Sports. Active!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Discussion about sport events (out of motorsport)

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm a pretty handy keeper in football myself, filling in the for the school at the end of the year. I can also play, less well, rugby and cricket.+
Sutinen

Re: Sports

Post by Sutinen »

This day I finally got my trampoline on the yard, I builded it with my friends! :hiya:
After that we goed to race drag, forest, mixed forest and road with our bikes. :D
And at the evening I goed to cycle on my own in forest and road. :flip:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Sutinen wrote:After that we goed to race drag, forest, mixed forest and road with our bikes. :D
And at the evening I goed to cycle on my own in forest and road. :flip
When I was 15 or so, my friends and me organized a "U-17 World bike drag championship" on the camping site I used to go, about 110 guys compete in the 350m long straight with their mountain bikes. Races were made on a completely straight (and more or less flat :hide: ) 2-lanes-wide road. We made 4 or even 5-wide races (final race was 5-wide: 4 from the semis and 1 from the LCQ). It was pretty amazing, a son of a policeman borrowed us a "radar gun" so we could record the speeds about 25m before the finish line.
I won the championship winning all the races and winning the final race for 0,8 secs or so. I don't remember my best time but my highest speed was around 55kph (35mph).

Was it good for a 15-year old guy to record 55kph on 350m??
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

die996 wrote:
Sutinen wrote:After that we goed to race drag, forest, mixed forest and road with our bikes. :D
And at the evening I goed to cycle on my own in forest and road. :flip
When I was 15 or so, my friends and me organized a "U-17 World bike drag championship" on the camping site I used to go, about 110 guys compete in the 350m long straight with their mountain bikes. Races were made on a completely straight (and more or less flat :hide: ) 2-lanes-wide road. We made 4 or even 5-wide races (final race was 5-wide: 4 from the semis and 1 from the LCQ). It was pretty amazing, a son of a policeman borrowed us a "radar gun" so we could record the speeds about 25m before the finish line.
I won the championship winning all the races and winning the final race for 0,8 secs or so. I don't remember my best time but my highest speed was around 55kph (35mph).

Was it good for a 15-year old guy to record 55kph on 350m??
How is it to shift in bicycle drag races? :scratch:
You had 2 NoS bottles I guess? :D
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I did to today a lovely 2hour and 30minute mountain bike lenk. :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

The Great Falcon wrote:How is it to shift in bicycle drag races? :scratch:
Oh my... the funny TGF comes back again (SARCASM SIGN HERE).
Our only rules were to present your national document so organizers (3 guys, the father of one of them and me) could verify the age, hold your lines (that was pretty hard during the 5-wide qualifying runs) and start on the biggest chainring the bike had. Most racers were running 24-gear bikes so they had 8 gears available but there were some riders who were running 27 gears (me) or a little bit less (21, 18 or even a French teenager with only 12).
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

die996 wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:How is it to shift in bicycle drag races? :scratch:
Oh my... the funny TGF comes back again (SARCASM SIGN HERE).
Our only rules were to present your national document so organizers (3 guys, the father of one of them and me) could verify the age, hold your lines (that was pretty hard during the 5-wide qualifying runs) and start on the biggest chainring the bike had. Most racers were running 24-gear bikes so they had 8 gears available but there were some riders who were running 27 gears (me) or a little bit less (21, 18 or even a French teenager with only 12).
Dah... It could be fun I think with gear shifts :) And add some NoS :flip:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

The Great Falcon wrote: How is it to shift in bicycle drag races? :scratch:
Were just riding with the final gear and trying to overtake other guy. Is it clear now, a**hole? :really:
Did someone say funny TGF? Did he mean annyoing a**hole? :scratch:
Last edited by Sutinen on Sat May 15, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
...... ಠ_ಠ
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

You can't fit NoS to a push bike...

And Sutinen, calm down please.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

But you could add a turbine... :twisted:

Actually, the shifting question was pretty good one. You can perform so much better in anything if you just can shift, and the same comes with bicycling. Looks like the drag race was only with the highest gear, but I'd say that they would have propably gotten even better speeds if they didn't have to use half of the energy to actually get the bike to some kind of speed in the beginning. And there's also the excitement faction with the mountain bikes that you have to lift while changing, so you might mess up the change and race completely if you change too quickly.

