[rwl] [ovl] [stu] [oth] Pardubice Racecourse

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [ovl] [stu] [oth] Pardubice Racecourse

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hi, guys.

This is my new track. Maybe not most beautiful I ever made, but I'm quite proud, that I was capable to manage it at least by this way. It's horsetrack in Pardubice, Czech Republic. It is famous mainly by its Grand Pardubice Steeplechase Cross-country (held since 1874) because its huge length, complex layout, dangerous and variating obstacles. It's considered as one of hardest races of this kind in Europe. Flat races are organized there too, however their importance is lower. The track hosted too a motorcycle event - Golden Helmet of Pardubice - from 1929 to 1963, when the race was moved to purpose built speedway few kilometers westwards because of safety (5 riders were killed during years here). Real lengths are: 2 200 m or 2 400 oval, 6 900 m steeplechase cross-country, 900 - 1 100 m flat race.
photo.jpg
The pack includes following layouts: steeplechase (ST), flat race (FL) and Golden Helmet (GH).

Flat race is race on about half of the oval layout as it's used in real (turns to right). It's made for 1-lap races with horses, however grid is compromise because of WS. Recommended car: Ms...' Horses (Turf version). Edit: the pack includes horse sounds (by Black Rebel) too.
Pardubice Racecourse.gif
Steeplechase course is in fact stunt style track (jumps by stones over bushes and other obstacles), it includes all 31 obstacles of real track, even if many compromises are done. It's very tricky race both for human and AI drivers, but obviously 4-5 AIs finish without trouble. I'm adding a pic. with drawn line of the course, for first I recommend to carefully watch, how single AI runs (btw very funny is to watch the only-AI race). I couldn't use a shadow lap for demonstration, because time of the race is about 1:30 - 1:50 min. (BTW real race takes about 9-10 minutes). However it's not as complex as it may look on first view. ;) And again, 1-lap race, grid is this time real one as used. Recommended car again Ms...' Horses (Turf version).
steeplechase cross-country.gif
Finally, Golden Helmet layout is pure grass oval with left turns like it was used for the race. You can race here how much laps you wish, I tested it with default cars general and yankee. I hadn't much info about old appearance of the track out of one video, I just know, that it didn't changed very much, main change to previous two layouts is deleted new club building, which was finished in 1998 (rest of paddock should date back to pre-WWII days). And the video:
I hope, that you'll have fun. And here is the major file :flip: (readme in pack updated after 77 downloads):
Pardubice Racecourse.zip
(604.63 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Thunderstrucker

Re: [rwl] [ovl] [stu] [oth] Pardubice Racecourse

Post by Thunderstrucker »

:bowdown:
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/5 :clap:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Crazy idea :rolleyes: couldn't keep with the AIs at all in the long course :sweatdrop:

A small flaw in the ST one, you get lap on the starting lap which means fastest lap will always go to the one who is first on the start :shrug:
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

:jawdrop: Amazing track!

Good job :bg:
9,5/10
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

I like the way you managed to make all the jumps in the long version, it works perfectly, but learning the layout is still on my to-do list:) I did a few laps with the rallycar on the oval, very good too, speedway-style sliding in the corners, it's fun!
And looks good too!
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Great that you like it, guys. :banana:
mizzamar wrote:I like the way you managed to make all the jumps in the long version, it works perfectly, but learning the layout is still on my to-do list:)...
Quklis wrote:Crazy idea :rolleyes: couldn't keep with the AIs at all in the long course :sweatdrop:
Yes, the steeplechase is damn hard, layout it hard and the Ms.. horses are really headstrong animals like real race horses. :sweatdrop: It really deserves for some practice to become familiar with both before competing with AIs. :witch:

Quklis wrote:A small flaw in the ST one, you get lap on the starting lap which means fastest lap will always go to the one who is first on the start.
Sorry, I don't get it. In my tests the steeplechase is won by a horse, which crosses f/s line as first. :shrug: Maybe you mean the flat race and advantage, which has horse closest to inner fencing? :scratch:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Ivo Porč wrote:
Quklis wrote:A small flaw in the ST one, you get lap on the starting lap which means fastest lap will always go to the one who is first on the start.
Sorry, I don't get it. In my tests the steeplechase is won by a horse, which crosses f/s line as first. :shrug: Maybe you mean the flat race and advantage, which has horse closest to inner fencing? :scratch:
:doh: I meant to write FL where you start from the middle of the lap.
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

:wow:

I compared this track with the picture. It recreates its real-course very faithfully, and so beautiful!!

I'm playing GeneRally since 2003. If these day's players get on the time-machine and have come at present, they would be surprised at the high-skill tracks. This is one of those high-skills. I was surprised too, and I'm a present day's player..

5/5! :bg: Great job!

p.s. My horses are too stubborn.. :sweatdrop:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you, Masa. You're very kind person and I'm especially happy, that you appreciated this my little project. :)

And your horses are stubborn, but very cool too. Without you creating them, I would never make this track. :bg:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

That is great... I have to say I made the sound pack for the Massa horses... and it is really fun. XD
zgr

Post by zgr »

what a track :shock:
its simply great :clap:

i like the "infield", and...no words, just great :bg:

@br: wait for the soundpack :P
Hello.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you, guys. :wave:

@ zegarek: The soundpack is default part of the Ms...' Horses pack. And is really cool. ;)
zgr

Post by zgr »

ok, i'll try the pack :)
Hello.