[rwl] [cir] GP Ribeirão Preto

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bruno Asp

[rwl] [cir] GP Ribeirão Preto

Post by Bruno Asp »

After two months of hard work in real life, I managed to finish the project in which I have worked in this period: street circuit in the city of Ribeirao Preto.

Located 320km from São Paulo, Ribeirão Preto is one of the richest in the country

The circuit, with its 2.1 km, was the second street layout created for the top category of motor racing in Brazil - Stock Car - (the first track was in Salvador / BA) and was first used on 6/6/2010 in the fifth stage of the competition.

I hope you enjoy!

obs: you can find some photos of Ribeirão Preto street circuit here - http://stockcarimagebank.com.br/site/index.php. Just type Ribeirão Preto on the find field.
Attachments
Ribeirao.jpg
RibeiraoPreto.zip
(156.14 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Last edited by Bruno Asp on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruno Asp
Velocidade na alma/ Speed in the soul/ Velocidad en el Alma
All my tracks: http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=645
dead14vii1640

Re: [rwl][cir] GP Ribeirão Preto

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Track is great, problem is roundabout kills the great layout... I know it's real but would you make a "roundless" version??
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

Woooow, one of best street tracks I ever saw!
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

eveofracing wrote:Track is great, problem is roundabout kills the great layout... I know it's real but would you make a "roundless" version??
Hey Eveo, how u? Well, Let me see if I understand: You're saying that the problem of course is the square? If so, change is complicated because, as you said, this is a real track. Either, way, I am available to read about your suggestion in more detail. Feel free to post here! Greetings!
ZeroCool wrote:Woooow, one of best street tracks I ever saw!
Thanks Man!
Bruno Asp
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Great!
:D
9999/5
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ Bruno: please make gap between tags or nobody will not be capable to find your track via search feature. You can correct it by editing the ''Subject'' row of the first post.

BTW good track. :up:
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Ivo Porč wrote:@ Bruno: please make gap between tags or nobody will not be capable to find your track via search feature. You can correct it by editing the ''Subject'' row of the first post.

BTW good track. :up:
DID!!! Thanks!!
Bruno Asp
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] GP Ribeirão Preto

Post by Black Rebel »

Suerp track Bruno, really well done. Could you share some more info about the real thing?

Thanks!
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

REMAKE of MY POST

Suggests:
· Make a version without the roundabout (the circular road) but with a chicane

Pros about the suggest:
· Better layout
· More overtaking opportunities

Cons about the suggest:
· It would be no longer a real-world track
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Black Rebel wrote:Suerp track Bruno, really well done. Could you share some more info about the real thing?

Thanks!
I am very happy with his praise "Rebel". You are a good reference regarding the set for that game.

To be honest, there is very little consolidated information available on the Internet about the street circuit of Ribeirao Preto. The City Hall of Ribeirão Preto was trying to leverage expression racing competition stages. Before the street circuit of Anhembi, at Sao Paulo City, be confirmed as the Brazilian leg of the Formula Indy, much speculated on a street circuit in the city of Ribeirao Preto. The city is a kind of capital of Brazilian ethanol and around it there are many alcohol plants, which became one of the richest cities in Brazil (though not as well known internationally). The per capita income of the city is like that of many European countries, to give you an idea.

This rich position enabled the city government could mount one of the best structures between the main stages of the main brazilian national competition racing, Stock Car (http://stockcar.globo.com/ - in Portuguese). The circuit has been highly praised by pilots who went there in June and so far has had a record audience League (42000 expectators). In fact, the only change will be made for next year, as already disclosed by the organization's stage, will be extending the runway, which became very difficult for any passing.

The trail, created in a new area of the city, has exactly 2270 meters with 10 curves. The Maximum speed reaches 210 km/h

Some images can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=s ... eto&m=text

layout of the circuit in Google Maps: Map

To know more about this circuit, I sugest some videos:

1) Caca Bueno, triple champion Stock Car, talks about the expectations for the GP RIB (This one shows in detail the view from the pilot) - Video1
2) Thiago Camilo recoils in Ribeirao Preto - Video2
3) Expectations for the stage of stock car in Ribeirao Preto - Video3
4) Stock Car promises some news (At the end of this video, you can view the route and the high) - Video4

eveofracing wrote:REMAKE of MY POST
Suggests:
· Make a version without the roundabout (the circular road) but with a chicane
Pros about the suggest:
· Better layout
· More overtaking opportunities
Cons about the suggest:
· It would be no longer a real-world track
About your suggestion, I suggest you do an outline of how you think that this stroke chicane. I honestly do not see. Anyway, as you may have read above, the only change will be made in the circuit for next year is the extension of the runway, just to give more opportunities for overtaking. How is a real track, this change neutering.

Well, I await your sketch to start thinking about making such adjustments (which certainly will be inserted here with another name or a complementary file in the pack of Ribeirão Preto). Greetings
Bruno Asp
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Thank yo very much, it is really appreciated.

Isthere any way wher we can watch the race?
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Black Rebel wrote:Thank yo very much, it is really appreciated.

Isthere any way wher we can watch the race?
Dude, if I tell you that it is virtually impossible to watch on television, would you believe? So, just so you do not think I'm crazy, I copy below a translation of part of a story on this subject

PS: TRY TO FIND "GLOBO" ON JUSTINTV.COM. Right now its happening the GP de Salvador.

TV Globo, Stock Car and You: How to See?

Friends, let's cut to the chase. For those who enjoy auto racing, nothing is more frustrating than watching the event apart. We saw again this example Stock Car Curitiba, broadcast by TV Globo. The confusion as to show the race hinders progress and understanding. The start was live, within the Sports Spectacular [name of a program] and ran for a few minutes when it opened up space for another sport (was it football?) And who wanted to follow was sucking his finger.

Turns out, without telling anyone, began to display in full and live in SporTV 2 [pay tv channel]. Poor speaker of pay TV was lost, even though the Rodrigo Mattar was there giving a, say, hand. And how is the viewer? After all, television is not made for him?

The two broadcasters are the same group, owners of the same event and compete for audience? As far as I know before they spoke the same language, but maybe now a change of accent has undermined the understanding in covering these events in parsimony. Was it so that the transmission of the race live on TV gave the impression to open again before the deal? And whose fault? Agreement between the organizer and television? Each one does not do your part? Because the event suffers?

More in Poruguese here: http://www.diariomotorsport.com.br/2010 ... -como-ver/

Well, if I find a way to see, I'll let you kno!
Bruno Asp