GeneRally Awards List

General discussion about your experience with the game.
zsoltbartok

Re: GeneRally Awards List

Post by zsoltbartok »

I agree with Akouk. GWR is based on the result of the competitions, on pure statistics. It is great, but different from a community Award. Trackmakers also have ToM, but we still have the Trackmaster Award. What do drivers have? (And it is a racing game, after all.)

When I take a look at the monthly world championship lists, it amazes me that some people (might be even you guys who answered my reply :) ) have spent long years racing, did hundreds of races with excellent results. I think this shows a serious commitment to :gr: and the community.

I understand it can be a problematic thing to nominate someone to an Award. But maybe selecting a new Trackmaster is just as difficult. Is it only based on the ToM results? Probably not, you have other things to consider as well. When you select a Generally Champion, it is similar. Take the GWR results as a base and take other factors into considerations as well. Or as a first thought, set criteria based on GWR and nominate those who meet them and let the forum members vote. Would it be impossible? Or do you think the whole thing is unnecessary?
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Precisely. We can mix it together. E.g. rank like (now just my fantasy, not a proposal or something serious) ''GeneRally Lightning'' for everybody who took e.g. at least 25 victories and a title in GWR (it would have to be more justice and complete conditions). In fact it could be the most justice rank of all (with lowest factor of human influence).
TuomoH wrote:When it was previously discussed at RSC it came up that GWR is actually what the awards are for track and car makers. Just one thought. ;)
I cannot fully agree, Tuomo. Trackmakers have ToM and carmakes CoM, then you could say same about them like about GWR and cancel both this two ranks with just Wizards surviving. :D I think, that racers deserve rank too. :)
akouk

Post by akouk »

Ivo Porč wrote: I think, that racers deserve rank too. :)
Well, Drivers awards are not much appealing to me. Track-making & Car-making do improove the game; while racing is more or less competing.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

GR would be less without the community behind it. To me, trackmakers, carmakers and racers/compo organizers play an equally important role in keeping this great little game alive. This is why I support the idea of having a racer Award, even if racing is not productive. To me, what counts is the active and quality presence in the community.

I am neither an old member or the GR family, nor a great racer to decide if the whole idea is OK or not. But I have tried to make tracks, cars, and be good at races, and I know that to be good at any of them requires patience, talent, and a lot of free time. I respect this kind of dedication a lot and I brought up the idea of a new Award because I am curious how you all see the matter.
I am still waiting for arguments against/for the idea.
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

3rd September 2010

After a long break of updating the GR Awards list, finally seven new names were elected by the admins of GRIF, with the approvement of James Burgess and Rich Nagel.

Track Masters:
aleksinir
Bouncebackability
egamad
Maciej1

Car Masters:
Genetleman
Haruna Say

GeneRally Wizard:
GeorgM
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Buka

Post by Buka »

Congratulations, guys! Of course, it's just a formality and everyone knows who is who between us, but it's very nice formality! But I beg you to keep making new stuff for us.

Once again, congratulations, guys! cheerleader:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Congrats to all "new" trackmasters, carmasters, and to the new wizard :clap:
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Congratulations all. cheerleader:
You all deserve it really really much. And there is no choice i disagree with. :bg:
I have to give my special praises to Aleksi And BBA, you are simply fantastic. :clap:
Haruna Say wrote:Ah yes, the exclusive list of the elite few, the one I will never join.
;)
Last edited by Mr.J on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

:wow: thanks for the award :bg:

and congratulations to everybody else :up:
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

WTF I'M CARMASTER!?!

OMG WINSAUCE!?!?

Thanks guys. :)
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Told you it was only a matter of time :P Congratulations to all those who received awards. Now, I really should start carmaking again... :D
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Haruna Say wrote:WTF I'M CARMASTER!?!

OMG WINSAUCE!?!?

