New features of the forum

Important notifications about forum and its maintenance.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

New features of the forum

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hi, guys.

Maybe you noticed in past few days, that something happens with forum. That was me - implementing some small new features for us into the forum. Now I introduce them to you:

Upgrade of PM interface:
This theme consists of two new features. I added a search-box feature in our pm-folders. We can search words, authors etc etc. Second feature is blocking particular PMs by users. Everybody can create his black-list (blocks receiving private messages from the users in PM blacklist) or white list (allow receiving private messages only from the users in PM whitelist) and includes possibility of reasoning of blacklisting. Both this two features are available in PM interface.

Other features:
I re-sorted the menu in top of the page (to be more handy) and included into it some new options. One is link to GR alt. homepage, which was opened in past few days. Second is full text of rules (which allow them to be better available from any place of forum and we could delete one subforum, which was pretty useless). And last one is new Contact form to contact admins. It's something like emergency call for registered users and guests too - it sends message to all admins group with IP and e-mail contact to sender, so we can solve some serious problems faster. As I said, it's option of last chance to contact us, so with minor things ask in support forum as it was, please. And I incorporated advanced ban list for us, because this info should be more visible than it used to be. If any users are banned, a link to ban list is displayed on bottom of index page together with other stats. The ban list included some details about the ban too (like length).

Technical changes:
1. Registration agreement includes full text of rules now.
2. List allowed extensions is available in the full post editor, when you'll hover your mouse over particular extension, max. allowed size of the file is displayed.
3. View-counter of topics is no longer increased by repeating viewing of the topic by topic's starter. He's counted only once.
4. Prevention of double posts. If a poster of last reply in topic will post there again it next 15 minutes since the previous post, the new post will be automatically merged with the previous post.
Edit: 5. On request added ''Search user’s topics'' into user's profile.

Hopefully these changes will increase our comfort here. Have fun. :bg:

Ivo
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: New features of the forum

Post by Lukeno94 »

Some new and refreshing changes there, some of which I've never seen elsewhere.
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Ivo, if it's not so hard, would it be possible to add the search type "Find threads by this user" in the profile page?
It would be really useful IMO :).
Signatures are overrated
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'll look on it, but I cannot promise anything.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Good point, a fair few times I've wanted that feature.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Darjo wrote:Ivo, if it's not so hard, would it be possible to add the search type "Find threads by this user" in the profile page?
It would be really useful IMO :).
:bg:
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

the forum is great now :D
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead