[cir] Brigwene

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Paw

[cir] Brigwene

Post by Paw »

I'm presenting you my new track:

:cflag: Brigwene :cflag:

It was lying for a quite long time on my HDD, as I had to learn to exams. Now I've found some time to finish it, and here it is. It was based on this desing made by Pirenzo and edited by Duffacus from Ten Tenths forum.
The track is rather fast and flowing with only two-three tighter corners. A short description of lap: First you go through 180 lefthander. This brings you after a straight to fast downhill righthander - a real challenge both for driver and tyres. After long run you get to tight lefthand hairpin. The following R-L-R combination may look simple, but you should watch out for tricky HMap, especially when driving through the bridge. The lefthander brings you to pair of esses and then to main straight.
Inside the track there's golf pitch, and on outside - a park. And yes, I fell in love with dense fir and pine trees! ;) Other than that - it's my usual style.

Have fun!
Paw
Attachments
Brigwene1.1.gif
Brigwene1.1.zip
(84.72 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Brigwene.gif
Brigwene.zip
(87.41 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
Last edited by Paw on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Brigwene

Post by AleksiNir »

Wow, that hmap, specially at the esses, gives me nice vibes. Great work there! :clap:

About scenery I have the feeling that it's a bit unfinished, I mean you could've added more stuff there. Like more stuff/buildings behind stands, or house/booths along the road in top ;).
IMO there's too much sand in dithering, but as I've said earlier in other tracks' comments, it's matter of taste I guess. Another thing that's maybe a matter of taste - I don't like gates with stands, at least not when it covers the whole stand. Also everything in pits seems too big/wide for me, the lane itself, area for pits, that area with yellow lines.

That golf field is an original and very good idea, but I think it would've looked better with less, or completely without dithering.
The runoffs and tarmac look very nice :bg:

Very good track you've done, and compliments to Pirenzo for making a great layout ;) I'm looking forward to your next tracks :yummy:
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Good Job Man! Its a pleasure to the eyes and fun to drive! Congrats
Bruno Asp
Velocidade na alma/ Speed in the soul/ Velocidad en el Alma
All my tracks: http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=645
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Great and as Alksi said, the HMAP is awesome :bg:

I especially like the golf course though the adverts on right of the second straight are cool.
Paw

Post by Paw »

aleksinir wrote:About scenery I have the feeling that it's a bit unfinished, I mean you could've added more stuff there. Like more stuff/buildings behind stands, or house/booths along the road in top ;).
The road in top is meant to be a way for spectators, but yeah, I somehow forgotten about this part of scenery.
aleksinir wrote:That golf field is an original and very good idea, but I think it would've looked better with less, or completely without dithering.
I wanted to achieve look like this, but, as you can see, it isn't that good.

It's also nice, that you guys like the HMap.

Any other comments, ideas, improvements?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Lovely track, the landscape is very nice (I like open space in tracks). And I agree with somebody above, at least the green around golf holes could be without dithering.

Surely one of most impressive and enjoyable circuits I know. :bg:
Paw

Post by Paw »

I've made version 1.1. I've deleted the texture from the golf field, reworked the dithering slightly, changed the gates over stands (as Aleksi suggested) and added some objects in the top section. Just small alterations.