5 months of GRIF - changes in the staff and new rules

Important notifications about forum and its maintenance.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

5 months of GRIF - changes in the staff and new rules

Post by Herbal »

Guys, I wish you to tell some important news.

First, we have changes in mods crew and even some major promotions! I proudly welcome new faces - XYY will be since now local mod of main part of forum - Tracks section. :up:

Second new face is TLN, who will has special position - he becomes our official Track Restorer. :bg: His job will be in closest time horizon to find tracks, which we know about their status to be free to share - tracks, which survived all troubles will readmes, which allow it, because this kind of tracks can be freely uploaded to forum without any legal problems (if we do it correctly). He will tell you later more in the Restored tracks, how his effort will be organized and how can we all other can be useful to him in this giant work. :boxing: So for now in Restored Tracks area not only original authors, but TLN too may uploads tracks. Fight for saving GR treasures continue. :popcorn:

And now promotions. Buka becomes global mod, his place as Local mod of Championships area will be abandoned without compensation, AFAIK we don't need it. And main promotion? TuomoH becomes admin, equal in everything to me and Ivo. :wow:

Congratulations, guys! :clap:

Second news is, that we have new rules, which you surely noticed thanks to PMs (not one :rage: ). The rules are result of hard discussion of all mods (we worked on it several months), they should solve some problems of old rules, but we didn't wanted to do just update, but make new rules, which will fit better to us all instead of some of rigid, useless and unreasonable habits from past. The rules are in force since today, they will not be applied on things, which happened before this day (like tracks posted here before this day) - everything, what happened in past here stays under old order.

Thanks for attention.

DXTR
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Quklis

Re: 5 months of GRIF - changes in the staff and new rules

Post by Quklis »

Are you sure that sending the PM 4 times is enough? :mrgreen:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Ivo Porč wrote:Global PM send as you wished.

BTW don't think, that we sent it to you 4 times, because we really want to be sure, that you had read it. It's not my fault. When I tried to send it, it showed me always server error 500, so I completely didn't know, that it was sent, until DXTR screamed on me, that he received it 4 times! :rage: :faintgirl: :hide: :D
I'm sorry. :(

And my congrats to new/promoted guys too. Good luck! :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

It's bit strange to promote someone to a moderator when he has been an (active) member of the community for just few months :really:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

aleksinir wrote:It's bit strange to promote someone as a moderator when he has been an (active) member of the community for just few months :really:
:iagree:

It was surprising for me, honestly, he is rookie and I think that someone we know for longer time and someone who proved to be responsible would be better :hide:

(No offence XYY but I had to say that...)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

XYY was chosen as he proved active interest in keeping rules of forum, he placed many very valuable and precise reports to mods, which helped us a lot to keep order in this forum. Making him to be local mod is next logical step, if he has interest to do it. Plus his always polite behavior and valuable posting prevent to have any doubts, which could raise with his not high age. And he's long time active in German forum, where he achieved lot of experience before being active here. Being moderator is not award for long presence in forum, but service to others. I have full trust, that he'll do it well. :bg:
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

cheerleader: Congratulations to all cheerleader:

although i thought i had got away with TuomoH telling me what to do... now it looks like he's back again :doh: :lol:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Well, let's just say that being a moderator requires something more than being polite and helpful.

But it's your decision...
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

I agree with Aleksi and Dan, I also think that some members would be better for this kind of task, but this is not democracy so it's up to the admins to decide :D

Anyways LONG LIFE TO GRIF :clap:
Signatures are overrated
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Lets give XYY a chance.....I think he will do OK

BTW I really like the rules change.....this solve many problems related to permission which were quite a PITA.... :up:
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

Exactly, now it's not like "you can't do anything without permission", but "what isn't forbidden is allowed". This will make things easier for many people, especially if you can't contact authors.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

PacmanOwnage wrote:although i thought i had got away with TuomoH telling me what to do... now it looks like he's back again :doh: :lol:
I'm not back, I've been here the whole time, following you guys like a shadow. ;)

Congrats to other promoted people. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I must add one next news about moderators team, this times sad: Kory Miller was set free from mods duties because of his private life. If his situation would change once, we'll welcome him back between active moderators with pleasure.

Thank you, Kory. :bg:
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

It was a pleasure to have you in the moderator staff, Kory. I hope you may return soon to us! :up:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I agree with DXTR. Thanks, Kory, hope to see you back, and good luck with your other commitments. :)