[cir] [roa] Kelwer Basin

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] [roa] Kelwer Basin

Post by Danador12 »

Hi guys, another track! The LMap was made before the TuomoH's tutorial, in fact the layout isn't made with TE. The Hmap, instead, follows the advices of the trackeditortutorial.(I don't know if is a good idea to upload my attempt using the TuomoH's Tutorial :coffee: )
In my mind, this will be a complex of 4 different tracks built around that water basin. Other informations are in the ReadMe, my first :mrgreen:

Be aware of the walls near the track, i don't know what to say more, so here we go with the track!
As always, let me know what do you think, any suggests, advices, anything you want to say, i'm curious! :mrgreen:
I hope you'll enjoy it!

P.S. I attached also the first layout of the track, that's because after have read the TuomoH's Tutorial i've putted here some of the things I think i've learned about Hmap. :D In this way you can test the difference, if you want to :meditate:
Attachments
Kelwer Basin.png
Kelwer Basin.rar
(72.55 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Last edited by Danador12 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliman

Re: [cir] [roa] Kelwer Basin

Post by aliman »

You're making good progress with your track making skills :up:
I think you're already better than me at making hmap, and I've been playing for like ten years already :D :doh:
I definitely like the top left corner! I've always felt like the most important part of the track is the layout. All the rest will come with enough time, like lmap, hmap or objects. And this one has a good layout :up:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Oh thank you aliman but you are overrating me :mrgreen:
For that HMap i've just read the advices about it in the Tuomo'S TrackEditor Turorial and applied them on my project. That's all, i think that you can reach fantastic results reading to the same section of the tutorial. :mrgreen:
In fact, now i am blocked in one of the other project of Kelwer because i've an idea for a fantastic hmap but it's too hard to realize for my mastery of HMap :vsad:
More, thanks for feedback and i'm glad you liked the layout because i saw in the topic about track ideas your work in progress layouts and they were absolutely great , :shock: :shock: :shock: so the compliment worths twice :flip: :flip: (I hope they will be upload soon there :mrgreen: )
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Wow, this is much progress since your last tracks! I think the layout works very well and the details are good. My favorite part is the middle section with that cool hmap. :)

Speaking of hmap, it's quite good overall. However, the fact that the road dips towards the water after the first corner is a flaw in my opinion since it's way too easy to hit the wall if you miss the perfect line. The banking in the second corner is not a usual choice but I like it. However, that concrete wall inside is frightening. :misch:

The AI is quite alright but still gets into trouble too much. Also, it could be faster in the last corner. :geek:

All in all, this is your best track so far (haven't tested the next ones yet), keep up the good work. :bg:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Welcome back, Tuomo! :D
I'm happy you're "reviewing" my track :meditate: :mrgreen:
TuomoH wrote:this is much progress since your last tracks!
Glad to know, i feel improved too :heyea:

When i'll get over Kelwer Pack, i'll upload the perfectionated tracks. I'll do something for those concrete walls,
if i understood what do you mean about the road dipping into water, it's a choice to make that part more tricky. :pillepalle: But maybe it could be better, of course.

For the AI, in general, i try to make them doing the best line possible, but i tend to left one point where they can be pushed from me and the each other, maybe it's not necessary. I don't want that they run one behind the other in a perfect indian row. I like to see duels :nod:
For the troubles, i noticed that while racing but they take damages because while pushing each other the one overtaked could hits the wall. If i start a race with only an AI car, it doesn't hit. But maybe it's a good idea to give another look. :eyes:
Thanks for have commented, and happy to know that HMap is well did. :D