lot of drivers want to claim it and are very near to him regarding points.

F2 :"Here comes a new challenger !" : Pablinho is ready to fight, and even if he begun late the competition and messed his previous 2 races, he may make a formidable opponent for Mszostus who's taking the lead here. F2 was already challenging enough, it becomes more and more interesting. Brodaty placed well at his last race in a big bang from behind and have a pretty good 2nd position in the standings. 3rd place is taken by FRUKIScze but like in F1, it may be really hard to keep it with Gzehoo, Qwerz and Pablinho who's rocketing from the back.

F3 :"Champion !" Lorenzo declared Art1st as the winner of the F3 championship, regarding points in the standings. It's a perfect season for him since the beginning, and may continue until the end. May someone stop him in next races ? Some drivers was near to do it, but thanks to few ms of difference he stayed away from other places than 1st. Kikwik is in 2nd place and despite an awful race in Korea where he managed to try and salvage a good place anyway, he didn't left the podium quite often. Like F1 and F2, 3rd place taken by Gimpek is unsecured, as Roch95 is like a Pablinho in F3 and several drivers like Dime, Pat and even new rookies like Darian and IAmSappy88 are piercing through the pack.

Apart from 1st place in F3 which is confirmed, all other places are to be secured in next races. Will we have some surprising results ? May drivers from the back will wake up and deliver all their guts on the track ? (I was not thinking about vomit, just to be clear :mrgreen: ).

So far I can say that was an exciting season, really challenging all the time, and very fun. Each one of the driver who participated can be proud of themselves, as each one contributed to make it a memorable season. Yes, even those who don't have much points or zero points gave something to this championship, or gained something more after this. Winning isn't everything and you have always chances in next races. Plus, it's a great joy to drive together, no matter for the points.

Hope my comments were ok so far, made my best. :sweatdrop:
Last edited by Kikwik on Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Teams standings after Korea GP :

F1 :
Standings Teams F1.png
F2 :
Standings Teams F2.png
F3 :
Standings Teams F3.png