[cir] Biumoli

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Biumoli

Post by Crowella »

Keywords: Crowella Circuit TE Track Editor Small

It's taken a long time but I'm back with another circuit. This circuit, has one twist however. This is entirely made using Track Editor only

It's a rather fun circuit to race on and the AI are quite challenging.

I feel quite comfortable with how it turned out, considering what I had at my disposal, I did the best I could with it. Kerbs were probably the most annoying part but they still worked out alright. Also showed that dithering was possible.

Now, that line of TE only tracks being more fun than perfect looking tracks is blurred even more. No excuses now. :bg:
Attachments
Biumoli.zip
(27.35 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Biumoli.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
LAVI
Location: From your home drive straight, right, left, right, U-turn, left, right, left, straight and TADA!

Re: [cir] Biumoli

Post by LAVI »

How did you make the cliffs and the kerbs???I think you have been using MS paint or other image editin-program.
LAVIProductions2011
-------------------------------------------------------------
Owner of team WaveRace
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

LAVI wrote:How did you make the cliffs and the kerbs???I think you have been using MS paint or other image editin-program.
Check out the cliffs in TE and you'll see. ;) And the kerbs are just a bit of trickery, it's possible.

Looks very good Adam, you surely show that "TE only" isn't a synonym with bad-looking. :up:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

LAVI wrote:How did you make the cliffs and the kerbs???I think you have been using MS paint or other image editin-program.
Like TuomoH said, it's all little tricks. Mostly just clicking different colours in TE for the cliffs. To minimise how bad the cliff looks, I made the cliff facing away so it appears to be rocky but not too messy. This didn't take too long to create but it took a while for me to make it look presentable, hence the cliff faces away from the front.

I created a kerb by slightly putting some tarmac 2 where the kerb should be. I then coloured the kerb in oil, painted the white line, coloured the oil that was on the track back in tarmac 2, then went at it with the yellow and white line. It took a while and I did really want to have a shiny black kerb too. That is possible but it would have taken too long and been very hard on tight corners.
TuomoH wrote:Looks very good Adam, you surely show that "TE only" isn't a synonym with bad-looking. :up:
Thank you. That was the idea. Also shows that you don't need all the fancy tools we take for granted :hattip:
View my archived circuits/cars here
MattyG

Post by MattyG »

very cool looking track, i think that the scenery here looks the best ;) and yeah its great to race on too

great work as usual :up:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Seriously? :D Oh man that looks good. The biggest challenge must have been the planning on when to do which part. It's so easy to make a small mistake on TE and then you have to do the whole area again. This is the sort of mastery that beats every lmap building.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

[offtopic] I'm just wondering if you can make Landmap Objects in TE [/offtopic]

Great track as usual! btw you don'T need any other programs to make your track looking good, except than TE ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Definitely great track. :bg: Maybe bit empty in middle, I can imagine there 2-4 more bushes and maybe bit more, but it doesn't matter so much.

A rookie cannot make similar track in TE by any chance. And to master it took months? IMHO the reason of recommending the external editors is, that rookie can work in an ext. editor much quicker and, like 1nsane said, with higher number of solvable mistakes than with clean TE to create with equal or better final result. :)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

The track is a masterpiece by it's own standards, ulitlising 100% of TE capabilities. I don't believe there has been anything like it before. :clap:

Considering you challenged yourself to a TE only track, this is really exceptional. But as it lacks all the externally editable eye-candy, it's by any other standards "only" above average. :lol:
I really like the whole middle section - if you slice the track horizontally into 3 equal pieces, the center and top ones are excellent, but I don't particularly like the bottom, just my taste. Also the layout is enjoyable. Good job!

This track should almost wear the [oth] tag, as it's very special in a way.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!