[cir] Seguna Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
aliman

[cir] Seguna Circuit

Post by aliman »

Seguna Circuit is an old school circuit somewhere in the European countryside. Situated in the middle of fields, the track has modest facilities having never been updated to current regulations. Still, Seguna remains a favorite for fans and drivers alike. The track has a nice flow to it and a modest hmap, some even say it is like an older and smaller version of Sepang F1 circuit.

Track is not rwl, despite my little "backstory" :)
I've only recently started paying attention to hmaps, so to you the hmap may seem modest but by my standards it is already pretty hardcore. :D I've been making pretty much flat tracks before so this.
WS 180, tested and designed for Lorenzo's F1 2018. (Eagerly hoping for a 2020 version :))

Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment! :)
Seguna.JPG
Seguna.rar
(47.78 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
FRUKIScze

Re: [cir] Seguna Circuit

Post by FRUKIScze »

I was looking forward this release since I saw it for the first time on WIP thread. I can't wait to try racing here, because the layout looks really tasty and whole track looks pretty neat! :bg:

But I have to pin out 2 things, I would personally improved on this track.
1) Sunk tyres on most of the corners are too far from the apex, tbh. I would have placed them closer to the red/white kerbs.
2) I can understand, that there is a field located outside the track. But why is another field located inside the track?
bez názvu.jpg
It just doesn't make sense. Maybe a little car/truck parking for the racing teams would be a better idea :misch:
aliman wrote:...tested and designed for Lorenzo's F1 2018. (Eagerly hoping for a 2020 version :))
A little birdie told me, that he's already working on that. But don't take my words seriously, those might be just fake rumous. :haha:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
aliman

Post by aliman »

FRUKIScze wrote:I was looking forward this release since I saw it for the first time on WIP thread. I can't wait to try racing here, because the layout looks really tasty and whole track looks pretty neat! :bg:
Wow thanks!

Yeah maybe the sunk tyres are a bit too far from kerbs. I always find it annoying when the tyres are so close to the kerbs that you can't differentiate them especially in high ws tracks. So I'm used to placing them a bit further away. But I'll keep that in mind so you can't take shortcuts ;)

The fields... yeah. :D I wanted to keep the track "simple" and really just ran out of ideas what to do there. I often end up with tracks that are crammed full of objects. I also thought of this track similar to Spa up until early 2000s when the track was still public roads. So the track would've been built after the fields on public roads. But I didn't really go anywhere with that idea. :D

That is definitely something I want to learn to do better so my tracks "make sense". The same thing was brought up in my previous track also. Maybe I'll get it right eventually :)

Btw, the track name is thanks to zgr, who said that it reminds him of Laguna and I thought it resembles Sepang, so Sepang + Laguna = Seguna :)
zgr

Post by zgr »

Ou well, I'm glad I could help you with the name :sweatdrop:
About the track, I like it, very smooth to drive, great job, nice details aswell :bg:

I think I have to agree with FRUKIScze about that field inside the track, mabye a car park or something like it would fit in better..
But in total, again, great job :bg:
Hello.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

This looks very good and flows nicely. I also like your hmap work a lot. :nod: I have to agree with Frukis about the sunk tyres being too far from the corner. :scratch: The AI isn't as fast as I'd like it to be but it's my problem since I don't use Lorenzo's F1. :D

We want more!