Thanks guys. :)
Now the doubts that you have will disappear and a very happy Haruna will be a common occurance. Big congratulations from the DHV Zonnebloem (or whatever the heck it's called these days...) boardroom. :rolf:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

:mail:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I remember 5 years ago, when I had just released my first tracks on RSC, and Crowella got the trackmaster award. After I had congratulated him, he said me that some day he will see my name on the list too... I was sure, that the day would never come, but here we are. :D

Now after about 6 years after I found GR, a bit over 5 years since I joined the community, and being a part of it for 1/3 of my life, I don't know the precise number, but about 100 tracks released, 7 ToM bronzes, 1 ToY bronze, 6 ToM silvers, 3 ToM golds and 184 ToM votes, I finally got the award, that has been one of my dreams since I joined RSC.

I want to thank those who helped me and encouraged me to make better tracks, especially Ben Buitendijk, Crowella and Darjo :shy:
Thanks to my beta testers for the past 22 years and a bit more, Quklis and Darjo!
Also thanks to everyone, who downloaded my tracks, commented them, nominated/voted on ToM, and most importantly enjoyed them! ;)

Even if my motivation to trackmaking has reduced lately (though I'm quite sure it will grow again some day), I will continue trackmaking, and if all goes well, you'll see one new track within few days :misch:

:roses:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My congratulations, mates. :bg: Nice to see you so happy. :heyea:
A note for other people like me - winsauce : A term that refers to something of great awesomeness (according according urbandictionary.com). :flip:
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

:shock:

Wow. This was completely unexpected. I can't even find the right words in english to express how I feel right now. :P So let me say this in simple words, but from the heart - I sincerely thank you.
Thanks to the wonderful staff for keeping the forum a pleasant and welcoming place I feel good staying in. Thanks to fellow trackmakers for giving me inspiration with your incredible creations. There are influences that maybe even I don't realize completely, but the most important ones I have mentioned before and won't again list here, for sure some would be missed out. Furthermore, I want to thank all people that took interest in my work, either by beta testing, giving advice, simply commenting or motivating me in any other way. It means the world to me. This is an award for the entire community, because without you guys I wouldn't be here either. So, again, thank you.
:done:

Congrats to all other masters, you all truly deserve the awards.
So, I guess I should start trackmaking a bit more seriously now, so that you won't take the award right away again. :lol:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Big congrats to all awarded member :bg: All very deserved :bowdown:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Congratulations for the new awarded members! They are very deserved for it! :clap:
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Congrats to the new masters - well deserved. :clap: :clap: :clap:
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Congratulations to new Masters and new Wizard. The seven men are deserve for the award. :champa:

But my only dissatisfaction. It was not given the award to future design. In spite of his getting a lot of the ToM prizes. Above all, his tracks have a high skill which just deserves the award.. :|
GeorgM
GeneRally Wizard

Post by GeorgM »

.. thank you! I'm happy to get the wizard! :winner:
egamad wrote:Thanks to the wonderful staff for keeping the forum a pleasant and welcoming place I feel good staying in.
:nod: :bg:

Congrats to all Masters! :hattip:

Best regards! :wave:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Just noticed that in viewing egamads profile :D congrats guys, you really deserve it :bg:.

:hattip:
I think I should make my tracks even better :D
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Dan Hakulín wrote:
Or more track types? :hide:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Dan Hakulín wrote:Just noticed that in viewing egamads profile :D congrats guys, you really deserve it :bg:.

:hattip:
I'm not saying that egamad's stuff is bad but I think that Haq has made way much tracks and the quality that comes with it is superior in my humble opinion... And BTW, why would Haq need to make more tracks type? Nobody remember Onder??? AFAIK, he's track master and has made only Rally or mainly most of his tracks were rallies...

My :2c:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Dan Hakulin will become a track master with time. It's the little details that make one a master of his profession, which is why egamad, Aleksi and Haruna have been put through now, and others may not have.
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Luke, I respect your opinion but I refuse it. :)
The thing that makes one a master in his profession is the ability to make creations that make a person want to keep playing GR.

Anyway, congrats to Aleksinir, Bouncebackability, Maciej1 and egamad!!!
Last edited by Darjo on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signatures are overrated