And yep, yesterday I tried the 7km route for the first time this year. Looks like the need to walk to school this year has really paid off, since that route was just so much easier this year than when I tried it the first time last year. I could have even done it twice if there just was time for that. It took about 30 mins, which was pretty good considering that I had to pretty much stop to halt at one of the most important parts regarding the time. Huff, I hate it when people want to hog the whole road..
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Sutinen wrote:Were just riding with the final gear and trying to overtake other guy. Is it clear now, ***hole? :really:
Did someone say funny TGF? Did he mean annyoing ***hole? :scratch:
Mister, you're walking on a very thin rope already, being angry at ridiculous things and now even name-calling people, which is an absolute no-no here. You really need to check your attitude or you will find yourself either warned or banned altogether. Understood?
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

YES SIR! :rolf:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That's not the cleverest response ever, particularly as I suspect sarcasm being involved...
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Lukeno1 wrote:That's not the cleverest response ever, particularly as I suspect sarcasm being involved...
No not sarcasm at all. I was just wanted to say that. :D
...... ಠ_ಠ
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

In the drag racing championship, we had to start on the last CHAINRING, we had 6 to 9 gears available. Getting into speed was not very easy but it was one of the best things. Everyone can accelerate little by little and then push it to the limit but not everybody can begin from a standing start and launch it at such speeds in such little space.
During the different camping site seasons, my friends and me organized a bunch of good championships but the drag racing was the most popular one. Competitions like "chainless downhill" (about 50 entries), "twisty stages rally" (about 60) or "quadthlon" (less than 30) were very good. All the competitions had an age limit (U-13, U-15 and U-17).

Chainless downhill: it was not literally chainless, bikes had its chains on but there were a few controls down the 850m abandoned tarmac and gravel road near the tennis club. I couldn't finish
Twisty stages rally: 8 VERY twisty stages done twice. Top speeds weren't over 20kph, some guys had lots of problems keeping their balance at 5kph or so. :roflmao:
Quadthlon: it was a stage (1 stage for swimming but the other 3 were done in a row, without stopping) multi-sport competition.
Swimming: 2 olympic-long pools connected by a pedestrian tunnel (lots of stairs there, slippery on the wet) done 3 times each. You had to go from one end to the other, then go outside, go through the tunnel, swim the lenght of the other pool and return (this, 3 times).
Cycling: 3 loops around a 3 mile long track (more or less) that combined tarmac, gravel, a forest, a big hillclimb and a 60kph straight downhill.
Running: 1 lap around the same track but without the hill and the forest but it also had a short gravel section (1 mile or so).
Pedal scooter: 2 mile long tarmac stage with a couple of little hills and a bunch of stairs (15-20 or so).
Btw, I "only" finished on the top 5 on the quadthlon because I was quite slow at swimming (specially on the space between the pools, it was VERY slippery) and running (I'm not a good runner AT ALL).

Organizing the quadthlon was VERY hard because about 15 adults had to help us so we could have some kind of checkpoints and a "change area" (parking bikes and pedal scooters). I really recomend you to organize such kind of events with your friends, races can be even better than official events and some battles (or continued rivalries) can be VERY exciting AND fun.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I need to say sorry to TGF, but thats not so great if your making fun of me. That was annoying. :uglylol:
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Sutinen wrote:I need to say sorry to TGF, but thats not so great if your making fun of me. That was annoying. :uglylol:
In no way I was wanting to make fun of you, he. :) I just thought that it'll be great to shift. Even if I know that NOS can't fitted on a bick, it would be funny. :D Fit a NOS bottle or two for your next race and fake to use it. Don't forget to take photos :yummy:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Won 20-3 today, scored twice, not bad :)

next match we'll be the champions, again ;)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

The Great Falcon wrote:
Sutinen wrote:I need to say sorry to TGF, but thats not so great if your making fun of me. That was annoying. :uglylol:
In no way I was wanting to make fun of you, he. :) I just thought that it'll be great to shift. Even if I know that NOS can't fitted on a bick, it would be funny. :D Fit a NOS bottle or two for your next race and fake to use it. Don't forget to take photos :yummy:
Now, when I think about it, that wasnt bad thing at all. When I did that comment I thought that you did alittle sarcasm and tryed to be mean there, but you didnt. :rolleyes:
...... ಠ_ಠ
maclape

Post by maclape »

I play it and love it

I love it

/Topic :mrgreen:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

i'll be training/coaching my own team from next season onward, with someone from my team. Should be good!
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

I like mountain bike and ride minibikes
DSCF0009 (Small).JPG
that's my bike :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
daltoncarl

Post by daltoncarl »

love riding those things~ :cflag:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

...... ಠ_ಠ
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I have old bike frame from 24" Nakamura (Nahkamuna :D ) and Scott. Then I have 26" frame of Raleigh. I thinked about taking the front suspensions and the rear of the raleigh and handlebar from Nakamura. Scott can be used as a frame to new bike. :boxing:
...... ಠ_ಠ