error on explorer.exe

Browse FAQ, ask other guys for help with your issue or post a hint here.
Thunderstrucker

error on explorer.exe

Post by Thunderstrucker »

yesterday, i was going to play GeneRally on my newest track, the High Speed Ring
when i select the track, the screen goes black, and the windows says the GeneRally.exe found a problem, and has to be closed.
but every time when i do this, it shows that. and the 5th, or 6th time, the windows said that the explorer.exe found a problem!
i entered in panic stage that time... but 3 secs later, the explorer started again. :oopstable: this happened 1 more time, more later, and then i can't play generally more! what's happening? :weep:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: error on explorer.exe

Post by Trigger Happy »

try to download fresh install of the game. If it will work, put there your collection of tracks, cars and driver files. Maybe the generally.exe or other file is corrupted. Maybe the cause is elsewhere, but you must know, what you did with your PC between last correct playing and occurrence of problem (e.g. install of new software, graphic drivers etc etc).
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Ivo Porč wrote:try to download fresh install of the game. If it will work, put there your collection of tracks, cars and driver files. Maybe the generally.exe or other file is corrupted. Maybe the cause is elsewhere, but you must know, what you did with your PC between last correct playing and occurrence of problem (e.g. install of new software, graphic drivers etc etc).
i can play the game, but only in all tracks folder
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Paw

Post by Paw »

Perform a search in your Tracks folder for string "*" (withouth the quotes). Then, cut all the non .trk files. Also some files with special characters in name may cause this.